Vegans

12 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

What I hate more than Vegans are people that start threads titled with a single word. How low your IQ has to be to not to be able to summarize you though with more than one word? 🤔

remember where you are friend 🙂

29 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

making your own life choices and ignoring them??????????...like an adult...seems this isnt your first rant about it..or how you seem afraid of Greta a small young girl who stands up to her beliefs instead of posting and moaning about it....but do go on..

It's very hard to ignore certain groups, LGBGT and BLM are included in this.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently inadequate intake of calcium and vit D, don't forget smokers have thinning bones

and the cure is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,   Eat your meat !  Especially Beef ..    and get out in the sun !

11 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

.same with vegans..haters gonna hate here x 1000

the grandpas here just hate it when educated younger people think about the environment and futures grandpas destroyed

next rabbit hole ....

To feed 20% of the world's population with only 7% of the world's arable land, China has a heavy reliance on chemical pesticides to maintain high-level crop yields and long-term capital gains (Li et al., 2020). China has become the world's largest consumer of chemical pesticides.

Which country uses the most pesticides?
China
Pesticide Use by Country
# Country Pesticide Use (tons)
1 China 1,763,000
2 United States 407,779

Which country is the largest producer of pesticides?        * Mainland China.
Does China still use human waste as fertilizer?
Background. Human waste is used as an agricultural fertilizer in China and elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

the feelings are mutual.

they hate you too.

vegans are mostly well-intentioned. it is actually sick that we have to kill animals for our survival.

that's the way the world was set up it seems as it appears to be quite difficult to maintain health otherwise.

i wish i didn't have to eat meat actually.

and the current meat alternatives appear to be very unhealthy and highly processed and perhaps taste like crap.

but if in the future they can create meat alternatives that are healthy and taste good, i will be happy to give up real meat. 

none of us have actually killed an animal or skinned it. we buy it prepared in plastic wrap in supermarkets.

i've never hunted and it would be hard for me to stomach killing an animal.

so there is some hypocrisy from most of us just picking up packaged ready meats. 

Says someone who eats frogs' legs 

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

frogs are going extinct.

200 frog species have gone extinct since the 70s.

pls dont eat frogs legs.

I don't and I never have 

13 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Slaughtering  animals is disgusting.

You get used to it after a while, I suggest starting with chickens before heading to cows.

I remember veganism was being pushed really hard in the West 5-10 years ago, and as far as I can tell it remains a mostly Western failed movement/ideology. It seems to have died down from what I can tell since the c00f. I remember the typical city dwelling Western vegan's holy land was Chiang Mai, which did confuse me as I think I can count Thai vegans I have met on one hand and they eat a... wide variety... of animals.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kevozman1 said:

I think I can count Thai vegans I have met on one hand

You must not know many Thai's as it is pretty popular of course in a Buddhist country.

The Thai Vegetarian festival, locally known as the Jae Festival, is a nine-day vegetarian food festival celebrated all over Thailand.

Not to mention all the Jae restaurants everywhere (the ones with the Yellow Logo) 

That aside many upcountry Thai's may eat meats but usually sparingly in a Nam Prik form. Not in Slabs like most westerners 

Jae.webp

Edited by mania
  • Thanks 1

I actually eat some vegetarian food, but it has to taste nice, curries and pasta dishes. I know the world would be better if we weren't farming for animals and concentrated more on crops for humans. I have reduced my meat intake over the past 10 years or so. 

If people don't want to eat meat or dairy products that's fine but don't preach to me that I have to do as you do.

One issue I think is odd, is that so many vegetarians/vegans eat food which is designed to look and taste like meat products, for eg. sausages and burgers. WHY!

A thing that does annoy me is that I was telling some people from the south of England about a famous fish restaurant in Whitby in the north. I said how good it was and people queued outside for tables even in bad weather. Then I looked on the web and found it only had a rating of 4.6 out of 5. I checked why this is and found all the poor reviews were from non meat eaters. If you go to fish restaurant do not expect something cooked for you special because you don't eat fish. If I went to a Vegan restaurant I would not write a poor review because they didn't have a medium rare steak on the menu.

11 hours ago, mania said:

You must not know many Thai's as it is pretty popular of course in a Buddhist country.

The Thai Vegetarian festival, locally known as the Jae Festival, is a nine-day vegetarian food festival celebrated all over Thailand.

