5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

21 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

A pic of my DTV stamp

Just curious why you blanked out the officers badge/stamp number (that's what is on the stamp border you yellowed out) and the day you entered 😕 

Never saw someone do that before 😉

blank out.jpg

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, asia123 said:

I tried, but I was rejected. However, some other people were successful. They paid 10,000 baht.

Did you pay 10k or you were rejected before that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

^^^ That above email from the Thai Consulate in HCMC is a perfect reason that people need to go to the consulate they're going to apply for the DTV at and READ the requirements carefully. 

As you can see this consulate requires you show a balance of 500K baht for the previous 6 months (or that's how I read that) where as some consulates only require you have 500K baht IN the account when you apply

The Thai consulates around the world are free to set their own requirements for this visa. SO do you home work, don't think because xxx consulate requires yyy to get the visa that zzz consulate will be the same 🙂

Also just so you know the consulates set the pricing for the visa too 😮 
DTV COST
USA - 400 USD 
Australia - 600AUD
United Kingdom - 300GBP
HCMC/Hanoi - 340USD
Vientiane/Savannakhet - 10k baht 
New Zealand - 2,000 NZD
Ottawa/Vancouver - 650CAD
Kuala Lumpur/Penang/Kota Bharu - 1,600 Ringgit

And the employment contract cannot be in Vietnamese.

Amazing.

5 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

DTV COST
USA - 400 USD 
Australia - 600AUD
United Kingdom - 300GBP
HCMC/Hanoi - 340USD
New Zealand - 2,000 NZD

New Zealand $2,000 NZD?  That is close to $1200 USD equivalent.   Could that NZ price be a typo?  It reads to be totally out of proportion compared to the other prices. 

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just curious why you blanked out the officers badge/stamp number (that's what is on the stamp border you yellowed out) and the day you entered 😕 

Never saw someone do that before 😉

blank out.jpg

A virtual tin foil hat.

It would have been useful to know what Thai embassy issued the visa but seeing his extreme caution in revealing details I refrained from asking him.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

New Zealand $2,000 NZD?  That is close to $1200 USD equivalent.   Could that NZ price be a typo?  It reads to be totally out of proportion compared to the other prices. 

It's no typo. Same for all their other visas. For whatever reason they've decided to price visas at completely insane prices. Only in Thailand would you have a visa officially advertised for 10k baht then go and apply and it's suddenly over 40k.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

^^^ That above email from the Thai Consulate in HCMC is a perfect reason that people need to go to the consulate they're going to apply for the DTV at and READ the requirements carefully. 

As you can see this consulate requires you show a balance of 500K baht for the previous 6 months (or that's how I read that) where as some consulates only require you have 500K baht IN the account when you apply

The Thai consulates around the world are free to set their own requirements for this visa. SO do you home work, don't think because xxx consulate requires yyy to get the visa that zzz consulate will be the same 🙂

DTV COST
USA - 400 USD 
Australia - 600AUD
United Kingdom - 300GBP
HCMC/Hanoi - 340USD
New Zealand - 2,000 NZD

Better to do online, you pay B10,000 that way, you pay with the application

On 5/30/2024 at 5:13 AM, solidad90 said:

quote from pattayanews

The DTV visa does NOT allow “any” digital nomad to stay in Thailand for five years, as incorrectly noted by some media. To be clear, once obtained, it can be used within a five year period, for 180 days, and extended once for another 180 days, with a 10,000 Baht filing fee each time. After being used twice, the DTV visa would expire. As stated, additional requirements will be released in the near future by the Thai government and are subject to change.

/ is  that true??

can not multiple go in and out of country ??

bcs i minimum travel 6 time a year in and out ????

true ??

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

No it's not true, you get 180 days permission to stay on each entry after which you can extend (1 time on that permission to stay) or leave the country for 1 night & come back for another 180 days.

Technically (assuming you do 180 Days + Extension then one night out of Thailand & repeat) you would only need to spend 1 night out of Thailand in any one 360 day period for 5 years. 

no undertsand

everybody posting diffrent thing 

question can i go ou tand in as long i want same with NON O multiple  )in this case max 180days)  ,,,valid for unlimited entrys  .. easy yes or no

one posting no , other yes

Edited by lapamita

41 minutes ago, lapamita said:

no undertsand

everybody posting diffrent thing 

question can i go ou tand in as long i want same with NON O multiple  )in this case max 180days)  ,,,valid for unlimited entrys  .. easy yes or no

one posting no , other yes

Watch the YT video with the top IO, posted twice on here, supplies most of the answers

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, shdmn said:

It's good for 5 years.  That is your deadline for first and last entry.

60 months = 5 years

ok, and must the 1st entry be within a certain number of days? For example, using Sept 1 as it being issued,  "enter by"  Dec 1st or is it unlike other visas ?

1 hour ago, khlongtoey said:

ok, and must the 1st entry be within a certain number of days?

No.

But I still wouldn't wait with my first entry until 2029.

5 years is a long time

1 hour ago, khlongtoey said:

ok, and must the 1st entry be within a certain number of days? For example, using Sept 1 as it being issued,  "enter by"  Dec 1st or is it unlike other visas ?

I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn’t apply more than 3 months before your intended travel date. But I cannot quote it.

5 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn’t apply more than 3 months before your intended travel date. But I cannot quote it.

I believe the eVisa site requires you to attach your plane ticket, so nobody is going to be applying too far in advance of travel anyway.

7 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Some websites of embassies or consulates write that, they explain,  that a tourist visa needs to be used within 3 months,  so it's useless to apply

earlier.

They are talking about tourist visas.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, lennois said:

It's no typo. Same for all their other visas. For whatever reason they've decided to price visas at completely insane prices. Only in Thailand would you have a visa officially advertised for 10k baht then go and apply and it's suddenly over 40k.

Funny how those fees were adjusted 3 days after the incident with the NZ tourists in Phuket.

Seems the Evisas came into effect around the same time?

Just a coincidence I guess.

14 hours ago, Lorry said:

... The real test will come in 2 or 3 years when immigration might not honor a DTV ...

I agree - but the solution will most-likely be the same as now for Visa-Exempts, Tourist-Visas, METVs, etc - use known safe entry-points to avoid this problem, or entry-points with "agent service."

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Funny how those fees were adjusted 3 days after the incident with the NZ tourists in Phuket.

Seems the Evisas came into effect around the same time?

Just a coincidence I guess.

Super theory but the fee change was announced well before that

Edited by lennois

To me all these requirements are ridiculous. I prefer to stay here with tourist visas and free exemption stamps for at least 180 days and then go back to my country for some months

• Confused 2

I hope this hasn't been mentioned before but I just listened to a Bangkok Post interview with Naruchai Ninnad and it appears to clarify some of the questions that have remained after the RW4U YouTube interview. It is a 45 minute interview. It is a podcast. Richard Barrow posted about this on his Facebook page today (Aug 5) but to listen to the whole 45 minutes you have to listen to the podcast which I found by searching for "Deeper Dive Thailand". 

Edited by MPoll
  • Like 1