British Tourists Involved in Soi 6 Brawl With Guards Found, File Formal Legal Complaint

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

IMG_20240529_211023-768x576.jpg

Pattaya, Thailand – In a viral incident that has made international headlines and drove significant speculation and discussion online, a group of independent contracted guards brutally assaulted British tourists after a furious dispute over a bill on the bustling Soi 6 Pattaya over the past weekend. The attack raised serious concerns about safety and tarnished the family friendly image of the popular tourist destination, according to Pattaya Police.

In the early evening of May 24th, 2024, a confrontation erupted between foreign tourists and a group of contracted security guards overseeing independent local bars on Soi Six as we reported here.

The altercation, which began as a dispute over a bill in a bar in which the victims appear to become aggressive and confrontational with bar staff and security, even with one foreign man shoving another customer out of the bar at one point who appeared to be trying to calm the situation down, escalated into physical violence, leaving the victims battered and bruised. The incident was captured on video, sparking outrage and condemnation.

The video will not be shared in this article as it may offend sensitive viewers.

img_20240529_2111176292896236101341160.jpg

In particular, footage of one guard violently kicking a tourist in the head while already lying on the ground having been beaten, caused outrage and made headlines across the globe. The guard claimed the victim attacked him first, breaking his nose on the street, which started the fight.

Some speculated that the man was seriously injured, in a coma, or deceased, but none of that was correct as the victim told Pattaya Police today he had managed to walk away mostly uninjured from the incident and return to his hotel.

In fact, the man involved said he even went back out drinking the same night on Walking Street.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-05-30

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

now comes the can of worms trying to take the blame away from the guards and on the foreigner. I would bet that tomorrows news says charges against the foreigner have been made or that the guards have said sorry with a wai and everything is settled. 

All of this could have been avoided if Thai bars operated like most other bars in the world (and in their UK) and you paid for each drink when it is ordered. How difficult is that? But for some bizarre and unknown reason every bar here lets you run up an unlimited bill with no certainty that it can be paid. And sometimes, when the drinker loses track and can't pay, all hell breaks loose. I don't get it.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, thesetat said:

now comes the can of worms trying to take the blame away from the guards and on the foreigner. I would bet that tomorrows news says charges against the foreigner have been made or that the guards have said sorry with a wai and everything is settled. 

Seems like the foreigners did start the fight and they began punching and breaking noses , I wouldn't be surprised if they did get charged 

28 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:
1 hour ago, thesetat said:

Seems like the foreigners did start the fight and they began punching and breaking noses , I wouldn't be surprised if they did get charged 

Fine. As long as the thug who aimed the kick is charged too. So far, no word of that, even though the police said they were waiting to hear from the victim of the kick.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Lets hope at the very least the head kicker gets locked up.

Hopefully yes and deservedly so...but highly unlikely. TIT

Probably best to leave it alone and move on, since its on video and there's witnesses that say he assaulted first even if the authorities do press charges against the head kicker so can they file charges against the Brit for assault. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

I'd rather be alone than be sat with a bunch fake smiling locals who have ulterior motives..

I have been here a long time, and I don't know a single expat that has a meaningful, reciprocal friendship with a Thai man.

I will, of course, keep my eyes peeled and report back if and when that changes!

bob. 

I have some good Thai friends here. But I live far away from the sewers like Pattaya or Phuket

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Senior Player said:

By all accounts, it looks like the 3 tattooed thugs went out looking for trouble and found it. Was the response from the security guards disproportionate? Yes, but hopefully the 3 tattooed thugs will think twice next time before starting any trouble.

The corporate entity that employed the guards should be fine too together with its manager for not training their security guys about de escalation. In the video, the guards came in a menacing way looking for escalation. Action like thugs and defaming the good name of proper Thai security.

Edited by Ctkong
Spelling mistake

5 hours ago, baz69er said:

Kicking a guy full pelt in the head when he's down & clearly beaten doesn't look good.....

Yeah it shows the sinister side of smiling Thailand for the whole world to see.
That soccer guy is definitely aiming to do maximum damage to the brit. .  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

FYI... current demographics, Pakistan, Qatar, and Burkina Faso rank among countries with highest inbreeding (>50%), followed by Sudan, Afghanistan, Jordan, Bahrain (ranging between 40–49%), Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAW, Libya (ranging between 30–39%) and Egypt, India, Turkey, Algeria, Palestine (20–29%).

