Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

It was the same in Patong when I lived there 6 months in the 90s. Twice had my beer bottle snatched from my table and broken over someone's head.

Right...but it's not just Patts, Bangers and Phuket, it's countrywide. On a lighter note...glad it wasn't over your head! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, tandor said:

...funny you never read or hear of Thais acting up in our countries..meek and mild little snivellers they are.

probably their antics are minor to the locals' actions., which could easily be true in the US since so many can carry...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the guards continued their assault, even as the tourists pleaded for mercy.

But they've apologised, wai'd and done everything possible to avoid being charged. Makes me think of this like Israel and Palestinians in miniature....the IDF, a high tech tuned up vicious mob with latest weapons vs poor unarmed folk who get killed in 'tragic mistakes' in designated safe areas. 

• Sad 4

I'm amazed to see the guy in white standing up, never mind walking! I'm sure the reaction to the security guards would have been a bit different if any of the lads were in a coma.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When will they realise an apology isn't enough

You may also notice that the 'tarnishing the image of Pattaya ' gets top billing when an incident like this occurs. The real issues are lessened. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

By now most if not all of us know you don't like foreigners, which means you're either Thai and prejudiced or an anti-social that hates others because he was raised that way, and doesn't know any better. If you're saying the locals loathe us, and you're a foreigner yourself, that means you're included in that loathing. Best you just skipalong, cassidy.

I am neither... I just do not and will never support Thai bashing from ignorant fools such as those that I have responded to... it is ridiculous to paint a group of people with a broad brush... ie me painting all brits with the broad brush of idiots of the world... but you and your ilk wouldn't understand the irony of my posts because you are the very persons that the Thais and normally behaved people loathe.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, hunkidori said:

Soil 6 never used to have goons like those until Flowers started taking over and destroying many things that were good about the soi. 

Although tis incident did not occur at one of his bars, nor were the security associated with him as he has his own. 

26 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

You are truly double trouble...a Trumpster cultist and Thai apologist. SMFH.

Suppose you believe this savage attack is "well earned" too. 

Hua Hin thugs savagely attack British family. Straight punch to the old woman's face, followed by a "death kick" to the head, while she's down.

The lesson here is... "keep your hands to yourself"... the brit just couldn't resist pushing the thug as he walked past.... what an idiot... sometimes it is best to not be a part of the problem.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I am neither... I just do not and will never support Thai bashing from ignorant fools such as those that I have responded to... it is ridiculous to paint a group of people with a broad brush... ie me painting all brits with the broad brush of idiots of the world... but you and your ilk wouldn't understand the irony of my posts because you are the very persons that the Thais and normally behaved people loathe.

No normal person loathes someone who respects others. You responded to someone who said, "they loathe us", meaning foreigners in general, because he didn't say, "they loathe foreigners who do wrong here", by saying " and a  well earned loathing it is". I and my ilk fully understand where you come from, because this is how you have been for a long time. Your words............Who?... the brits...  I agree..., after steven100 said this............"They really are a nasty race", although he was talking about the Thais.  , This comes a few minutes after this..........it is ridiculous to paint a group of people with a broad brush... ie me painting all brits with the broad brush of idiots of the world..

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

And people were wondering what the effects of 'farang be evil' two month plus media special feature is?! The guards know they can get away with this. The police come up with a ... we can't do anything until charges are filed malarky. They certainly can when they want to, they just do not want to. No surprise there. 

Only hope is that Brit Tabloids push it hard and tourism suffers a bit. It is the only thing that will get results. Otherwise .... all smiles from the beatdown crew. Only thing missing from this OP our resident Thai apologists. I hope some post up before I finish my coffee. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When will they realise an apology isn't enough

Krisana admitted that the altercation began when one of the tourists, sporting a white shirt, struck him first, causing an injury that required six stitches.

Yes I quite agree that many realisations are necessary to avoid this type of altercations.

The only reason why these 'enforcers' are sorry is because they got caught on camera. 

No doubt they will have a cooling down period, and be back on the beat shortly thereafter 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

Skipalong is just a xenophobe and a sickofant judging by his comments

Hilarious... where did you find these buzz words... 10 to 1 you cannot define either of them... google can be your friend if you can figure out how to use it... which I highly doubt.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 2