British Army Veteran Dies Unexpectedly during Thailand Holiday

webfact

I can only imagine the pain his loved ones must be feeling right now. It's touching to see the community rallying together with the GoFundMe page and the donations to KIND. It just goes to show how much of an impact he had on those around him. Stories like this remind me of the importance of communities supporting each other. I'm curious, has anyone here had any experience with military sexual trauma (MST) lawyers?

On 5/9/2024 at 11:17 AM, G_Money said:

Some people always manage to have funds for a “holiday” yet never have savings for life emergencies and urgent needs.

If they did, one would not need a “go fund me” (because I can’t be bothered to fund myself) account.

Just a general statement.  

Can't comment on this particular man, but a huge majority of people worldwide work all year, saving what they can, just to take a week or two holiday somewhere. This is especially true if you have children. Another thing many don't get, is that many people have little to no savings also, for the same reasons. There are many hundreds of thousands of people working jobs that just get them by. A single person who lives in an apartment has a much better chance to travel, as they have no other expenses besides the basics. If people, especially here, knew just how many are close to losing their homes, cars and such, because it's getting harder each year to make ends meet, they wouldn't think, all farangs are rich. Millions don't have insurance coverage for these same reasons. Some us gofundme for greed, but many need it to just bury a relative so you never know until you know.,

14 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

There were no wars 51 years ago.

Vietnam?

Possibly in Northern Ireland. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1