But none of the Brit louts were members of these nationalities.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

Nowhere do I see the U.K. There's a reason why there's been an increase in the U.K. and it has nothing to do with European ancestry.

But you did in the study I linked to, which studied UK data of European ancestry, and you do at the police station.

I had  issue in cnx i paid 140 owed 10 baht agreed the next visit i pay.when leaving said u not pay.Had a witness so ok.I have gone back there and paid for every drink upfront so no problem.They probadly believe i still owe them but i know.Also another story a man ordered a drink with lime i think,puts it in the ash tray when he leaves he checks the limes.They try it on and failed .It happens often and bkk or the sth could be worse a few extra ticks on the bill.So always be careful anywhere about the bar bill whoever  you are

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I would rather be in a war with Thais trained in Muay Tai and a life of hardship by my side than the current crop of mouthy younger generation Brit posers who are obsessed with posing for Facebook, manscaping and beauty products.

What on Earth are you on about. This country excels at staying out of conflict and appeasing all.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

All of this could have been avoided if Thai bars operated like most other bars in the world (and in their UK) and you paid for each drink when it is ordered. How difficult is that? But for some bizarre and unknown reason every bar here lets you run up an unlimited bill with no certainty that it can be paid. And sometimes, when the drinker loses track and can't pay, all hell breaks loose. I don't get it.

Another way all this could have avoided , the fight out front that is

From the video, after the pushing in the bar and bills paid up.

White shirt who was acting very aggressive In the bar is standing out front alone. At this point he could have walked away, end of story. But instead he returned to inside bar continuing his aggression. So he asked for the fight with security for sure. Of course no excuse for the kick. But he asked for the fight. A jerk for sure.

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, morrobay said:
15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Another way all this could have avoided , the fight out front that is

From the video, after the pushing in the bar and bills paid up.

White shirt who was acting very aggressive In the bar is standing out front alone. At this point he could have walked away, end of story. But instead he returned to inside bar continuing his aggression. So he asked for the fight with security for sure. Of course no excuse for the kick. But he asked for the fight. A jerk for sure.

How and in what way does your post address what I wrote? Maybe you didn't understand that if drinks are paid for as they are delivered then there would have been no-one not paying and disputing the bill and asking for a fight. Somehow, you managed to miss the entire point of my post. I find that extraordinary.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

They should install a little petting zoo in the middle of 6 so that the kids can play with little baby lambs while their fathers get "head massages" next door.

Now I am lost, I always thought Soi 6 was a "Petting Zoo".

20 hours ago, spermwhale said:

:"In fact, the man involved said he even went back out drinking the same night on Walking Street."

No doubt returned to his hotel with a honey or two.  What a warrior! What a champ 

When you get your head kicked in and laying on the ground defenseless and some thug finishes you with a kick to the face come back and post how brave you are.Sperm. 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How and in what way does your post address what I wrote? Maybe you didn't understand that if drinks are paid for as they are delivered then there would have been no-one not paying and disputing the bill and asking for a fight. Somehow, you managed to miss the entire point of my post. I find that extraordinary.

Seems to me I read the bill in dispute wasn't a drinks bill but rather a sexual services bill, bar fine or something?

12 hours ago, Ctkong said:

In the video, the guards came in a menacing way looking for escalation.

The Brit louts had already been menacing and intended to continue, however. They escalated in response to the guards and it went from there.

16 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

One of these days these paid thugs that are not vetted or trained will  kick a man to Death its only a matter of time.

That kick did surprisingly little damage. I think the Thai pulled it.

24 minutes ago, James105 said:

Once the bills were paid and he was outside the bar the sober and in control security should have just waved him goodbye.   There was no need to engage in the thuggery at all.   The security thugs committed needless violence by escalating a situation that didn't need it and should face punishment for this.  

You need to have a look at the video I referenced: Again, the bills were paid up and he was standing out in front of the bar alone. Again (see video ) at this point he could have walked away. Instead he walked up into the bar continuing his aggression and challenges the security guard.This then resulted in all piling out into the street fighting. No- security is not expected to "wave him away" As I said before... The brit asked for a fight. And as I also said before the kick was criminal act 

• Agree 1