UK former mercenary, living in Thailand for 22 years, given a strong warning by police

webfact

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Was erwarten Sie also noch? Das ist nicht gerade Al Jazeera oder CNN. Es ist eher wie Ihre Highschool-Zeitung.

Highschool? Elemantaryschool!

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

It's ethnically prejudiced and narrow minded people like you that Thailand doesn't need. I'll help you pack. The guy made a mistake, we don't know the circumstances, but he showed remorse and respect and he paid restitution. If everyone is satisfied then it's none of your business. So take your bigotry and prejudices back home to your own country where you fit right in. Most of the Brits I've met are fine people and certainly better than half the Americans back in the US, which is where I'm from. 

I wish you had the time to scold posters like this every day. There are many angry people on the Forum.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A so called mercenary aged 22...so called living in Thailand but working as a hired mercenary to fund his stay here?

Not married, not retired he must having been bouncing around for many years doing border runs or time out of Thailand. 

He is a businessman and don't ask what business.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Police cite prior cooperation with Immigration Bureau for not revoking his visa on this occasion.

Police cite financial cooperation with Immigration Bureau for not revoking his visa on this occasion ….. fixed it

Is there a secret hidden agreement between UK and Thailand? That UK have permission to deport the dumbest, ugliest, rudest people to Thailand?

A deep state agreement? Sure, his visa can't be revoked. UK will definitely refuse to take this scumbag back. 👎

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Someone was told to submit a 500 word article but only had 50 words of content. 😆

And had ChatGPT

😁

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

44 years old

22 years living in Thailand

so assume he came to LOS when he was 22 years old

how has he supported himself for 22 years

what visa has been on for 22 years - is that possible?

when / where was he a mercenary if he's lived in Thailand since he was 22 years old?

Some explanation would be nice.

Maybe he was a merc in Noddy Land

44 years old

when / where was he a mercenary if he's lived in Thailand since he was 22 years old?

Been here since I was 23... With the right career and money - anything is possible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Aviatorhi said:

Been here since I was 23... With the right career and money - anything is possible.

especially with the right attitude

You may not like the outcome, I may not like the outcome, but if he was a muzzie terrorist in Europe touching little girls he would not be paying any compensation let alone apologizing.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Yet almost all the headlines worldwide of "tourists" acting badly are about brits... go figure. If he were an American he would fit right in with your democratic platform of apologizing and crying when he is caught out being an ass... you always apologize and cry when caught out... never change your attitude though.

Goody-2-shoes...........:coffee1:

Reading this he would of been 22 years old when he arrived in Thailand and yet he is or was a mercenary would be  interesting to know where he trained in fire arms and tactics most Mercenaries are ex military personnel. Can only think he has some good friends high up to avoid having his visa revoked

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mark17AA said:

Always a cheap pint in the legion, and some good turns on a Saturday night.

We had one near to were I lived when I was younger, and a Tory club at the back of my house, 

44 years old

It said he had been helpful to authorities in Samui I wonder what helpful means  I need to sort my grass out !!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RonJr said:

I have multiple friends that live here after wars for good and usually work w former blackwater or other security firms as mercenaries, once they live abroad so long it's more appealing to live in places like Thailand,, a wonderful country where you can give your victims the money instead of the government court system. In America the courts take the money and victims wait forever to get restitution if ever 

Security firms don’t hire mercenaries they hire ex military personnel I’m ex military and yes there are a lot of us living in the kingdom and living a peaceful life !

• Thumbs Up 1

In one article he was quoted as saying that he had "personal" problems, and was taking tranquilizers. And said he had consumed alcohol while operating a motor vehicle.

"Strong warning."

He seems to have quite a few excuses.

Mr. Davis explained that he was a former mercenary from the United Kingdom and had moved to Thailand 22 years ago to start a family and had an 18-year-old daughter with his Thai wife. He admitted to acting irrationally due to personal and family problems and regularly taking sleeping pills or tranquilizers.

Before the incident, he had run errands with his daughter in Udon Thani city and drank 40-degree white wine at a Bun Bang Fai festival in Phen district.... อ่านข่าวต้นฉบับได้ที่ :

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/05/24/british-man-apologizes-for-punching-udon-thani-gas-station-attendant/