5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

There are some documents floating around that show that the extension is 10,000 baht, but the two girls I spoke to, one at the main counter and one in section J said that is not correct the extensions are 1900.

You have to laugh or cry.

I just rang my Immigration office and asked if they knew how much the DTV 180 day extension was - answer 10,000 BHT.

Let's hope we get further clarity on this issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is it 180 + 180 days max., or in and out for up to 5 years? Surely multiple entry just means unlimited in and out within the 180 + 180, and no further extension after max of 360 days? After all, it specifies ONE extension. Has anyone asked/clarified that question?

23 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Is it 180 + 180 days max., or in and out for up to 5 years? Surely multiple entry just means unlimited in and out within the 180 + 180, and no further extension after max of 360 days? After all, it specifies ONE extension. Has anyone asked/clarified that question?

Unlimited entries in a 5 year period. Each entry, 180 days stay,( unless you reach the end of the 5 years e.g. enter 30 days before the end of the 5 years, stay permission stamp only valid 30 days until end of the visa)

Each stay can be extended at local immigration(if required), for an additional 180 days. After 360 days consecutively, you would have to leave and re enter. However if you left after say 150 days, on re entry you get 180 days. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What about the tax-exemption for foreign income?  That applies regardless of how many days you spend in Thailand or only if you are there less than 180 days per calendar year because with 180 days you become a tax resident in Thailand?

Edited by K2938

It's been clearly updated on the Thai London website. So it's not a total stay of 360 days over the course of five years. It's 180 days per entry. That one entry can be extended within the country for another 180 days. Then you have to leave and come back again and repeat. I guess the confusing thing is whether we're talking about a year as well. So, for example, if you use up 170 days in the first six months of your stay and then you go back to England, for example, does that mean you have one day left that year? Or, when you come in, does it reset? That's the only question I've got, if that makes sense. Oh, and how much the extension costs within Thailand and, of course, what nobody probably knows at the moment, which is what paperwork do you need for that extension.

IMG_3929.jpeg

For those who are self-employed, are you just planning to draft a letter as the Director of your LLC stating that you work for the company, and sign it yourself?

9 minutes ago, dg1980 said:

For those who are self-employed, are you just planning to draft a letter as the Director of your LLC stating that you work for the company, and sign it yourself?

I've got the DTV visa already so for the proof of status I sent screenshots of my website with a heading, a picture of myself, what I do and details about me. I didn't see an option to upload any videos so it's quite a limited size file you can send.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

They said you get the visa at a Thai consulate/embassy outside the country, you enter the country and get 180 days, then you can come to the immigration office and get one 180 day extension.

In Bangkok you do that at the main immigration office at Chaengwattana.

The officer told me you do it in section j which is the section for tourist visa extensions and the extension cost 1,900 baht.

This makes more sense, for a multi-entry visa.  Otherwise, if 10K Baht, people would opt to border-bounce for the next 180 days - not buy the extension.  This way, immigration earns something once per-year. 

The only way to make the 10K extension work, would be to limit stay to 180 days/year, unless you extend.

3 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Correct! I'll also take the risk of sounding repetitive:

"Unlimited entries in a 5 year period. Each entry, 180 days stay,( unless you reach the end of the 5 years e.g. enter 30 days before the end of the 5 years, stay permission stamp only valid 30 days until end of the visa)

Each stay can be extended at local immigration(if required), for an additional 180 days. After 360 days consecutively, you would have to leave and re enter. However if you left after say 150 days, on re entry you get 180 days."

Thank you. Your post helped put my mind at rest.

1 minute ago, El Matador said:

It is much better than I expected. It is basically a full open door policy now with its ups and downs. We should enjoy while it lasts because that policy could finish like the cannabis policy.

Yes. Ok. I doubt though, that they will make issued 5 year visas invalid. They might stop issuing those at one point, but at least once given, it will be valid for 5 years.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Yes. Ok. I doubt though, that they will make issued 5 year visas invalid. They might stop issuing those at one point, but at least once given, it will be valid for 5 years.

They will definitely honor the 5 years as they always did in the past with Thai Elite visa despite huge political changes. They might reconsider new applications in one or two years if they see an uncontrolable  increase of Indian and Chinese applicants. I wouldn't like to work at the embassy in India right now. 55555

• Agree 1

This thread should be closed because it's nothing but bad info now.  The last few posts were littered with incorrect statements or people still asking basic questions that are clearly explained in the official documentation and have been answered a thousand times.

About the ONLY thing that is still up for debate is how much the extension costs and NOBODY will need to worry about that for at least the next 6 months.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, El Matador said:

They will definitely honor the 5 years as they always did in the past with Thai Elite visa despite huge political changes. They might reconsider new applications in one or two years if they see an uncontrolable  increase of Indian and Chinese applicants. I wouldn't like to work at the embassy in India right now. 55555

I would not be so certain. Thai Elite is a government-owned company with contractual obligations, which they faced recently when they tried to make changes and had to backflip. It also costs considerable money and is marketed to the high-end as making Thailand your home.

DTV is just a tourist visa, and it can be cancelled or amended anytime someone feels like it. I wouldn't want to go all in on living in Thailand on the back of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

It's stated on the Thai Embassy websites, 180 days per entry

_4_infographic_Page_4.jpg.0730136e5fca042b355a4a0ee3dd94e9.jpg

Yep, but I believe that's limited to 180 days per year.

You can obtain a 2, 5 or 10 year multi entry visa for the UK and similar Countries, but your limited to a stay of 6 months in a year.

For what reason would TAT state extensions are:

"1 time per each entry for a period not exceeding 180 days. After the maximum stay of 180 days + 180 days, DTV holders need to depart the Country and can re-enter Thailand with the same DTV visa within the visa validity date"

https://www.tatnews.org/2024/07/thailand-announces-longer-visa-stays-to-boost-economy/

If you could simply do a border run after 180 days to obtain a new 180-day entry, then why not simply state as such, and what would be the point of an 180-day extension.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The rules for the DTV are clear. There is no such cumulative time limit.

If the rules are clear, why 22 pages of optimism and differing opinions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

If the rules are clear, why 22 pages of optimism and differing opinions

1. Because this thread started when the visa was just announced, way before the rules were published.

2. Because this is the ThaiVisaAseanNow forum where every snowflake has an opinion, even on simple facts.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Everything turns out even better than imagined! Unlimited 60 days land entry stamps and DTV means they want us back.

Not you.

The Chinese..

13 hours ago, El Matador said:

It is much better than I expected. It is basically a full open door policy now with its ups and downs. We should enjoy while it lasts because that policy could finish like the cannabis policy.

It probably will when they see the outcome. The whole of Thailand will become like The Lower Sukhumvit Free Trade Zone/Phuket.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, tarheeldan said:

Aliens under (1) must have financial evidence. or evidence of financial support For travel or having a guarantor of not less than 500,000 baht according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

What does this part mean? - " or having a guarantor of not less than 500,000 baht according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "

So someone can use family or friends as a gurantor for the financial requirements for the visa?