Bad News For Weed Shops: Potent Cannabis Poses Mental Health Risks

webfact

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Says who? I'll guantee there is more evidence that says alcohol abuse does more damage. Keep in perspective we are talking about drug abuse not simply drug use. As for drug abuse legal or illegal it will continue to happen. 

Don’t think the issue at hand is whether drugs do more damage than alcohol.

The issue is whether drugs do damage. Lots of opinions on both sides of that one.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Anyone who has any doubts about the negative impact that cannabis might have on mental and physical health of users, especially the young, should read this article.

Cannabis legalization has led to a boom in potent forms of the drug that present new hazards for adolescents

That could be more complicated. Many of the young people have a breakdown if the right pronouns are not used or the wind blows in a direction they didn't expect it to. Care needs to be taken in all of these matters.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Everyone agrees the taking of cannabis can cause health problems but so do other “drugs” like tobacco and alcohol so why are they not being classified as a scheduled narcotics ?

Elite connections that go back decades.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The problem with cannabis is the same as alcohol. Some people can’t take it in moderation. 

in my village in Isaan the norm for locals is to drink until falling down drunk. There is no few drinks or one drink. I only have anecdotal evidence, ie the few people I know, but I see the same thing happening with cannabis.

Tobacco is slightly different. Yes it causes significant long term health risks  and is addictive, but it doesn’t alter the state of mind while being consumed. At least not to the same degree.

Difference is after a while of choofing down dope you don't fall down drunk. Might fall down from laughing too much but that's about it. Mixing the two is of course different. Then you fall down drunk and laughing.

• Like 2

Just now, n00dle said:

adolescents cannot legally purchase cannabis.

Can't legally purchace cigs or alcohol either but they do. It's a matter of societal attitudes and lack of law enforcement rather than the law itself.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Can't legally purchace cigs or alcohol either but they do. It's a matter of societal attitudes and lack of law enforcement rather than the law itself.

which is exactly my point responding to this assertion

4 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Anyone who has any doubts about the negative impact that cannabis might have on mental and physical health of users, especially the young, should read this article.

Cannabis legalization has led to a boom in potent forms of the drug that present new hazards for adolescents

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Without going into the referred article, the law in Thailand forbid the sale\use of cannabis by anyone under 20 - same as alcohol and cigarettes. Still, many underage kids drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, (and also other illegal drugs). Are you suggesting that re-leasting cannabis as a drug will stop those youngsters from using it? If so - you have to outlaw alcohol and smokes as well.

they don't have to do anything at all that doesn't further their narratives...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Thank you Thailand🙏

another 1 line stupid meaningless comment by this guy. except for trying to get your post count up do you actually ever write a thought? 2 sentences? 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Yes, exactly. He dabbled a bit on occasion "for medicinal reasons", but I came back at the end of 2022 to find him skiving off work and sitting in weed bars continuously. 6 months later the job was gone, 9 months later the house was gone. He couldn't even be arsed to rent the house out as an AirBnB. Totally lost the will to be a productive member of society. 

As for friend #2, he openly admits himself, smoking dope absolutely led him on to hard drugs.

Believe what you want. It makes no odds to me.

Being led onto harder drugs and abusing them is not from the dope alone iI would suggest. I don't know why he went this way and I reckon you don't either. As for the guy that just sits around puffing all day again what issues are at play here. The majority of casual or recreational users of all drugs are functioning people. Even alcoholics aka functioning alcoholic. The whole dope is a gateway drug is also a furphy as it always implied smoking dope will lead to an addiction to harder drugs. This would be a very, very small % overall..

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

16 minutes ago, n00dle said:

adolescents cannot legally purchase cannabis.

That seems to be a minor detail in this, as in most countries. The same is true for alcohol an tobacco is is not?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

At 83 that would be fine for me ! Seriously though, 'the verdict is in'. Really ? That was remarkably quick, driven by politics rather than scienceI no doubt. Further, post-covid, I have no time at all for so-called 'experts' 

At your age, no point.............Just......:intheclub:........Whilst you can...🤗

39 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

having spent 10  minutes renewing my big boy bike licence today Id  say driving in general is a licence to kill...the tests are hilarious/useless rolled into one.

Exactly, things are dangerous enough in "normal" conditions, but sure, let's encourage them to use psychotropic substances, what could possibly go wrong? :biggrin:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

And the sugar the next pandemic, how much diabetes 2 en 3 in 2030 en obesity, anyway cannabis is for medical use only, some politicians have used this propagande to receive the votes and now coming the boomerang age.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

How about the mental health issues from alcohol and the societal effects of it?  We should start by banning alcohol, which kills so many people on the roads each year in Thailand among other problems.  Blaming marijuana for mental health issues and ignoring alcohol is just ignorant.  

Of course there are societal problems with booze, but the bottom line is you can drink a beer and drive safely, whereas you can't have a space cake or a spliff and drive safely.

There should have been much more awareness raised on safe and reasonable consumption, the way the whole thing was deployed was a recipe for disaster.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Potheads better to stock up , this time next year you be paying double and having trouble trying to find it . In the mean time police will be very busy chasing hundreds if not thousands who have plants growing in their homes 

• Confused 1