Toilets - one or two piece.

EVENKEEL

I'm replacing 2 cheap Cotto toilets that are 2 piece. Now I'm wondering whether which style to buy, the one piece or the two piece. This time I'm getting large water tanks for a good whoosh. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you want a good whoosh, buy TOTO. Even with a small tank.

I have a nice one-piece TOTO. But they are all good.

How much? Planning on using Global for toilets and bathroom sink and such. don't see it there online. 

I've always had two-piece, but the next ones I buy will be one piece. Whatever you get, make sure you can buy good replacement seats for it. 

Good luck finding anything with a big tank, those days are over. 

we bought one-piece toilets last year - American Standard single flush are very good - great 'whoosh'! (about 4K) We also bought a premium Kohler double flush - do not recommend this at all.(8K). Bowl is too narrow & shallow, so splashes (badly!) , and if I want a relaxing (sit down) pee - my todger hits the bowl. (& I am not that big!!)

Toilet seat replacement might be easier with 2 piece units rather than single units.

12 minutes ago, G Rex said:

we bought one-piece toilets last year - American Standard single flush are very good - great 'whoosh'! (about 4K) We also bought a premium Kohler double flush - do not recommend this at all.(8K). Bowl is too narrow & shallow, so splashes (badly!) , and if I want a relaxing (sit down) pee - my todger hits the bowl. (& I am not that big!!)

Toilet seat replacement might be easier with 2 piece units rather than single units.

Dude, if you need to sit down to pee, you need to have that prostate looked at...

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude, if you need to sit down to pee, you need to have that prostate looked at...

What a load of cobblers!

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Whatever you get, make sure you can buy good replacement seats for it. 

Had my three toilets for 12 years. Seats still perfect.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Good luck finding anything with a big tank, those days are over. 

You don't need a big tank. It's more important how the flush mechanism of the toilet works.

My TOTO toilet has a 4.8l tank. 100% never any problem.

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This time I'm getting large water tanks for a good whoosh. 

Big tanks? dear oh dear, how 20th century. We're suppose to be conserving the stuff, not chucking it down the loo with gay abandon!

You don't need a big tank to get a good flush, what you need is a good flushing action. Our Verno one piece which we bought from Global about 5 years ago has a superb swirling action plus a good undertow and can deal with the largest log with aplomb. Never had a problem with it and it's very quiet as well.

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It is by choice , not necessity.  Not need , but choose - see the difference?     Unfortunately, when we were toilet shopping in Yong House , they wouldn't let me drop my strides to really test the  merchandise - lol

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Big tanks? dear oh dear, how 20th century. We're suppose to be conserving the stuff, not chucking it down the loo with gay abandon!

You don't need a big tank to get a good flush, what you need is a good flushing action. Our Verno one piece which we bought from Global about 5 years ago has a superb swirling action plus a good undertow and can deal with the largest log with aplomb. Never had a problem with it and it's very quiet as well.

Too many details but thank you. Yes, I even let the sink run when brushing teeth with a fork load of gay abandon. So is it good because it's a one piece? 

I mean they make both, so I'm thinking one is better than the other.

I have three W.C.'s, they are all 2 peace, and all 17 years old. Changed a water flap in one.

The white plastic seat cover on the expensive W.C., started to deteriorate, so after working on it, it looks like a polished wooden one, and still has soft close working........🤩

The 2 cheaper ones are "KARAT", the better one is a "nahm"

So I guess the double flush has 2 buttons for 3L/6L with plunger on top. Or the side flush lever, which seems better for a courtesy flush rather than having to reach behind to hit the flush. 

I thought all toilets flushed pretty much the same but guess I'm wrong, as you all said pick the one with good flushing mechanism. 

38 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So I guess the double flush has 2 buttons for 3L/6L with plunger on top. Or the side flush lever, which seems better for a courtesy flush rather than having to reach behind to hit the flush. 

I thought all toilets flushed pretty much the same but guess I'm wrong, as you all said pick the one with good flushing mechanism. 

What creates a good flush is more to do with the design of the bowl rather than the flushing mechanism, which is pretty much standard on all loos. That's why I like our Verno, it creates a good whirlpool action.

P. S. I stopped leaving the tap running whilst cleaning my teeth during the unprecedented drought in the summer of 1976 in the UK and I've stuck to that practice ever since.