Which Side Will Thailand Choose?

57 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

After conflicts, esp the Iraq attrocity, where the US invaded an innocent country just for oil  money, the US often plays a role in post-war reconstruction and development efforts. This involves awarding contracts for infrastructure projects, humanitarian aid, and rebuilding initiatives in war-torn regions. American companies benefit massively from these contracts. 

The more I think about it, my vote is with China, less corrupt.

🤡

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "not antisemitic" Jew sniffer strikes again.

You know that's not true. The guy simply refused to answer when I asked him if he had any relation to Israel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Rather rich coming from a American, whose government are complicit to Genocide in Gaza. 

Rather cowardly hiding your ethnicity when discussing Israeli topics. 

GENOCIDE!  >>DRINK!!!<<

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You know that's not true. The guy simply refused to answer when I asked him if he had any relation to Israel. 

YOU'RE LYING AGAIN.  It is true.

I have an idea -- lead the way.  Tell us your ethnicity, your education, where you grew up, your favorite activities, your wife's/husband's hobbies, all about your kids, etc.

If you make a good faith effort at transparency -- REAL transparency -- I will tell you if I'm Jewish.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
Neeranam hates Jooos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "not antisemitic" Jew sniffer strikes again.

Yep!  It's driving him CRAZY that I won't tell if I'm a crafty JOOOO or not.  I made him an offer though, let's see if he takes it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

If the sh7t hits the fan especially between the US and its western monkeys against China... Where will Thailand come down??

If Thailand has a clue, neither.

If it really came down to it- China. Many of the elites have Chinese blood from ancestors that moved to Siam.

Thailand owes nothing to the west, and China is next door.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Yes, Thailand's stance is revolting and cowardly.  With Iran having funded and trained Hamas, and likely co-planned October 7 which directly led to the heinous and unnecessary murders of Thai citizens by Palestinian animals, Thailand is kissing the ass of a nation that hacks off the heads of Thai citizens.

:coffee1:

Thailand has 100% more affinity with China than any western country. They have zero reason to get involved in western squabbles.

From your username I assume you are American- news flash, IMO most of the countries on the planet are not aligned with the US and have no interest in getting involved with it's warmongering. They saw what happened to Vietnam and do not want any US "help" for themselves.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

you need to do some reading about Iraq...that actually began in the early '90's as Sadam invaded Kuwait...then he did created other anti-western activities, leading the US and other EU countries to smack him.  An ugly situation for sure as the west drew the borders of today too long ago and never really thought about the resulting problems.  This has been going on for centuries as too western countries took over and stole from countries around the world.  The US only ruled countries that had been ceded to them by other nations and the US has given or offered total freedom for those countries.  Some still refuse to become free states as they get too many benefits from remaining within the periferals of the US.  Some are still waiting for statehood although free nations.

Go back before Kuwait to when Saddam was feted by America when he had a war with Iran. Seems the US likes dictators as long as they do what the US wants.

BTW, Gulf war version 2 was done on a lie. IMO the US had no reason to go into Iraq then except for the neocons wanting a war there ( and of course warmongering Bush the lesser younger )

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:coffee1:

Thailand has 100% more affinity with China than any western country. They have zero reason to get involved in western squabbles.

From your username I assume you are American- news flash, IMO most of the countries on the planet are not aligned with the US and have no interest in getting involved with it's warmongering. They saw what happened to Vietnam and do not want any US "help" for themselves.

Ah, the bored drinking coffee emoji.  SO EDGY.  SO DANK.

News flash -- my comment and the one I was responding to had nothing to do with China.

News flash -- when one country participates in the brutal murder of another's civilians, one might expect country B not to pledge its undying love for the other, having never once voiced a bit of concern or anger.  Hardly unreasonable.

News flash -- go f$ck yourself with your America hatred.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He refused to answer one your vile troll baits to sniff out Jews. Good for him.

I love the image you created of him being a Jew sniffer-outer.  Pretty hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

In your dreams . 70% of the worlds population LOL

Doesnt matter, for, (and apologies to Hillaire Belloc)

Whatever happens, we have got

The B-52, and they have not.

1 minute ago, JoeRan said:

Another American thinking he is superior to all. Look where the bulk of the world’s population is and maybe you will understand the 70% comment. Your small world of 400 million people has lost any credibility and power with the rest of the world in the last 10 years. The bubble you have created is about to burst. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, JoeRan said:

Another American thinking he is superior to all. Look where the bulk of the world’s population is and maybe you will understand the 70% comment. Your small world of 400 million people has lost any credibility and power with the rest of the world in the last 10 years. The bubble you have created is about to burst. 

