Thai Woman Missing In Switzerland Found: Embassy

webfact

image.jpeg

THE Thai embassy in Switzerland has been informed by the family of a Thai woman missing in Switzerland that she has now been found, Naewna newspaper and Mcot said this morning (May 25).

Ms. Nantiwa “Noon” Saejiw, who is travelling on a Swedish passport and went Switzerland with her foreign boyfriend, had not contacted her family since on April 26, 2024 with her older sister, Ms. Fon, posting a message on her Facebook page, Fon’mama Dumbbell, asking the public to help find her.

The Thai embassy in Switzerland then posted a message on its Facebook page on May 21 asking the public for information about her whereabouts and help track her.

After that one of Nantiwa’s relatives had reported her missing to Interlaken police station.

by TNR Staff

TOP: Ms. Nantiwas “Noon” Saejiw with the Thai embassy’s notice and Facebook logo where it was posted next to her. Photo: MCOT

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-05-25

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)

She wanted to escape the never ending Vampire sucking Thai style life to then get a crazy sister call authorities for her being missing, that sister is obviously a leech. She had another foreign passport already too, so I guess she then was married to another foreigner before this new one?

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

She wanted to escape the never ending Vampire sucking Thai style life to then get a crazy sister call authorities for her being missing, that sister is obviously a leech. She had another foreign passport already too, so I guess she then was married to another foreigner before this new one?

I think you have it wrong. The girl in Switzerland was looking for the money not vice versa.

"On April 24 Nantiwa sent Fon a message asking her to transfer 430 baht but did not say what she needed it for."

Wonder why she wanted 430 BHT, it's 11 CHF, doesn't even pay for a meal or maybe a MC D special priced menu. I think they have one for about that money. In a restaurant, count at least 20.- with a drink.

An additional zero was probably lost in translation 😉

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Farang said:

"On April 24 Nantiwa sent Fon a message asking her to transfer 430 baht but did not say what she needed it for."

Cappuccino?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

There is something wrong and confusing:

Where is she? Location?

Where's the Boyfriend?

Why she needs only 430 Baht?

She got mental problems?

Strange🙏

The story in the link to the Thia Newsroom only says:

"Fortunately the Swiss police have informed her family that she has now been found and had left Switzerland to travel elsewhere with her foreign boyfriend a while ago."

...and:

"On April 24 Nantiwa sent Fon a message asking her to transfer 430 baht but did not say what she needed it for.

On April 26 she called the family and cheerfully said she was fine but since then she had not contacted them which is unusual as she usually gets in touch every two to three days."

So, no real information on where she is now or if she is okay. :sad:

• Agree 2

Just now, WDSmart said:

"Fortunately the Swiss police have informed her family that she has now been found and had left Switzerland to travel elsewhere with her foreign boyfriend a while ago."

Wrong! 

The Swiss Police only found that they have left Switzerland some time ago, probably by checking immigration or airlines.

She has not been found, nor does anybody (I assume) know where she is!

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:
14 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Wrong! 

The Swiss Police only found that they have left Switzerland some time ago, probably by checking immigration or airlines.

Not wrong... That was a quote by the Swiss police. They are the ones who claim "she has now been found," not me.

Now, maybe by "found" they mean they have "found" information about her; or maybe by "found" they mean they have actually located her but are not revealing her whereabouts or status because that would be an invasion of her privacy; or maybe the "has now been found" has been mistranslated from Swiss to English somehow. 

But, whatever the case is, my post was not "wrong." :angry:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, WDSmart said:
37 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:
40 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Wrong! 

Not wrong... That was a quote by the Swiss police. They are the ones who claim "she has now been found," not me.

Now, maybe by "found" they mean they have "found" information about her; or maybe by "found" they mean they have actually located her but are not revealing her whereabouts or status because that would be an invasion of her privacy; or maybe the "has now been found" has been mistranslated from Swiss to English somehow. 

Well, she clearly hasn't been found....    that much is obvious. 

Nowhere does the article mention that they or her family are aware of her current whereabouts. 

The only know the date on which she left Switzerland. 

The article is very poorly written and you made the mistake of directly quoting something that is quite misleading.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just happy she has been found.

I was worried she'd be found in bits in plastic bags scattered around the Alps. Seems she is vulnerable and her boyfriend apparently has history although you never know with AN 'news'.

