Floods in Pattaya Cause Part of Third Road to Collapse

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It's believed that water pressure and erosion caused a 10 centimeter sink in the 5-meter section of the road.

Looks more than a Meter deep to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the city’s new drainage system helped the water to recede quickly, bringing it back to normal levels.

One day they'll have a drainage system that actually prevents floods...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

From the photo, is that a pedestrian crossing?

Perhaps a large group of fat beer bellied ex-pats tried to cross the road at the same time!

pot calling the kettle black again huh... 

It looks like more than 10cm deep even with the little dirt taken out by the backhoe. 

They spend years digging this dirt up and making traffic miserable even for motorcycles. I wonder if that contributed to the hole sinking? Or perhaps washed away?

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It's believed that water pressure and erosion caused a 10 centimeter sink in the 5-meter section of the road.

The concrete is about 10 centimeters thick, as most people would know, then there is a deep hole below that, which just by Looking at the photo Most people would be able to tell it is at least a meter deep. 

So they park a JCB only metres away from the subsidence without knowing what's underneath it. Or are there three safety flip-flop wearing Somchai's underneath it doing an inspection by the light of their Huwawei phones as the pic was taken?:coffee1:

• Haha 2

This must mean that all the new drains they've laid over the last three or four years are too small and they will all have to be dug up again and replaced with a larger size. The mayor and council must be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of all those juicy new contracts! lol

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Expect a comparable size amount of sand to mysteriously go missing from Pattaya  beach later today

The sand is conveniently packaged in sacks and is uncovered, ready to go there!

On 5/22/2024 at 10:11 AM, PoorSucker said:

Damn it.

They dug up that part of Sai3 for two years.

yes and in a slightly more challenging editorial than I can find posted on AN it mentions-

The road collapse and sinkhole on Third Road is a wake-up call for Pattaya City to prioritize infrastructure quality and safety over short-term gains. It’s time for city officials to demand accountability from contractors, implement stricter regulations, and invest in robust oversight mechanisms to prevent such disasters from recurring. 

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/busted-underground-water-pipe-caused-sinkhole-on-pattaya-third-road-461393

Unfortunately I won't be holding my breath........