Pita Declares His Readiness to Succeed Srettha as Prime Minister

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

He IS the Prime Minister of Thailand.

HE and his Party won the popular vote.

Srettha is nothing but a puppet and a charlatan. 

Pitha is the only hope at moving this country forward for a change.

bob.

If he doesn’t do nobody will

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

There are plenty of examples everywhere - Australia currently for instance, Germany, Netherlands, Italy ...  - where a government can be formed ONLY through coalition because no party has received over 50% of the popular vote. Indeed, that is the norm throughout all properly functioning democracies. One party winning more than 50% of the popular vote is rare.

But in all those countries, the party with the most votes gets to form the coalition.

Edited by CallumWK
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

He IS the Prime Minister of Thailand.

HE and his Party won the popular vote.

Srettha is nothing but a puppet and a charlatan. 

Pitha is the only hope at moving this country forward for a change.

bob.

The way the results of the last "democratic" election were swept aside and pushed under the carpet is nothing short of disgusting.

It's almost as bad as letting criminals hold posts as politicians, although some might argue that in a country as corrupt as Thailand, that is what is needed - someone who knows the ropes and the dodgy dealings. I am sure that Pita has  learnt his lesson about the "dirty tricks" that can be, and have been used in the past, and will use this knowledge to his and the MFP to their advantage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Tony will be jumping up and down maybe so much that he will be re admitted to the police hospital for streets and an unhealthy heartbeat 

"Streets"?

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Should read...

"Pita Limjaroenrat, a key member of the Move Forward Party (MFP) and former prime minister elect..."

No, just as in Western parliamentary democracies (UK, Oz, NZ, Canada, Germany ... ), The People do not elect the PM. They elect members of the Lower House and the members of the Lower House then form a government (usually by forming a coalition, as I have explained above) and the members of the main party in the governmental coalition then elect their Leader who becomes the PM.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dinsdale said:

The royalty, the military and the elite will not stand for progressive change in this country. 

Agree 100% just how much of taxpayers money does 'HE' get yearly, and never pays Tax or for anything. We will never be allowed to know it might lead to criticism, can't have that in the land of the free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

No. The party with the most votes gets FIRST GO at forming a government. If - after some time - it fails to do so (because no other party wants to join them) then the 2nd-most-voted party gets to have a go at forming a coalition ... which is what happened here last year.

Those who still don't understand might want to look at the Netherlands where the extreme-right party 'won' the election months and months ago ... ie it won the most votes of any party but not enough seats in the Parliament to form a government. And since then it has been unable to form a coalition because of the same issues you find in Thailand - policy & personal differences and jobs-for-the-boys (oh, and even a few girls). Meantime the country is without effective government ...

The Netherlands PVV party already formed a coalition.

Nowhere in any democratic country in the world, the army has the last word in who forms the coalition, and that is what you still don't want to understand for obvious reasons

4 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

The Netherlands PVV party already formed a coalition.

PVV  - the extreme right party - received 23% of the vote on 22Nov23. It gained 37 seats out of 150 in the Dutch House of Representatives which was the most seats of any party. It then took until 16May24 for a new coalition government to be formed.

8 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Nowhere in any democratic country in the world, the army has the last word in who forms the coalition, and that is what you still don't want to understand for obvious reasons

I agree with your first part. Why you feel the need to add an insulting second part is beyond my understanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallumWK said:

But in all those countries, the party with the most votes gets to form the coalition.

usually.

16 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I agree with your first part. Why you feel the need to add an insulting second part is beyond my understanding.

That you consider the word obvious as an insult, in your case, speaks for itself.

Using the words EXTREME right, for a party which didn't resort to any extreme action, just adds to it all.

27 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I'm sorry but I still don't understand why you imply that I am in favour of fascisto-military government, in Thailand or anywhere else.

For your information, if I had been Thai I would have voted for MFP at the election last year.

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

This man is good looking.  If anything, he should be elected for his looks and brain.  

The man exudes integrity.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

No, just as in Western parliamentary democracies (UK, Oz, NZ, Canada, Germany ... ), The People do not elect the PM. They elect members of the Lower House and the members of the Lower House then form a government (usually by forming a coalition, as I have explained above) and the members of the main party in the governmental coalition then elect their Leader who becomes the PM.

OK got it. 👍

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

This man is good looking.  If anything, he should be elected for his looks and brain.  

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

The man exudes integrity.

Both true...and highly intelligent with top shelf education at Harvard and MIT. The man is a free and critical thinker. A visionary. 

• Like 2

Pita Declares His Readiness to Succeed Srettha as Prime Minister.  

Good luck  you gonna need it .

Couldn't do any worse than the Puppet on a String  that they've got now.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

Pita now trolling Srettha. This is gonna be goooood.

Yep, I see it as a deliberate wind-up. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, paymaster said:

I enjoy your correct and pragmatic approach to the bare facts in this and subsequent posts on this topic. It's a pity that Bob and Dinsdale don't seem to get it. I agree with their views in general also but yours is pragmatic. 

But what MFD101 doesn't mention is that Pheu Thai campaigned on the promise they would never join the junta backed parties.

How many people would have voted for them if they had announced before the election they were willing to join the junta parties?

They deceived the public, skewering the results of the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

Pheu Thai campaigned on the promise they would never join the junta backed parties.

How many people would have voted for them if they had announced before the election they were willing to join the junta parties?

They deceived the public, skewering the results of the election.

It may surprise you but I agree.

However, ALL politicians tell lies or misrepresent issues or mislead The People when it suits them. In general, politicians who tell the truth and the whole truth all the time would NEVER get elected. By anyone.

The world is complex and grey. The People can stand only so much truth.

Unless they throw him into political prison, and not the penthouse-remand-prison type of prison reserved for elderly billionaires on their death-beds.  Of course not.