So happy happy. This one ends well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, WDSmart said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, she clearly hasn't been found....    that much is obvious. 

Nowhere does the article mention that they or her family are aware of her current whereabouts. 

The only know the date on which she left Switzerland. 

The article is very poorly written and you made the mistake of directly quoting something that is quite misleading.

Expand  

According to the Swiss police, she has "been found." Why do you think you know better than they? 

I, too, think their quote means, "We found out that she left Switzerland, so our responsibility to find her ends there," but it could mean, "We found her, but will not reveal her whereabouts to the press." 

The report we are reading is translated from the MCOT news article, which is probably translated from another source, most likely in English...   Unless MCOT news interviewed the Swiss Police themselves...

Thus: we are dealing with a 'double translation' which flawed at the best of times often with incomprehensible contradictions... 

So.. in this case, I don't beleive I know better than the Swiss Police - thats just a bit of dumb gaslighting on your part. 

Its quite obvious what is written: Swiss Police found out that she left the country and have reported that.

They have not stated anywhere that they are aware of her whereabouts and she is safe.

If you want you can believe a translation of a translation... go ahead, fill those gullible boots.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The report we are reading is translated from the MCOT news article, which is probably translated from another source, most likely in English...   Unless MCOT news interviewed the Swiss Police themselves...

Thus: we are dealing with a 'double translation' which flawed at the best of times often with incomprehensible contradictions... 

So.. in this case, I don't beleive I know better than the Swiss Police - thats just a bit of dumb gaslighting on your part. 

Its quite obvious what is written: Swiss Police found out that she left the country and have reported that.

They have not stated anywhere that they are aware of her whereabouts and she is safe.

If you want you can believe a translation of a translation... go ahead, fill those gullible boots.

In my first post on this subject, I also suggested the translation might be misleading. But there are many other explanations for the wording.

I also believe what it means is that the Swiss police found out she left the country and have concluded their investigation there. However, it's also possible they continued to look for her and found her, but either they do not believe it is within their obligation to reveal her whereabouts to the press/social media, or she has asked them not to.

So, we'll all just have to hang on and wait until we get another, more detailed report on this woman's whereabouts and status.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Check the article in BP today. It explains that both Nong Noon and her boyfriend have been found in good health but no further statements will be made by the Embassy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Swiss language ? Really ?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Swiss language ? Really ?

"Switzerland recognizes four languages as so-called “national languages,” and while speakers of these languages can be found throughout the country, the four languages are largely confined to specific regions.

The most widely spoken language in Switzerland is “Swiss German.” Spoken by just over 60 percent of the population, its speakers are concentrated in the northern, central and eastern parts of the country. Swiss German or Schwyzerdütsch as it’s called by locals, is a collection of Alemannic dialects no longer spoken in Germany or Austria. So take it from me, if you speak standard German then you will have a hard time understanding Swiss German!" Languages of Switzerland - Wikipedia

6 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Wrong! 

The embassy said that the girl's family have been notified by Swiss police that she and her companion have been located and both are in good health. 

5 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Who found her, where was she and why had she gone off the radar for a while? None of these questions are answered by the post here.

None of those questions need to be answered!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Semi OT,  Back in the early 70's when I was a wee lad, I went  on my first "road trip" from the west coast to the Midwest where I met up with a couple of buddies.  We continued to the east coast and back.  Was gone for about 2 months, didn't even think about calling my parents.  When I returned I called them (wasn't living at home at the time).  They were furious that I hadn't called them.  Told them I thought "No news was good news".  They told that story over the years till they passed away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Simply confusing and not really a conclusion.

"Send 430 Baht"????

That girl seems to have problems maybe mentally.

She means 430 Baht in Gold, of course :cheesy:

• Haha 1

Here's the latest news I found. It looks like the Thai embassy in Berne, Switzerland, is satisfied that she has really been found.

"Late Friday night, the embassy shared the long-awaited good news.

“Noon’s family has been notified by Swiss police that she and her companion have been located.”

The couple had apparently left Switzerland during the search, which complicated efforts to find them, reported  Bangkok Post.

With the discovery of Nantiwa and her boyfriend, both reported to be in good health, the embassy announced it would issue no further public statements and expressed gratitude to all who assisted in the search."
Missing Thai woman found safe in Switzerland | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)