Beach recommendations

I like the Pranburi area.  Nice clean beaches.  Quiet, slower area.  Lot's of resorts right on the beach where you don't have to cross a road to get to the beach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I am in the same boat - finally might have a few moments for the wife and I too escape for a few days... I was considering asking the same question... I have been here a long time and been to most places, but I know that places change. 

Pranburi down to Baan Saphaan has always been quiet. My thoughts at the moment that the individual resort might be the most important factor - - 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I am in the same boat - finally might have a few moments for the wife and I too escape for a few days... I was considering asking the same question... I have been here a long time and been to most places, but I know that places change. 

Pranburi down to Baan Saphaan has always been quiet. My thoughts at the moment that the individual resort might be the most important factor - - 

hua hin?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Do you plan on swimming in, or just looking ?

How far away is too far ?  Do you self drive or rely on public trans ?  Do you want easy, or inexpensive ?   How much time do you have, limited, or doesn't matter ?

Central TH ?

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

hua hin?

Spent some time in Cha'am 20 years ago - even then HH felt tight and crowded... though it might be ok to go back there as there are a couple of fancy resorts on the beach... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Do you plan on swimming in, or just looking ?

How far away is too far ?  Do you self drive or rely on public trans ?  Do you want easy, or inexpensive ?   How much time do you have, limited, or doesn't matter ?

Central TH ?

looking    8 hour limit can drive   could also fly          moderate price    3-4 days       live an hour Northeast from Phitsanulok

Edited by charleskerins
nm

Posted (edited)

some okay beaches on Koh Chang (near Trat) - but a lot of rocky ones too.

IMO Cha-am and Hua Hin are not much better than Jomtien - maybe a tad cleaner - but still open and boring. 

The best beaches I have been to in LOS were on Koh Phangnan.  Not fantastic, but look good, swimming is okay , and not too many punters.

Edited by G Rex
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, G Rex said:

some okay beaches on Koh Chang (near Trang) - but a lot of rocky ones too.

IMO Cha-am and Hua Hin are not much better than Jomtien - maybe a tad cleaner - but still open and boring. 

The best beaches I have been to in LOS were on Koh Phangnan.  Not fantastic, but look good, swimming is okay , and not too many punters.

Must have moved Koh Chang since i was last there.

Best beaches in LOS are still on Phuket.

5 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Whoops!!   sorry - I meant Trat!

On 6/2/2024 at 1:24 PM, charleskerins said:

Have not been to the beach here yet   (well Pattaya once but -no thanks)     looking for nice beach quiet clean    I am in Central Thailand    

TIA

Try Than Sadet.

42 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

looking    8 hour limit can drive   could also fly          moderate price    3-4 days       live an hour Northeast from Phitsanulok

8 hrs put a limit on options.   Takes that long at least, with no traffic, just to get to Cha Am, on the west side, maybe Bang Saen on East of Gulf.

Might want to consider hopping a plane southward, pick a non stop, as see where that gets you.    Samui, Chumphon, Krabi, Phuket airports would be 1.5 hr away from Phit airport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Phuket :cheesy:.

Can't have been to many then. Lanta has better, Phi Phi is better, Big Chang is better, Samui has some good beaches ( not Lamai ). Even Railay has a better beach than Phuket. North and East coast of Phangan better ( not Had Rin ).

Perhaps you are referring to the amount of concrete behind the beach, and the night life, in which case Chaweng has no equal.

The Gulf coast has miles of unpopulated beautiful beaches ( not counting the horrible Hua Hin ).

47 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

8 hrs put a limit on options.   Takes that long at least, with no traffic, just to get to Cha Am, on the west side, maybe Bang Saen on East of Gulf.

Might want to consider hopping a plane southward, pick a non stop, as see where that gets you.    Samui, Chumphon, Krabi, Phuket airports would be 1.5 hr away from Phit airport.

I'm going to consider it and investigate it

51 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

didnt find any non stop

There is no beach around the Gulf of Thailand that I'd go to if I wanted to get in the water.  There are just too many rivers, canals and sewage pipes that discharge into it.  The Andaman Sea is the place to go. I've read that Krabi and Railay beaches are very good and lower priced than Phuket

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Phuket :cheesy:.

Can't have been to many then. Lanta has better, Phi Phi is better, Big Chang is better, Samui has some good beaches ( not Lamai ). Even Railay has a better beach than Phuket. North and East coast of Phangan better ( not Had Rin ).

Perhaps you are referring to the amount of concrete behind the beach, and the night life, in which case Chaweng has no equal.

The Gulf coast has miles of unpopulated beautiful beaches ( not counting the horrible Hua Hin ).

I didn't say Phuket was an ideal place to holiday,but for white sand beaches there is maybe a dozen to go at on the west coast.

And yes i have been on every beach you mention and i think Koh Lak beats most of them.Everyone has their preferences and i like you have been a Thaibeachlover in the past.

PS,haven't been to Samet for 20 years but the beaches there took some beating years ago.

Edited by Kinok Farang
Spelin mistak

On 6/2/2024 at 3:24 AM, charleskerins said:

Have not been to the beach here yet   (well Pattaya once but -no thanks)     looking for nice beach quiet clean    I am in Central Thailand    

TIA

There are many quiet clean beaches, especially in the southern part. Google Street View often includes images, some even 360 degree, or actually street view-walk on some of the beaches, so you can see if they are quiet and clean.

Mind the different monsoon-seasons in the southern part – south western monsoon (May-October) on the Andaman side, and north eastern monsoon (November-January) on the gulf side – apart from rain and wind the beaches can be not-so-clean, right after a monsoon-storm.

• Like 1