Pattaya Removes Motorbike Taxi Stand to Restore Walkway Access

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They were instructed not to invade public spaces further, and any future encroachment may lead to legal consequences.

That should teach them.

• Haha 2

Great that they squeeze the little Win terrorists for once. Hope they find more 5h1t they put up everywhere and make an example of them. Time to teach them, they not own the cities they are active in.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The city authorities of Pattaya, under the direction of Deputy Mayor Mr. Wuthisak Rermkitchakit, dismantled a motorbike taxi stand that was reportedly encroaching upon a public footpath on Second Road

Encroaching.... ?

• Confused 1

I hope they talked with the MFIA boss of these taxi drivers as well. What do you think?

Yes I left a letter out of one word. We all know why the taxi (cars) companies have so much power, it is their top bosses.

Phuket taxi companies have top bosses as well. My Opinion as to why these illegal structures take so long to get

dismantled.

There is a police box on the cnr of 2nd road and Klang, you can see it in the photo above. So not hard to check if they rebuild the obstructions. Not that any cop ever leaves the comfort of the box!! 

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Encroaching? I always thought the motorcycle taxi guys owned the pavements!

Shared between them and the vendors.

On 5/4/2024 at 1:53 PM, hotchilli said:

Encroaching.... ?

Yes. At that particular place there is a police stand where they constantly do police checkpoints having the drivers pull over in the extra lane. Having a taxi stand there would be an easy place to video record any shenanigans during checkpoint stops without their knowledge. Too near to them for their comfort would be encroaching I presume. 

On 5/4/2024 at 7:03 AM, Gottfrid said:

Great that they squeeze the little Win terrorists for once. Hope they find more 5h1t they put up everywhere and make an example of them. Time to teach them, they not own the cities they are active in.

oldman.jpg

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
On 5/4/2024 at 1:55 AM, Homburg said:

Somebody missed their Brown Envelope?

That sort of comment never gets old or loses it's hilarious originality, does it?

You are suggesting that bribery is a complete myth in Thailand and this is something that doesn't exist because you can't find a link ?