Do you have any experience with noisy neighbors in Thailand?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

That's pretty awesome. But does it make a sound we humans can hear? I need to be very diplomatic with the neighbor and his dogs and don't want him to find out that I am torturing his dogs for torturing me with barking 24/7.

So maybe you should not torture his dogs.

Your neighbor is the problem, the dogs just do what dogs do.

And just in case your little device doesn't work one day, maybe the dogs will do more of what they do...

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

That's pretty awesome. But does it make a sound we humans can hear? I need to be very diplomatic with the neighbor and his dogs and don't want him to find out that I am torturing his dogs for torturing me with barking 24/7.

Read the product details. That should answer all your questions.

• Like 1

Here's one. In the deep Isaan village we had a guy down the dirt soi play the sound of a bouncing ping pong ball on his speaker in the morning. A slow bouncing sound, asked my ole lady about it and she said others tried making him stop but "up to him"

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Read the product details. That should answer all your questions.

Oh, I thought you had it and can give some review about if it's actually true what is written on the product details. Nevermind, I forget it's a spiteful boomer forum.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Oh, I thought you had it and can give some review about if it's actually true what is written on the product details. Nevermind, I forget it's a spiteful boomer forum.

Don't I know you.......?    🤔

On 5/11/2024 at 4:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Thailand and noisy neighbors.

On the back roads of Sukhumvit, around Phoenix golf course, the soi's have big speakers attached to the street light posts, every morning they have a very loud broadcast to the public. 

I've also seen the annoying early morning public broadcasts in different regions around Thailand. 

Bloody annoying.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Everything that you need to know about the product is on Lazada's web site. A lot more than I have the time to repeat. Go to the product page and scroll down. It's all there for you to read. I have one and it works exactly as described.

Ultra-sonic anti bark device.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 7:40 AM, AreYouGerman said:

No, you can't really hear it, but there seems to be a low hum.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Was living in a quiet area in Lampang except for the occasional midnight drunken pistol popping into the rice field by the wife’s cousin or the early am buffalo butchering by aunt and uncle, nothing a set of earplugs could couldn’t fix. We moved to cm in a quiet area, occasional two-wheeled fart can wizzing by, same thing, earplugs in when it’s time to crash, not at all bothered by other people, it’s a mind over matter thing, so get over it. If you can’t handle it then move somewhere else. Hasty life decisions are for the most part erroneous.

Edited by novacova

Just now, novacova said:

Was living in a quiet area in Lampang except for the occasional midnight drunken pistol popping into the rice field by the wife’s cousin or the early am buffalo butchering of aunt and uncle, nothing a set of earplugs could couldn’t fix. We moved to cm in a quiet area, occasional two-wheeled fart can wizzing by, same thing, earplugs in when it’s time to crash, not at all bothered by other people, it’s a mind over matter thing, so get over it. If you can’t handle it then move somewhere else. Hasty life decisions are for the most part erroneous.

It's not only about sleeping.

If I read a book I don't want to hear loud noise from the neighbors. 

And if I enjoy not so loud music, I don't want to wear headphones or turn up the volume because of my neighbors. 

Luckily, I don't have loud Neighbours - at least in the moment. 

• Like 1

The problem is you never know who is going to move in close to you.  It can be great for years and then change all of the sudden.

We were looking at property to buy in one area but decided not to buy there.  About a year later someone opened a Karaoke bar in one of the lots.  So glad we didn't buy there.

Where we ending up buying is about 3-4 kilometers from there and I can hear the music at our property.

And forget buying close to a Wat.  Even if you aren't that close they like to set up speakers a few kilometers away to make sure everyone can hear them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 4:34 PM, Martin71 said:

Gave my landlord 30 days notice today.. neighbour single woman living alone is the noisiest @#$%  I have ever come across, made me and the wife's life a misery  .. I don't hit women... but this one I have had some very dark thoughts about..

Single woman mmmm, I think I know the solution just ask the wife for permission first

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Luckily, I don't have loud Neighbours - at least in the moment.

