Brother Beaten to Death Over Garden Dispute in Bangkok

webfact

Brother Beaten to Death Over Garden Dispute in Bangkok

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy: Daily News

A shocking case of sibling rivalry unfolded today after a garden dispute in Bangkok tragically escalated, leading to the older brother bludgeoning his younger sibling to death with a table leg.

Earlier this morning, the Samre Police Department was alerted to a violent incident within a residential property in Khlong San District, Bangkok.

Authorities, including Police Captain Jirannathin Klinniran, quickly arrived at the scene, accompanied by forensic experts and medical personnel from Siriraj Hospital.

The incident stemmed from an argument between 74-year-old Wisut Chaipreedа and his younger brother Lek, aged 73.

The altercation began over Lek’s habit of littering in their shared vegetable garden, which had resulted in damage to one of Wisut’s cherished plants.

Upon arrival, police found Wisut covered in blood and suffering from knife wounds on his left arm, which he initially concealed. Further investigation revealed a blood-stained kitchen knife and a wooden table leg, approximately one foot long, believed to be the murder weapon.

In a nearby well, officers discovered Lek’s lifeless body submerged in water about one metre deep. Despite their efforts to retrieve him, it was clear Lek had succumbed to his injuries from the brutal assault.

During questioning, Wisut confessed to repeatedly striking his brother’s face and head with the wooden table leg before dragging him to the well. He cited deep-seated resentment due to Lek’s continual encroachment on his garden, despite multiple disputes.

Wisut also detailed how, during one of their arguments, Lek had wounded him with a knife. He is now facing charges of intentional homicide and remains in police custody pending further investigation.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-17

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

As they found both a knife and a table leg, one must assume he have been littering his own garden. Now he can beat himself to death as well.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

During questioning, Wisut confessed to repeatedly striking his brother’s face and head with the wooden table leg before dragging him to the well. He cited deep-seated resentment due to Lek’s continual encroachment on his garden, despite multiple disputes

Well he can kiss his garden goodbye now... was it worth it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

and a wooden table leg, approximately one foot long, believed to be the murder weapon.

Obviously the family didn't dine at the high table.

you'd think he'd have grown up by 74yrs ......    I'm surprised there wasn't any drinking session mentioned. 

do they have gardens in Thai prisons  ...  ?

• Haha 1

When we were growing up I just never really liked you too much, and we just never became particularly close. I've always been sort of envious of you because you seemed halfway smart and you seemed halfway mature, so I just had to take out my frustration when you threw that little piece of plastic in my garden. 

I had to end your life, hey what can you expect from a brother? Kindness? Loyalty? Tolerance? No way. Not happening. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite their efforts to retrieve him, it was clear Lek had succumbed to his injuries from the brutal assault.

They weren't able to actually retrieve him?  Or should that be revive?

Posted (edited)

This reminds me of a story I once read, about Cain and Abel.

image.png.828aa05d36c4fc0c301b27ab3310a275.png

Apparently, this has been happening for many centuries.

I love my brothers.

Unfortunately, some brothers just do not get along.

One of my favorite books is a compilation of Letters written between two brothers....

Vincent van Gogh, and his brother Theo.

I would prefer to see more positive news, such as this, on TV...because....

Once you begin to spiral down, just pandering to the baser instincts of us all...then...you...

Finally reach bottom.

So, as I say, when reading this news item, you really ought to think about the uplifting letters shared between Vincent van Gogh and his brother, Theo....

image.png.129eaba2fb3d4dff5b88099bb806f9af.png

Such a terrible thing....

A brother killing a brother....

I just wonder why TV would post such a thing, unless....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just more proof that in the Land of Smiles you can be murdered over anything at all, no matter how trivial. There are a lot of savages in this country, with absolutely no self control.

Just like most other countries.