What, if anything, would make you move back Home?

2 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

2bitbaht. oxygen thief. 

2baht would run rings around you, Chumpo.

you aren't fit to lace his boots!

know your place and show some damn respect you belligerent swine!

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Well, this thread, like all of boob's posts, has definitely earned its one-star. It's started out as being a complete waste of space and it is still delivering. 

that's because people like YOU have offered nothing productive to add to the discourse in any meaningful way..

All you have done (rather successfully I may add) is troll it with your incessant drivel and constant deflections. 

This thread was started with a serious question, but as usual you have managed to derail it with your mindless bickering and half-witted, smarmy remarks.

Kudos to you for winning the AN tosser of the day award!

bob. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I would never move back to the US. I would leave Thailand if the taxes got stupid. Of course the Missus would want to go along. Possibly somewhere in northern Europe like Scotland or  Ireland.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

stop deflecting and answer the question.

if you are not a Thai citizen, nor have PR status then you cannot call Thailand your home.

bob.

I can call things what they are! I have been living in Thailand; embrace its culture and its people and haven't lived for the last 21 years in my country of birth.

I was born in Birmingham but I have had homes in at least ten other cities in England and wherever I lived it was home!

Now I live here and it IS home! I have a certificate of residence that means I am not a guest or casual visitor but a resident. And I am planning to stay here because I have a stable life!

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

Now I live here and it IS home! I have a certificate of residence that means I am not a guest or casual visitor but a resident. And I am planning to stay here because I have a stable life!

what visa are you on?

bob.

Posted (edited)

to the title ...

... dog, daughter & wife would have to die, for me to leave TH.  As then no real reason to stay, though not sure I'd leave even then.  Would take year or 3, after I liquidated to travel around a bit, USA and few other places; Cuba, Belize, Costa Rico, Puerto Rico, RU & CH.   That would take a couple years.

No real desire to live in the USA again, as did that for 45 yrs already, and most places don't get better with time :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

that's because people like YOU have offered nothing productive to add to the discourse in any meaningful way..

All you have done (rather successfully I may add) is troll it with your incessant drivel and constant deflections. 

This thread was started with a serious question, but as usual you have managed to derail it once again with your mindless bickering and half-witted, smarmy remarks.

Kudos to you for winning the AN tosser of the day award!

bob. 

Thank you bob. Much love to you too. Have a wonderful day and go a bit easier on the drink if you can. Stay great. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Thank you bob. Much love to you too. Have a wonderful day and go a bit easier on the drink if you can. Stay great. 

tail between the legs time, is it?

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

tail between the legs time, is it?

bob.

no, just bored of the feeble and uninspiring responses from you and your 2bitbaht disciple. but I still love you and ill be awaiting your next installment of drivel with bated breath. 

Just now, ChumpChange said:

but I still love you

you could've fooled me!!

but if that is the case then I forgive your previous ramblings..

well, forgive might be a stretch, but I will tolerate you, maybe..

bob.

Just now, bob smith said:

you could've fooled me!!

but if that is the case then I forgive your previous ramblings..

well, forgive might be a stretch, but I will tolerate you, maybe..

bob.

an antagonist is never complete without a nemesis. Sherlock and his heroin addiction would be so pedestrian without Moriarty.

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

if you are not a Thai citizen, nor have PR status then you cannot call Thailand your home.

bob.

Yes, you can. Married with Thai wife, 2 children here, am working, above 50. I can pick and choose between several visas as I have enough money for each of them.

• Haha 1

indeed. 

Cambodia is/will be the new expat hub if and when these ridiculous tax laws come into force.

bob.

Good to hear.... Thailand will  be better off without you and your kind here.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bob smith said:

bob.

serious reply: if you live in one place for the majority of your life then that place should be considered your home, if you so chose to call it that. 

think about all those Mexicans born in the USA without papers, who are now adults and have never stepped foot inside Mexico, but are still deemed illegal immigrants in the USA? where should they call home?

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cambodia is/will be the new expat hub if and when these ridiculous tax laws come into force.

bob.

Nobody wants to admit it, but the new Thai tax laws are actually extremely fair. If you live 183 days in Spain per year (or many other countries in the world as a retiree) then you would be taxed you on your worldwide income. But Thailand only plans to tax you on money you actually bring into Thailand. So if you earn $10 million outside of Thailand, but only bring in 10 Baht per year then you are only taxed on 10 Baht. So you are much better off in Thailand with the new tax laws than you would be in many other places. Also, you can still bring in the first 210,000 Baht per year fully tax free, and for some people it's even more. 

Edited by ChumpChange

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

serious reply: if you live in one place for the majority of your life then that place should be considered your home, if you so chose to call it that.

serious reply:

you can never call a place that can refuse your next visa extension/application/whatever at the drop of a hat, home.

that is not home.

unless you are a holder of PR or a citizen you are a Non-Immigrant and always will be!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

serious reply:

you can never call a place the can refuse your next visa extension/application/whatever at the drop of a hat, home.

that is not home.

unless you are a holder of PR or a citizen you are a Non-Immigrant and always will be!

bob.

semantics. so it's home until it's not home. if you live somewhere for 40 years, and then get deported, or denied a visa renewal, then it was your home for the 40 years up until that point. 

Papa was a rolling stone, (my son) 
Wherever he laid his hat was his home...