Same here, for now anyway. Though the wife and I are prepared to move if needed, we both like a quiet non busy settings. 

my scottish neighbor, the only <deleted> in the moo baan, has a kiddie pool... no problem, he used a pump to clean it, then after a few years, decided to up his installation and a big pump like a compressor for a big airco, blasting noise, vibrating on the iron fence, pointing to my house and cannot rest as those vibrations come all over the house, pretends he hears nothing, yeah, blasting in my house, pointing away from his, ask me to take a lawyer if I want... but I know , not 80db, it is the low noise but deep vibrations you cannot escape... almost wanted to go knock him out if he was outside, but result would be jail / deportation...

You would think from reading TV/AN that noisy neighbors are a huge problem for a large number of posters.  Yet, from your survey, the vast majority report no problems at all and most of the remaining had some problems but they were resolved.  Only a small handful felt they needed to move.  Although your survey isn't scientific, I suspect it pretty fairly reflects reality--and certainly does in my experience here.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, novacova said:

Same here, for now anyway. Though the wife and I are prepared to move if needed, we both like a quiet non busy settings. 

I own my condo and I don't plan to move.

If someone would be too noisy then I would talk to him. And/or I would ask the building management and security to handle this.

And worst case, I have some BIG speakers and lots of power tools. 😉 

rotary-hammer-with-sds-plus-gbh-4-32-dfr

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

You would think from reading TV/AN that noisy neighbors are a huge problem for a large number of posters.  Yet, from your survey, the vast majority report no problems at all and most of the remaining had some problems but they were resolved.  Only a small handful felt they needed to move.  Although your survey isn't scientific, I suspect it pretty fairly reflects reality--and certainly does in my experience here.

That's why I did this poll.

To be fair, if you are one of the few people with problems, then it doesn't help much to know that only few people have such problems.

But in general, I think we can say: yes, those problems happen, but they are not the norm. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 4:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

In another tread members talk about buying property in Thailand and noisy neighbors.

Did you ever have noisy neighbors in Thailand?

Could you solve this by yourself with the neighbor?

Did you let the security people or management handle this?

Was it so bad that you moved out?

Personally, I had a long time ago a noisy neighbor. I let it slide a few times and then I just called the security of the building, every time he started noise again in the middle of the night.

I don't remember how long it took, but maybe max one month later the problem was solved.

How about you?

My preferred solution is to wait for them to retire and then play Pat Metheny’s, Zero tolerance for Silence.part 1.at high volume. Its so raucous it would wake the dead

3 hours ago, newnative said:

It's >13% who have moved or not found a resolution to a big problem.  That's around 1 in 8, so at least one on every floor of most condos, maybe even 2 or 3 depending on the size of the place.

If there really was that many on each and every floor that would be a huge problem IMO.

I lived in an attached townhomes (moban) that belonged to my gf. We had 3 main noisy neighbors, next to us and 2 opposite. They had party a least 3 nights per week. Our small garden at the end of soy was toilet of next door guests. I complained 2 or 3 times, but I only received worse. I was totally disappointed and could not see any solution till Covid began.
The next door Mr brave man lost his job after years. Sitting home most of time. His aggressive wife worked only and at this time they were not so brave anymore. 
opposite neighbors, both lost jobs. One drove a MB to work, but now had to get a cheap job and got a cheap small motorcycle. The other opposite neighbor (coyote laud sounds at 3:00 morning) started a food business by his gf (abusing her in fact to save the house from bank). It did not take too long and he sold the house for cheap to avoid foreclosure. 
I moved out before I could see all what happened to them. I'm sure they never change and do the same when they rise again. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I lived in an attached townhomes (moban) that belonged to my gf. We had 3 main noisy neighbors, next to us and 2 opposite. They had party a least 3 nights per week. Our small garden at the end of soy was toilet of next door guests. I complained 2 or 3 times, but I only received worse. I was totally disappointed and could not see any solution till Covid began.
The next door Mr brave man lost his job after years. Sitting home most of time. His aggressive wife worked only and at this time they were not so brave anymore. 
opposite neighbors, both lost jobs. One drove a MB to work, but now had to get a cheap job and got a cheap small motorcycle. The other opposite neighbor (coyote laud sounds at 3:00 morning) started a food business by his gf (abusing her in fact to save the house from bank). It did not take too long and he sold the house for cheap to avoid foreclosure. 
I moved out before I could see all what happened to them. I'm sure they never change and do the same when they rise again. 

It tells us a lot about you how you enjoyed that your neighbors lost all their money.