Guessing that's directed toward me as I'm the most recent person on the forum who isn't a mindless America hater.  No, I don't think I'm superior to all.  And I know that no country stays on top forever.  The hilarious thing is hypocritical pissers like you who lob shots at us all day while greatly having benefited from everything we have given you.

Looking forward to America suffering?  You're going to hate what comes next, though from the looks of your avatar you won't be around to see it.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Go back before Kuwait to when Saddam was feted by America when he had a war with Iran.

"Feted"   right.

The US had a laugh about it. They did give Iraq pictures from satellites of Iranian defensive positions. That is it. They certainly did not "fete" him. It was not in the US interests to have Iran win. Saddam, who started the war, was teetering on the brink of losing. Tin pot dictators are never good military commanders. Kuwait, The Gulf States and Saudi all loaned truckloads a money to Saddam so he could buy Soviet equipment & parts. Things only got ugly when they wanted the loans paid back.  :biggrin:   And Saddam started another war.

As for this OP. Thailand and the US went their separate ways after the 97 meltdown. Thailand somehow thought the US should come riding to the rescue, when they didn't. It took awhile but Thailand eventually found another sugar daddy. Thai media or shills bring it up, that there is a struggle going on, to stir the pot. Ten years ago, when they were doing the judicial coup against Yingluck and  bearing down on the real one it came up, again  only to distract.

With the ongoing economic problems China is facing, yes we are living in dangerous times. Authoritarian states like nothing better to fan the flames of nationalism or conflict, to distract their own population from internal or economic problems. Exactly what they are doing with Taiwan. In a situation like that no one knows what could happen.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Guessing that's directed toward me as I'm the most recent person on the forum who isn't a mindless America hater.  No, I don't think I'm superior to all.  And I know that no country stays on top forever.  The hilarious thing is hypocritical pissers like you who lob shots at us all day while greatly having benefited from everything we have given you.

Looking forward to America suffering?  You're going to hate what comes next, though from the looks of your avatar you won't be around to see it.

I am certainly not looking forward to anyone, anywhere suffering but with you all in a tizzy just waiting to use your B 52’s, your lack of empathy and intelligence shows true. Not knowing the meaning of hypocritical also explains much. Again your superiority complex thinking I have benefited greatly from what you have given me? The only thing you have given me is pure entertainment and the will to never be like you. I wish you well in your hate fuelled, racist attitudes. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And I apologize as it originally was not directed at you, my mistake. But you certainly have qualified to warrant my comments. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, JoeRan said:

I am certainly not looking forward to anyone, anywhere suffering but with you all in a tizzy just waiting to use your B 52’s, your lack of empathy and intelligence shows true. Not knowing the meaning of hypocritical also explains much. Again your superiority complex thinking I have benefited greatly from what you have given me? The only thing you have given me is pure entertainment and the will to never be like you. I wish you well in your hate fuelled, racist attitudes. 

Yes, of course you are looking forward to mass suffering.  You've made 4 comments and the only common thing in all of them is your total sneering contempt for America.  "Hypocritical" because you've lived your entire life benefitting from what America has given you, cost-free to you, from Cold War defense to inventions to an economic order that has created the conditions for the largest explosion of health, wealth, creativity, education, and general flourishing the world has ever seen.  Perfect?  No.  Are there grounds for criticism?  Of course.  But better than anything that came before it and far better than what will come after it?  Absolutely.

Go take your arrogance, racism, and hatred somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Yes, of course you are looking forward to mass suffering.  You've made 4 comments and the only common thing in all of them is your total sneering contempt for America.  "Hypocritical" because you've lived your entire life benefitting from what America has given you, cost-free to you, from Cold War defense to inventions to an economic order that has created the conditions for the largest explosion of health, wealth, creativity, education, and general flourishing the world has ever seen.  Perfect?  No.  Are there grounds for criticism?  Of course.  But better than anything that came before it and far better than what will come after it?  Absolutely.

Go take your arrogance, racism, and hatred somewhere else.

Legend in your own mind!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

For some time I have believed we are currently in a global crisis. 

The PROXY war in Ukraine, Israel genocide, The US trying to poke China at every opportunity. Even little UK as good as declaring war on Russia with their tiny army.

If the sh7t hits the fan especially between the US and its western monkeys against China... Where will Thailand come down??

The US are going to definitely put pressure on Thailand to side with the west, but siding with China is way better for their interests.

In my opinion we have never been closer to nuclear war and some US political idiots even think the US can win a nuclear war.... Hopefully the Pentagon is staffed with people who are a lot more realistic.

Agreed, but Thailand will sit on the fence as always.  The USA's hegemony is slowly coming to an end and they drove Russia and China together. Smart move. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1