British men's assault complaint awaited by Pattaya police

webfact

58 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Only a small percentage of Pattaya is not like what you quote, I have lived in Pattaya 10 years, I don’t frequent any of the bar areas, it’s a great place but ruined by a small minority of uneducated low lives who frequent the bar areas.

i would imagine judging by your comment you have never been, listening to bar stool talk, don’t be so judgemental unless you have actually experienced the city.

Have been there twice and the second time, very reluctantly.  Most of the time when there is reported violence, it comes from Pattaya.

Posted (edited)

So even if in a hospital and after footage gone around the world and viral videos , the RTP state they cannot proceed until they get a formal complaint. The police are worse than the Keystone Police , whose bumbling efforts poured scorn on Law Enforcement in the USA. Now Thailand has its own version, called the Royal ( I will do nothing unless I have to ) Thai Police . Any foreigner hurt who does not immediately report the matter to the police will get NO JUSTICE  !! Even if lying in hospital on life support !!

Edited by Nicholas Paul KNIGHT
addition and spelling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

tourism impact

That's usually when tourist wear impractical clothing at temples,not for murder.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HalAndLois said:

I find this hard to believe.  In western countries, criminal complaints are filed as The People of the State of ___ vs. Foreign British Guy or whatever.  The plaintiff is the state, masquerading as "the People of the State."  If in fact this is the law in Thailand, woe unto wealthy single people without relatives, because you could kill them and steal all of their stuff because there would be no one to make a complaint.  

It is exactly the same here in Thailand, but as yet, no complaint has been made therefore no charges.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Wrong video, there is a full 5 minute length video which starts in the bar and ends with the kick in the head, but not allowed to post it here.

can you send me the link?

I Have found it. Thanks

Edited by baipaibkk

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Unfortunately, nothing can happen unless someone makes a complaint. This is the law in Thailand. 

Looks like these thugs will walk, and we know what happens then... they will be free to hurt and probably kill someone else in the future. 

Yeah probably kill those who refused to pay their bills...

1 hour ago, Jethro27 said:

So if a guy steals a car and is view on cctv do we wait for the car to make a complaint. I think not

The onus is on the owner of the car making a theft report or an investigating officer IO being assigned by his superior after the cctv was viewed for the case to become ‘alive’. This being Thailand , it depends upon how much damage is done to pattaya’s reputation as a family resort city.  Better to just let any red light night club brawl died down quietly than to prolong it in the public’s eye.  The mayor may not be pleased. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Unfortunately, nothing can happen unless someone makes a complaint. This is the law in Thailand. 

Looks like these thugs will walk, and we know what happens then... they will be free to hurt and probably kill someone else in the future. 

You are misinformed.

In cases where the person can not file an official complaint (eg.: death of the victim), the court can act on their behalf trough the public prosecutor.

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Translation:Public_Prosecution_Institution_and_Public_Prosecutors_Act,_2553_BE

Section 14

Edited by Confuscious
Link
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Once out of intensive care, that’s probably a good idea.  For one of them anyway.

My understanding is that, contrary to reports, they got up and walked away.  Is there anything from a reliable source that says otherwise?

Just to be absolutely clear, I think the attack is sickening but these guys would be best to leave it at that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiggo said:
3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If they are smart, they have left the country already.

Quite hard to do when in ICU....

Not if being in ICU is just a rumour, started by hearsay and, so far, unconfirmed.

4 minutes ago, sampson said:

Is there anything from a reliable source that says otherwise?

No, there isn't.

It's mentioned on the previous page that video exists of them leaving the scene and reportedly later on crossing Pattaya Klang under their own steam.

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I did watch the video. Over the top response by the guards. Here’s the thing about Thai law, evidently. Need to have the offended party bring a complaint against someone. OK, I can understand this although … I come from a heritage where if this had so publicly taken place, the legal system would move to arrest and prosecute the perps in the name of the citizenry. The thought being that the disturbance and affront was made to all citizens in an orderly society. I think a bit of irony as many of us feel such an action as done here certainly has caused harm to the country’s reputation and citizens of Thailand. One might even say the actions taken reflect on the head of the country … an insult under Thai law?

And if the victim is dead with no relatives to complain?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one is in ICU, they all walked away.

The video shows the Thai security guys walking away, not the victims.

The quotation on the first page of the thread appears to quote the Webfact that provided the initial story. Perhaps it was written originally then edited out after not being confirmed?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

The quotation on the first page of the thread appears to quote the Webfact that provided the initial story. Perhaps it was written originally then edited out after not being confirmed?

The video in question was linked to by LennyW on this page and shows the 3 guys leaving the scene.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JCauto said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one is in ICU, they all walked away.

The Reddit video shows the three British clowns walking away.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1