My little contribution to forum guidelines

5 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

There are some members whose posts are frequently removed by moderators, they seem unable or unwilling to write posts that comply with forum rules. On the other hand, there are some members who never have a single post removed from one year to the next. Those things are not a function of moderation, they are a function of the poster.

Did you suspend the owner of the smiley face? You know rules are rules.

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did you suspend the owner of the smiley face? You know rules are rules.

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, again, I'm not aware of anyone being suspended for posting a smiley face. I know a couple of people have been PM'd or cautioned for posting sad emoji's on moderation messages, is that what you're referring to?

5 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, again, I'm not aware of anyone being suspended for posting a smiley face. I know a couple of people have been PM'd or cautioned for posting sad emoji's on moderation messages, is that what you're referring to?

Yes, you are a moderator and a smiley face was placed under your moderator comment. That is grounds for suspension.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

How do posters hide their posts and why post if your going to hide it?

I do not understand that post!

The moderator hides the post

they can also edit the post or totaly delete the post.

The person doing the posting can also ask a moderator to edit,delete or hide a post.

9 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I got a warning for putting a smiley face on a moderators post.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I got a warning for putting a smiley face on a moderators post.

I got a suspension for my smiley face. I ask a question and told to stop trolling.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I got a suspension for my smiley face. I ask a question and told to stop trolling.

You probably deserved it too.

Indeed you did, I just looked it up and it wasn't a smiley, it was a sad emoticon on a formal notice.....tsk tsk, against the rules my lad.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

So, rules only apply to some is what I get from this. I'm OK with this. Same as the real world, just have to be honest about it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, rules only apply to some is what I get from this. I'm OK with this. Same as the real world, just have to be honest about it.

Nope! The same rules apply to everyone equally.

9 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Indeed you did, I just looked it up and it wasn't a smiley, it was a sad emoticon on a formal notice.....tsk tsk, against the rules my lad.

No, it was a smiley. I really really don't like the sad ones. To me they're saying "I feel constipated"

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No, it was a smiley. I really really don't like the sad ones. To me they're saying "I feel constipated"

Actually it was a laughing emoticon which is probably even worse.

On 5/11/2024 at 9:08 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

As I posted above, my "ignore" list is growing, and I really don't like putting members in there.

Don't worry about it, no one cares who you ignore and it has no effect, whatsoever, on anyone but you.    I suppose, though, that it does give you something to pompously crow about when you make the "new addition to my Ignore List" announcements.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ignore it said:

Everybody  please feel to add me to your personal ignore list.

I'm getting a buzz now just thinking about it.

They get an even bigger, but sad, buzz when they add a name, as can be seen by their heroic announcements when they do it!

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why should we just accept their obvious troll post without comment? Or should we go to their sub-forum and post everyday about how much we hate their life choice?

That would make more sense than assuming that you're in a position to tell them to stop viewing "your" sub-forum - it is not your forum. 

On 5/11/2024 at 8:09 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Not sure what's going on, but I've started adding people to my ignore list like never before. Is this an influx of rude folks from Thaiger now that it's merged with AN?

No, some like bashing, beating, hurting. It's called trolling. And hardly anybody likes discussions but gives you the "sad" or "confused" emoji. If you would know, - and that is what I would do if I would be a moderator-, WHO sent you that emoji, you could ask WHY. But most here are not capable to answer questions. And that is indeed "sad".

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

just have 4 emojicons ....   a thumbs down,  a middle finger

Only 2 required 

A middle finger 🖕

and 

A hug 🫂

Only joking, just remove the confused and I'm OK 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Why are there emojis offered that will get you suspended like the middle finger. I gave that to a poster years back the way you'd do it to a friend for the hell of it, no aggression intended. And, got suspended. 

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, Enoon said:

A simple "not like" emoji (thumbs down) would forestall a lot of invective.

They used to have that (or + and -), but it got abused by the stalkers among us and caused regular flareups. 

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Nothing ever gets as pathetic or idiotic as that twit posts!

GG? He used to do my head in too, but on occasion has something interesting/amusing to say. Harmless and likely a bit lonely. 

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why are there emojis offered that will get you suspended like the middle finger. I gave that to a poster years back the way you'd do it to a friend for the hell of it, no aggression intended. And, got suspended. 

With your track record I'd stay away from emoji if I were you 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:54 AM, cdemundo said:

Agreed.

My ignore list is 2 pages long.

My ignore list is 6 pages long, but that is going back to 2003. The majority of the ignored posters have come up in the last year or so, since the site was bought out by AN. Now it is owned by the Thaiger is has got a lot worse.

18 hours ago, theblether said:

I have a genuine suggestion. Limit all members to a maximum of fifty comments per day. 

There's far too many personal vendettas and they always derail topics. There used to be a list of the highest contributors to the forum on a daily basis and it was the best way to identify the trolls and mentally ill. 

Except, of course, when I topped the list as clearly I'm a genius.  

The personal vendetta thing is easy to handle... 

- Its easy to spot those who reply negatively to every post you make regardless of your input in different threads.  I don't put 'most' people only ignore, as there are many posters with whom I'll disagree in one thread, yet agree with on another subjected in a different thread...  these folk can handle discussion without being idiots. 

- There there are those who only troll you - I block these guys (only have 3 on block so far for this reason).

- Other's may take a disliking and troll us / me / you thought one thread and it of ten turns into a tit for tat banter battle, which I find amusing but it does take the thread off topic, but there's no need to delete these guys, they soon get bored of their stupidy and move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 8:09 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

Not sure what's going on, but I've started adding people to my ignore list like never before. Is this an influx of rude folks from Thaiger now that it's merged with AN?

A badge of honor!