Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

59 minutes ago, rabas said:

That could be that is Russian propaganda...  Wait!   It is!   [reference

I knew because you never have references. 

This is unbelievable. I merely made an opinion, an independent thought, not something I read anywhere, thus no need for any references and you guys immediately cry propaganda. You have completely lost the ability to have an opinion or an independent thought, relying instead of everything that you are reading in your media of choice (even that’s debatable as it seems to me that you are just like a bot without the ability to think for yourself).

Sad really.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you that US defector who posts propaganda for Russia?

You think I’m an American? That’s the ultimate insult. I would rather climb back into the womb :cheesy:

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Putin expected his "SMO" to take 10 days, now let's not play games we are not going to argue over 7 days are we, war is not always easy to predict. 

According to research by the think tank RUSI, when Vladimir Putin began his invasion, he expected to take control of Ukraine within 10 days. So what went wrong? Why did his plan fail? And how close did he come to succeeding?

https://www.iwm.org.uk/history/how-Putin-lost-in-10-days

The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is the world’s oldest and the UK’s leading defence and security think tank. Our mission is to inform, influence and enhance public debate to help build a safer and more stable world.

I didn’t realise that RUSI is the ultimate and incontrovertible word on all things. It’s sad that you don’t even realise that you are being misled.

You would have more credibility if you can post a video of Putin or one of his top officials making such a claim.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Zelinksky didn't "go into the war", Russia launched an unprovoked attack.

I think you must have said this about 1,739 times. It already sounded like a broken record after 10 times. Are you trying to up your post count like that ex-mech fella?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

According to research by the think tank RUSI

The initial question was did Putin claimed it. No, he didn’t claimed any time period. Now you replaced some research of some organisation as the claim of Putin.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, VBer said:

The initial question was did Putin claimed it. No, he didn’t claimed any time period. Now you replaced some research of some organisation as the claim of Putin.

Are you high? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Makes two of us. On this forum, doesn’t bother me the slightest.

No it won’t bother you as you are quite happy to fabricate nonsense to inflame other members, your posts are imaginary storytelling and as far away from reality as possibly can be! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, VBer said:

I started this.

I don't have any proof that Putin claimed the invasion would take 3 days.

I'm not going to post any weasel words - Putin didn't say it. Case closed.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, VBer said:

Then cornered on  topic, attack your opponent personally, right

You are suggesting that because Putin says it, it is the truth, even you must see the idiocy of that comment. Putin stated one day before he illegally invaded Ukraine that was not his intention. Whilst you may find Putin a good and upstanding gentleman that has never told a lie in his life, most of us know the truth! 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Tough times ahead.

I haven’t watched the video. As it’s still up, I assume it’s from an approved and credible source and judging from the fact that there are only likes and no confused emojis, it’s showing Ukraine winning and killing 1,000 Russian terrorists (not my words, just repeating what one poster said) every day.

My question is why bother with the peace summit in CH when you are winning the war? I can understand Russia not wanting to negotiate if they are winning but most posters are telling me that I’m deluded, a Commie, Red etc, whatever that means. I’m either white if Caucasian, yellow if Chinese, black if Indian and brown if Asian. I always thought red referred to the Red Indians that suffered genocide under the invaders. History lesson appreciated here @Danderman123

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I haven’t watched the video. As it’s still up, I assume it’s from an approved and credible source and judging from the fact that there are only likes and no confused emojis, it’s showing Ukraine winning and killing 1,000 Russian terrorists (not my words, just repeating what one poster said) every day.

My question is why bother with the peace summit in CH when you are winning the war? I can understand Russia not wanting to negotiate if they are winning but most posters are telling me that I’m deluded, a Commie, Red etc, whatever that means. I’m either white if Caucasian, yellow if Chinese, black if Indian and brown if Asian. I always thought red referred to the Red Indians that suffered genocide under the invaders. History lesson appreciated here @Danderman123

There's propaganda value in engaging in a peace summit, although it's only for show.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You are suggesting that because Putin says it, it is the truth, even you must see the idiocy of that comment. Putin stated one day before he illegally invaded Ukraine that was not his intention. Whilst you may find Putin a good and upstanding gentleman that has never told a lie in his life, most of us know the truth! 

Most of us know the truth…

I find this a most interesting statement. Truth… What is the truth? Is it what you believe or want to believe? If someone else believes the opposite, is that not the truth to them? Who is to say what is really the truth? A court of law? Judges? The ICC issued a warrant of arrest for Putin. This was widely applauded by the west, as justice was seen to be done. The same court might now issue warrants for US supported leaders in Israel. This is completely unacceptable to some US politicians, leading to calls of sanctions and who knows what else. Justice? Or hypocrisy?

I’ve always held western education in high regard and believed that westerners are fair and just people. I now realise that I was merely a victim of western propaganda and that westerners are as fallible and gullible as everyone else. Worse, a lot of them are unable to be introspective and robbed of the ability to see another point of view. It’s time to replace the rules based order with international law and order.

11 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Most of us know the truth…

I find this a most interesting statement. Truth… What is the truth? Is it what you believe or want to believe? If someone else believes the opposite, is that not the truth to them? Who is to say what is really the truth? A court of law? Judges? The ICC issued a warrant of arrest for Putin. This was widely applauded by the west, as justice was seen to be done. The same court might now issue warrants for US supported leaders in Israel. This is completely unacceptable to some US politicians, leading to calls of sanctions and who knows what else. Justice? Or hypocrisy?

I’ve always held western education in high regard and believed that westerners are fair and just people. I now realise that I was merely a victim of western propaganda and that westerners are as fallible and gullible as everyone else. Worse, a lot of them are unable to be introspective and robbed of the ability to see another point of view. It’s time to replace the rules based order with international law and order.

I'm sure even Russian rules bar invading other countries.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm sure even Russian rules bar invading other countries.

I believe most countries in the world won’t invade another country without very good justification (there’s one exception of course). 

As to why Russia “invaded” Ukraine (please note the apostrophes), there was an anti-Russian poster (can’t remember who) who stated that attack is the best form of defence. Think about it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike_Hunt said:

The article date:

SEPTEMBER 2, 2014

I thought we were talking about ‘SMO’. 
I even think that in 2014 that was possible, Ukrainian army been much more weak in that time, they have not been ready to any military aggression and have not been receiving any help from West.

The fact that you providing 10-years old quotes only proves my point that Putin didn’t claimed any dates then he have started this war.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, VBer said:

The article date:

SEPTEMBER 2, 2014

I thought we were talking about ‘SMO’. 
I even think that in 2014 that was possible, Ukrainian army been much more weak in that time, they have not been ready to any military aggression and have not been receiving any help from West.

The fact that you providing 10-years old quotes only proves my point that Putin didn’t claimed any dates then he have started this war.

Nobody mentioned the SMO only you. We were talking about Putin never giving a time period to take Kyiv, and it has been proven he did say that, it doesn't matter when he said it, just admit he did say it and stop trying to wriggle out of the hole you have dug for yourself. 

Incidentally do you actually believe what Putin says and why do you become protective of the murderous despot when someone challenges him. 

11 hours ago, VBer said:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

just admit he did say it

Yeah, I admit that in 2014 he claimed 2 weeks. 

Not any 3days claims then he started the war in 2022. Neither Putin, neither other officials.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1