Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

17 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Again with the mis-characterisations. Nobody on here has been predicting a swift Ukrainian victory and nobody (that I can recall) has talked about the F-16's as being a game changer.*

If you could point to where anyone has said either of those things, I'd be grateful.

*Indeed, I have said I think that Gripens would be a better option than F-16's.

I must remember to put a sarcasm alert on obviously sarcastic posts in future, for your benefit.

:saai:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If anyone believes that western media only reports the "truth" and never propaganda I have a few bridges for sale , hardly used.

Not related to my post, nowhere have I claimed western media only reports the truth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

See for example how he drones on about Ritter and compare it to the actual “crime” committed. 

Scott Ritter, the UN Weapons inspector who famously resigned because Iraq posed a much greater WMD threat that the US and UN weren't taking seriously?  Who then testified to congress that the UN and US were failing to disarm Iraq, and was accused by then peaceful BIden of wanting to pull the trigger on Iraq? 

Ritter's UNSCOM boss said Ritter's WMD opinions were complete BS start to finish. "When he was the 'Alpha Dog' inspector, then by God, there were more weapons there, and we had to go find them a contention for which he had inadequate evidence. When he became a peacenik, then there were no weapons of mass destruction." [REF]

Later, after rehabilitation for multiple child molestation attempts, he lost his only job due to frequent ongoing public exposure and masturbation offenses against women, in chat rooms, cars, and alley ways. He said he was depressed.

This is your 'reliable' star witness?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Scott Ritter, the UN Weapons inspector who famously resigned because Iraq posed a much greater WMD threat that the US and UN weren't taking seriously?  Who then testified to congress that the UN and US were failing to disarm Iraq, and was accused by then peaceful BIden of wanting to pull the trigger on Iraq? 

Ritter's UNSCOM boss said Ritter's WMD opinions were complete BS start to finish. "When he was the 'Alpha Dog' inspector, then by God, there were more weapons there, and we had to go find them a contention for which he had inadequate evidence. When he became a peacenik, then there were no weapons of mass destruction." [REF]

Later, after rehabilitation for multiple child molestation attempts, he lost his only job due to frequent ongoing public exposure and masturbation offenses against women, in chat rooms, cars, and alley ways. He said he was depressed.

This is your 'reliable' star witness?  

If Ritter's boss at UNSCOM thought Ritter's WMD was complete BS, why didn't he declare it to the UN and the world and stop thousands of needless deaths based on a LIE?  

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Right - but it's not from them. Anyone on here who puts a different view is called a "shill", a "Putin puppet" or worse "a Putin paid asset".  Our opinions are not from those three countries and introducing them is pure deflection.

Never seen anyone called a "a Putin paid asset". Is that you making things up again? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Let us hope peace is coming - Zelensky "does not want to prolong war"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0gwbLxxe74

There is a topic on that and has a far better balanced discussion, no he is not admitting defeat as insinuated on your edited and cut vid.

Global Peace Summit Affirms Ukraine's Territorial Integrity Amid Absence of Russia & China

https://aseannow.com/topic/1329914-global-peace-summit-affirms-ukraines-territorial-integrity-amid-absence-of-russia-china/#comment-18995671

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There is a topic on that and has a far better balanced discussion, no he is not admitting defeat as insinuated on your edited and cut vid.

Global Peace Summit Affirms Ukraine's Territorial Integrity Amid Absence of Russia & China

https://aseannow.com/topic/1329914-global-peace-summit-affirms-ukraines-territorial-integrity-amid-absence-of-russia-china/#comment-18995671

"Balanced" is in the eye of the beholder, as we find out here daily. Hopefully, Zelensky will hold elections and find out what his people think.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

"Balanced" is in the eye of the beholder, as we find out here daily. Hopefully, Zelensky will hold elections and find out what his people think.

There is a topic on it. Feel free to add some of your balance. Still waiting for proof to your previous claim

a Putin paid asset

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There is a topic on it. Feel free to add some of your balance. Still waiting for proof to your previous claim

a Putin paid asset

I appreciate your concern. As for the "Putin paid asset", it was said on one of these threads, but I'm not spending hours looking for it, and the quote might not be exact. It was weeks ago. I'm trying to remember which poster it was - if I remember, I'll post it, as you are so doubtful. Funny you pick one of the comments but no comment on the others.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

I appreciate your concern. As for the "Putin paid asset", it was said on one of these threads, but I'm not spending hours looking for it, and the quote might not be exact. It was weeks ago. I'm trying to remember which poster it was - if I remember, I'll post it, as you are so doubtful. Funny you pick one of the comments but no comment on the others.

Yea of course it was.....

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I see Australia has supplied a No.1 piece of equipment to destroy Russian drones, so you tell me why another nation is helping Ukraine out..?  🤔

• Haha 1

Keeping Russian terror at bay

Happy Anti-Aircraft Missile Troops Day!
Thank you for your professionalism and for protecting peaceful cities from russian terror. 
Thousands of enemy missiles and drones destroyed — millions of innocent lives saved. 

The video shows the combat work of the MIM-104 Patriot in service with 🇺🇦 Anti-Aircraft Missile Troops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Right - but it's not from them. Anyone on here who puts a different view is called a "shill", a "Putin puppet" or worse "a Putin paid asset".  Our opinions are not from those three countries and introducing them is pure deflection.

Not related to my post, which was a reaction to someone complaining that Russian, Chinese and Iranian media are not considered reliable sources.

• Confused 2

On 7/3/2024 at 12:55 PM, stevenl said:

Not related to my post, nowhere have I claimed western media only reports the truth. 

Of course it's related to your post that said "Not a false equivalency at all. Only a fool complains about people not trusting 'information' from Iranian, Chinese or Russian press." and back at you with only a fool complains about people not trusting 'information' from western press/ media.   

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1