Bad mood because of no food - is that a medical condition?

3 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

If my wife and I are out and about and she mentions being hungry, I promptly find the nearest eating establishment to ensure the condition doesn't escalate. 

Good

And is she happy with the nearest option?

Or do you hear then something like: I want to eat yam-poo (or something else which is not easy to find)?

Some food, any food, is often not good enough for my gf in such a situation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good

And is she happy with the nearest option?

Or do you hear then something like: I want to eat yam-poo (or something else which is not easy to find)?

Some food, any food, is often not good enough for my gf in such a situation. 

As long as it's edible. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Do you eat dinner early?  And seriously, what about her bowel movements?  If she goes right when she wakes up then she might be hungry right away.  Also, it can become habitual.  I need coffee within 15 minutes of waking up or it affects my mood. Just more of a habit annoying if not.

I would not see a Doctor could be a phase.  And in reality,  it is good I think she has an appetite and is not complaining about feeling sick.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please only serious answers.

I don't know if the source (rumak)  would be a credible one,  according to ........

Nearing menopause can be quite disruptive to females ( so i am told ) 

Also... many Thais seem to have a certain disorder caused by the pandering many

received growing up .   Which continues into adulthood when allowed  🙂

Quiz: Am I spoiled? Get Honest Results by Analyzing 20 Signs

• Like 1

Mrs. T has got like that, I reckon menopause, what helped Mrs.T was increasing her intake of Estrogen, in her case downing those small pots of yogurt bacteria has helped a lot, my pharmacist told me about them.  :clap2:

• Like 1

She wouldn't do well in the countryside where people rise at between 0500 and 0600 depending on the time of year but don't eat anything before about 1000.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If she eats something maybe within the first 30 min after waking up, then it's ok.

If she doesn't eat something maybe within an hour, she will be most likely in a bad mood, and whatever I say won't improve her mood.

When she finally eats something, then she is a nice person again.

Keep a packet of biscuits on your bedside table!

Is she pregnant?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Mood changes linked to drops  in  blood sugar are a common feature of the perimenopause snd menopause. 

Also frequent feature of PMDD (pre-menstrual dysphoria, previously cslled PMS.) In that case it occurs (or markedly worsens) in the last 2 weeks of the menstrual cycle and is relieved by the arrival of nenstruation.

PMDD and perimenopause often go together i.e. many women first develop PMDD in the perimenopause, or it severly worsens then.

Perimenopause is the 10-15 year period before actual memopause. During this time hormone levels begin to  fluctuate.  In Thai wonen perimenopause can start as early as 35. 

The Thai rice-based diet  makes people very prone to hypoglycemua between meals/in the morning becsuse white rice has very high glycemic index.

If you can persuade her to eat something high in protein and containing some fat but no processed carbs just before sleep it will help. Nuts are good for this. 

Thanks Sheryl

Do you have some samples for "something high in protein and containing some fat but no processed carbs"?

I read those words before, but I don't know what kind of food contains what - and I don't really want to learn the details.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:
1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Menopause?

I didn't think about that one. But yes, that is a possibility. 

Is it ???

EDIT: Interesting points from Sheryl above... 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 12.58.52.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks Sheryl

Do you have some samples for "something high in protein and containing some fat but no processed carbs"?

I read those words before, but I don't know what kind of food contains what - and I don't really want to learn the details.

Nuts are perfect: peanuts  almonds  cashews etc.

Whole milk unsweetened yogurt. NO sweetened yogurt.

Cheese.

Meat of any kind but NO rice/bread/noodles with it. (Referring to bedtime snack. Rice at dinner OK). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Mood changes linked to drops  in  blood sugar are a common

I was thinking similar but I would be checking to see if she is pre-diabetic. Get some blood tests to check.

HB1AC is a good marker but even better is fasting insulin which will tell you earlier if you are heading in the wrong direction.
Id argue everyone should be getting these checked as a marker for health annually from age 30 onwards and earlier if your overweight. 
Diabetes/blood sugar fluctuations are reversible (diet not pills) and its the root cause of so many issues.

I know for me if I sleep soon after eating I always wake up hungry.

If I go to bed a little hungry Im never hungry when I wake up.

11 hours ago, stoner said:

she's looking for a full meal not a snack.

Well there are usually 2 veg with the sausage. Toad in the hole springs to mind.

The OP should get a few Thai ready meals in that she can pop in the microwave. Pad Grapow or Khao pat boo on toast should do the trick.