Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

The kicking of the doctor pales into insignificance by comparison if he even did kick her, it certainly was not shown clearly in the related video.

A deflection. The principle you demand loudly ad nauseam for any suggestion of farang guilt vs a Thai victim--demanding definitive, irrefutable, absolute evidence BEFORE any judgment is made--you hypocritically don't apply in the reverse case of possible Thai guilt. The latter you accept w/o that definitive, irrefutable, absolute evidence and even make up stuff to explain reasons for the guilt. Why is that, except just bigotry?

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Exactly what point of yours have I ignored due to it being true?

Exactly the above. W/o going back thru all your tedious posts on the topic made before all the vids surfaced, the specific point I addressed was your judgment, w/o the slightest shred of evidence, about drug use by the Thai, to pile on the guilt.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Bangkok Post now running the story claiming that the custmomer struck first and the 3 security guards were fighting back. I guess this is the story all Thai news will run despite cctv clearly showing it to be false and guard threw first punch. The article now also claiming guard has a broken nose and required 6 stiches so are they trying to provide justification?

Again no mention of health of the two beaten foreigners

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

I did read on, and I didn't selectively choose what part of the article to post.

I regret that I didn't include a 'sarcasm' emoji which might have made it clearer to all readers that my post was tongue in cheek.  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

That's (sarcasm) not working with Bangkok Barry 😂😂😂

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Security guards, bouncers and police should be held to a higher standard, and fines and jail times should be doubled. They have a responsibility to behave and not abuse their power. And some of them are very hungry for the power and using it makes them feel like big men. 

Who do you think want to be a bouncher in soi 6? Your clients is bigger, heavier, drunk, stupid foreigners? 

Som trying to convince me it is a family destination, but really? 

raised concerns about Pattaya’s image as a tourist destination"

Copy and paste for imminent future use!

Why aren't these security guards licensed as in the UK and other countries? Any misbehaviour like that mentioned in the post as in the post should mean loss of licence - hence loss of job!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

I just read the Khaosod article. 

Ms. Samorn, a 38-year-old cashier at the bar where the incident occurred, witnessed three foreign tourists drinking. Two paid their bills, but the third changed seats multiple times and left without paying. When asked for payment for the 3rd guy, the guy in the white shirt argued he had already paid. Eventually, one of two in the group paid the 2,800 Baht bill, but the tourist in the white shirt pushed a guard, leading to chaos on the street.

So they squared all the bills. Even if the guy pushed the guard afterwards, no way the guards should have delivered a hard kick to the head when the guy is already on the ground and nearly unconscious. 

no mention of whether they knew the 3rd guy or not?
usually between friends, especially if on holiday or just out together
it would not be an issue paying a known friends bill and getting it back later

i seen the videos
the guards started the violence imo
once bill was paid, guards should have left as all resolved
iirc the first act was throwing some bystander out of the bar who was just trying to calm the situation

Edited by patman30
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, roo860 said:

Three security guards who assaulted two foreign visitors admitted that their actions were excessive, raised their hands performing the “Wai” gesture, and apologized to Thai society for their actions.... 

20240527_110503.jpg

These are not trained security guards, but aggressive thugs. It's also strange that this is a supposedly independent group of thugs and the bar(s) doesn't want to take responsibility for them and their nasty behavior. (These guards were reportedly part of a freelance group providing security for multiple bars, though they were not directly linked to any specific establishment.)

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

im my 15 yrs in LOS i went to Patts to see it for myself..left within 12 hrs.....seedy AF imo

anyhoo up here in CM the club dudes/Sec thais are same same as i went to an after hrs place and they

were telling me where i couldnt park on the public street and we had words....in true thai fashion they sucker

punched me from behind and right in the head(always go for the head!) and knocked me down face first onto dirty

gravel road..broke my glasses and my arm had gravel embedded as well.....always in packs and always cowardly

I left a nice review with said pics on google maps as a reminder to others..think the place is shut down as well.....

and as noted if they dude died that thai dude kicking him in the head should be the possible reason why--ie prison

seems these angry thai dudes seek out this kind of work just for an outlet to feed their violent tendencies...smh

another day in the LOS

Was that those places on CM land /Chang Klan road?  Always had the pretty girls outside.  Kareoke joints. 

Shady as a 2 bob watch that outfit.  Many foreigners got beaten up in those places. I escaped from there once.... Long story but never went back.