Soi 6 beatdown

bbko

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Nothing will change until somebody actually gets killed,  Looking at the relish with which these guys  handed out the beating I don't think we will have to wait very long for that to happen.   Although when it eventually does i wouldn't expect it to make the front page. 

Already happened several times, last time they killed some guy on Soi Buakow I believe. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, thesetat said:

But, in all reality. Soi 6 just lost a lot of customers from tourism for this.

Whats the attraction with Soi 6? I see it mentioned in different places from time to time and from what I gathered its possibly the street to go to in Pattaya for a higher level of degeneracy compared to other streets?

• Confused 1

The guards could have easily detained the men and got the cops to come sort it out.. If what the poster says is true about breaking some girls nose then off they go to happyland prison after paying their bill and the costs to settle with the woman. But what those guards is nothing more than a gang beating. Assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. All of those guards should be arrested and carted off to happyland prison also. And the one that kicked the guy in the head in the end should be charged with attempted murder as well as various other charges. As of yet, my wife cannot find anything about this in the Thailand version of news to see what is being done about it. But, in all reality. Soi 6 just lost a lot of customers from tourism for this. Anyone that sees the video or reads news about this would be hesitant to go there. Even if they are usually a good boy and never get into trouble. One could easily have been pulled into this beating even if they were bystanders. Christ, I have seen tourists with kids walking down that street. Imagine if a bystander got hurt from this? Something needs to be done about this anti-foreigner ideology that seem to be prevalent now as well as the need to react with such violent force

amen

The guards could have easily detained the men and got the cops to come sort it out.. If what the poster says is true about breaking some girls nose then off they go to happyland prison after paying their bill and the costs to settle with the woman. But what those guards is nothing more than a gang beating. Assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. All of those guards should be arrested and carted off to happyland prison also. And the one that kicked the guy in the head in the end should be charged with attempted murder as well as various other charges. As of yet, my wife cannot find anything about this in the Thailand version of news to see what is being done about it. But, in all reality. Soi 6 just lost a lot of customers from tourism for this. Anyone that sees the video or reads news about this would be hesitant to go there. Even if they are usually a good boy and never get into trouble. One could easily have been pulled into this beating even if they were bystanders. Christ, I have seen tourists with kids walking down that street. Imagine if a bystander got hurt from this? Something needs to be done about this anti-foreigner ideology that seem to be prevalent now as well as the need to react with such violent force. 

What you have stated, though true and logical, seems not to makes sense there, in the alternate universe of Pattaya.

I do not understand why anyone in their right mind would go to that area.

All your thoughts are logical, but only in a world where logic rules.

Logic does not rule once one descends down the rabbit-hole of desire, seeking forbidden fruit, and FRUITS, too, no doubt.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Soi 6 shares security for the whole soi, they move around depending who is causing trouble

Wrong. Every bar has one or more bouncers. Of course if one gets into trouble the other bar bouncers will assist.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, stoner said:

you of all people should want some pretty solid proof this happened lou. do you have any other than someone said so ? 

the kick at the end in the head in most civilized countries could be considered attempted murder. for a few baht ? neanderthals the lot of them.

Normal reaction by the bouncer. The hooligan broke is nose, we see him bleeding on the video. How would you "so called civilized" react? Probably give your other cheek as the one in the bible. For sure you are not a muslim...

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Lowlifes among themselves.

Applies to idiot Brits and uninhibited thugs called "guards".

In a civilized country they should go to jail.

But here it is normal to take "justice" in their own hands due to corrupt lazy police.

The smartest people in that video are wearing heels. . . Which is fortunate for the Brits since they can surely do more damage with a good shot at an ear canal.

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

This bar will undoubtably have CCTV; so can we see the video of the guy punching the girl please 

Police releasing CCTV footage from inside a GoGo bar... :sniggers: Never going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Flummoxed said:

The smartest people in that video are wearing heels. . . Which is fortunate for the Brits since they can surely do more damage with a good shot at an ear canal.

Police releasing CCTV footage from inside a GoGo bar... :sniggers: Never going to happen.

All over facebook pages!

43 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I have and they go way too far - usually because they far outnumber their opposition. The ones I've encountered have been little more than thugs. They are there to provide security, the law is there to dish out punishments.  If the Brits punched a girl, the police should charge them with assault. 

We had years of this from doormen in the UK until the law was changed and security staff were placed under much more scrutiny.  Before that the job was usually performed by the 'hardest' guys in the area, regardless of how crazy they were. They often seriously injured people and I believe there were one or two killings.

I'm not in any way defending the Brts behaviour but when you sell alcohol, you have to accept what goes with it - drunk people, sometimes out of control. The best doormen are trained in how to resolve a situation, not just beat the crap out of anyone who steps out of line.

I understand what you are saying. But remember, this is Thailand.

If you would run a bar here, would you rely on the Thai police? Would you rely on maybe 500B fine? Or would you like the idea that people who do wrong get punished? And lots of others will get the message that they better behave, or else.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Do you understand what a security guard is? They are supposed to be there to keep the peace. Justice is for the police and the courts to mete out. If the customer makes trouble, the correct procedure would be to detain them and call the police. Kicking a person in the head that hard is deadly force. All of those guards should be arrested and charged for assault.

Do you know the difference between theory and practice? 

What do you expect will the Thai police do?

Do you think the bad guys will be scared because maybe they have to pay 500B fine?

Hurt someone, and you will get hurt ten times harder. And that message was delivered within minutes. I am sure the bad guys received the message, and they won't do it again, at least not in Thailand. Problem solved.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's almost funny reading all the posts here from people who think, or at least write, the police will sort it out.

And then we have many other posts in other threads where people write about the incompetent and corrupt police, and the minor fines.

Make up your mind. Are the police competent and do they do their job the way they should? Or not?

And if you conclude the police is useless then don't be surprised if people hire someone else instead of the police.

And I repeat, all of us good guys don't have to worry. Only the bad guys get beaten up, and severely, so that they remember it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you would run a bar here, would you rely on the Thai police? Would you rely on maybe 500B fine? Or would you like the idea that people who do wrong get punished? And lots of others will get the message that they better behave, or else.

That is what businesses pay the Police for in Thailand.

Protection money. 

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

None of the bars I drink in have bouncers or guards. They don't seem to need them. 

What you are advocating is vigilante justice, which is illegal and wrong.

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Seems like he  died , he wont be disputing a bar bill again .

Was it the correct bar bill or was it being padded ?

Really not the issue here .

Bouncers shouldn't kick a mans head and break his neck and kill him  when he's defenceless on the ground .

Taking a  penalty with a guys head is murder 

Nothing will happen to that bouncer 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Seems like he  died , he wont be disputing a bar bill again .

Was it the correct bar bill or was it being padded ?

Really not the issue here .

Bouncers shouldn't kick a mans head and break his neck and kill him  when he's defenceless on the ground .

Taking a  penalty with a guys head is murder 

Does anyone know what happened to the guy...and...

What are his injuries?

Not much available about this on the net.

It's quite haunting to see.

One minute, he's on holiday.

Next minute, ... hit by lightning.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Does anyone know what happened to the guy...and...

What are his injuries?

Not much available about this on the net.

It's quite haunting to see.

One minute, he's on holiday.

Next minute, ... hit by lightning.

Friend of mine has police connections, he is dead, broken neck. I suppose we will find out tomorrow for sure

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

Friend of mine has police connections, he is dead, broken neck. I suppose we will find out tomorrow for sure

One of the worst things I have seen in a long time.

I wish I had not watched it.

Obviously, the guy has family and those who care about him.

Hard to watch.

• Like 1