Not to mention all the Jae restaurants everywhere (the ones with the Yellow Logo) 

That aside many upcountry Thai's may eat meats but usually sparingly in a Nam Prik form. Not in Slabs like most westerners 

Jae.webp

Absolute nonsense. Eating meat 'sparingly' or being a vegetarian is not the same as veganism. A vegan will not even have backyard chickens for eggs. A lot of religions have times for restrictions on animal products, and yes including Buddhism. Also a lot of the people who eat meat sparingly is due to affordability, just like in Europe poor people would have stews where meat was the minority of a serving. Do you know where you find vegans? In Western cities such as London, Berlin, Sydney, LA etc  Oh and one other outside of the west of course - Chiang Mai.. It would make more sense if the woo woo spiritual Vegans (who rarely last more than a few years before their health declines) would go to India. A large chunk of Hindus are vegetarians, but again not vegans, they consume a lot of dairy products.

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2024 at 3:10 AM, Thingamabob said:

Slaughtering and eating animals is disgusting.

I eat meat, only because it seems necessary to maintain good health. 

But I tend to agree that it's sick that we need to kill for our survival. 

I do hope they engineer a proper replacement for meat one day. The current meat alternatives are very unhealthy. 

If that ever happens, I will be happy to give up meat.

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

But I tend to agree that it's sick that we need to kill for our survival. 

a lot of animals eat other animals for survival. its quite a big part of the cycle of life on this planet. 

On 6/3/2024 at 6:45 AM, chrischronic said:

I see more posts and comments from people complaining about vegans then I ever see or hear from Vegans. 

How do you know if someone is vegan or vegetarian? They'll let you know 5 minutes after they walk in the room.

Unless for religious or physician recommendation it's just more virtue signaling. Usually from homosexual men and crazy women with colored hair, lots of cats and no boyfriend.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

a lot of animals eat other animals for survival. its quite a big part of the cycle of life on this planet. 

yeah, and some of those national geographic videos are more disturbing than roman polanski's rosemary's baby, the creepiest horror film ever.

clearly, its part of "nature", but wonder if God was drunk or stoned when he came up with it. 

I'm not a vegan, or a vegetarian. I do like to eat a lot of vegetables, but it needs some high protein tasty food to complement them. I have eaten some nice tasting vegetarian food ( always expensive) and a lot of greasy tasteless stuff.

If you want to go organic and back go natural methofs, you need mixed farming - animal wastes for fertisers.

On 6/2/2024 at 11:33 PM, still kicking said:

I guess I make a few enemies with that post, but I just post my opinion. Vegans are only 1 to 2 % of the world population but they are trying to tell the rest of the world how to live. They tell us not to eat meat or drink milk or consume honey or anything connected to animals, so where does that leave us? The whole world will be starving, and unemployment will be huge. No Farmers, no fishing, no bee keeping which is harming the word. Just imaging all people live on the Oceans and relay on seafood for their lives they are denied a living. 

I don't worry about vegans.  They can do whatever they wish as long as they don't interfere with my eating habits.  See - I love veggies!

steak-1445122.jpg.84ab3242ce439e444052ba0427a2a67d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like the climate change hoaxers.

Hijacked by new industries to shift wealth.

You don't need meat - eat this synthetic meat.

You don't need oil here's *renewable energy*

A dozen hot wars around the world. Millions in starvation and misery and look what THEY want YOU to be distracted by and redirect your hard earned money from to.

It's all a smokescreen.

On 6/7/2024 at 6:17 PM, rickudon said:

I'm not a vegan, or a vegetarian. I do like to eat a lot of vegetables, but it needs some high protein tasty food to complement them. I have eaten some nice tasting vegetarian food ( always expensive) and a lot of greasy tasteless stuff.

If you want to go organic and back go natural methofs, you need mixed farming - animal wastes for fertisers.

I have become increasingly aware of how expensive vegetables are compared to proteins. My veg budget has outstripped what i spend on meat in the past few years.

asparagus, avocados or even bell peppers are waaaay more expensive than chicken

What narrow minded retards inhabit this forum... Thete are billions of people in the world who have a vegan/ vegetarian diet who live healthy lives...You can keep yer boring old farty sausage and pie grandpas.

• Love It 1

You are all wrong to eat meat.  Almost every philosophical system in the world forbids it.  Aside from religion and nihilism.  But both of those are thought suicide that promote 'not thinking'.  Any thinking man that really spends time thinking about killing a sentient being would come to a conclusion that it is murder.  Eating meat is for savages.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

You are all wrong to eat meat.  Almost every philosophical system in the world forbids it.  Aside from religion and nihilism.  But both of those are thought suicide that promote 'not thinking'.  Any thinking man that really spends time thinking about killing a sentient being would come to a conclusion that it is murder.  Eating meat is for savages.

Thats why vegans are only 1to2 %of the world 98 % of the world's population is wrong?