What, if anything, would make you move back Home?

1 hour ago, hankypankee said:

Thank you for confirming what I already thought. Are you also dealing with a cognitive disability or is that just your heavy alcoholism?

Are you a doctor by any chance, or just another regular dude who makes assumptions without any knowledge? How do you know I have a heavy alcoholism? Just because I post here once in a while that I take a few beers?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I realised long time ago already that some (or many) members here are not capable to answer the most simple questions but prefer to answer with a question. There might be a lack of brain I'd say. 

However, don't be upset. They cannot match you.

Some questions deserves to be questioned! 

So what do you think 🤔 

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

you can't even answer a simple question, can you?

Chump by name, Chump by nature.

bob.

I realised long time ago already that some (or many) members here are not capable to answer the most simple questions but prefer to answer with a question. There might be a lack of brain I'd say. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some questions deserves to be questioned! 

So what do you think 🤔 

In this case there was a simple answer expected to a simple question. 

17 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

There might be a lack of brain I'd say. 

you should change your name to 'wannabee2022'

bob.

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

In this case there was a simple answer expected to a simple question. 

You know Thailand, and you might know some of the people who lives here, and frequently visits. Maybe we have to high expectations? 

I will stay until the girlfriend leaves me.  After that I will go back home for a while to cut all ties.  Because I don't want them to keep tapping me for money.  "You said you would pay for the water purifier remember."  "My sisters cousin' baby needs a new school uniform".

I will go home and take a rest.  Then come back at a later date.

The boiling hot weather.

Being treated as a tourist/atm machine always and forever.

New tax on bringing money into the country.

Parole like immigration reporting system.

The roads.

Lack of intellectual stimulation.

18 hours ago, bob smith said:

Is there anything that would make you leave Thailand for your homeland?

do you miss anything about it?

I'm in a curious mood this morning..

bob.

Taxes!

Unfortunately for many going home isn't an alternative because of finances. In the US things have changed dramatically in the last 5 yrs making the move virtually impossible for many. I suspect these are the same individuals who constantly berate the US.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a house in the US on the outskirts of a quaint little city and been keeping it empty just in case an unexpected event occurs, I go back once a year for a few weeks to check up on things, though I don’t foresee a permanent return and will probably sell it in the near future. If things go south between me and my wife, which I doubt will happen, I’ll most likely stay here or move to S. Korea or Japan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BigBruv said:

The boiling hot weather.

Being treated as a tourist/atm machine always and forever.

New tax on bringing money into the country.

Parole like immigration reporting system.

The roads.

Lack of intellectual stimulation.

Add flooding, albeit deliberately inflicted. Although none for 10 years previously there were two consecutive years when we needed boats to access our homes. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You can't afford to leave ????

This is why I think it's better NOT to sell all your assests in farangland 

KEEP your house there !!!

That's why they moved. Could not afford the house. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper

On 6/5/2024 at 9:31 AM, bob smith said:

Is there anything that would make you leave Thailand for your homeland?

do you miss anything about it?

I'm in a curious mood this morning..

bob.

don't you brag every other day you go f around in other countries, why don't you stay there and away from this forum with your nonsense bullcrap stories in your head

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

I have a house in the US on the outskirts of a quaint little city and been keeping it empty just in case an unexpected event occurs, I go back once a year for a few weeks to check up on things, though I don’t foresee a permanent return and will probably sell it in the near future. If things go south between me and my wife, which I doubt will happen, I’ll most likely stay here or move to S. Korea or Japan. 

hope you don't get illegal squatters then... hard to kick them out

what is in or better in s korea or japan?  do they allow old farts like us easy ?

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

You know Thailand, and you might know some of the people who lives here, and frequently visits. Maybe we have to high expectations? 

I'm here since decades and find now the kids of those dumbest I met when I entered the first time.😂

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, john donson said:

hope you don't get illegal squatters then... hard to kick them out

Not in the area of my house, that winged nut nonsense isn’t tolerated, the cops would haul them away in a snap.

5 minutes ago, john donson said:

what is in or better in s korea or japan? 

I just really like S. Korea and Japan.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, not gonna go with that. You can continue all you want, because that´s what you do.

You know, I just sit back and take a beer more. Have a nice day Mr Trans

Gottfrid....I watched them all drinking in the View Talay at Jomtien at 8am on a beautiful morning drinking beer by the pool.

I had the condo room overlooking the pool , I watched at the window every morning them drinking alcohol 

You must stop 🛑 alcohol immediately 

This is the curse of all evil according I believe the bible? and please don't quote me but I believe it is 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Gottfrid....I watched them all drinking in the View Talay at Jomtien at 8am on a beautiful morning drinking beer by the pool.

I had the condo room overlooking the pool , I watched at the window every morning them drinking alcohol 

You must stop 🛑 alcohol immediately 

This is the curse of all evil according I believe the bible? and please don't quote me but I believe it is 

Why would I stop alcohol immediately? Because you see the same people drinking everyday from window watching in your condo? I was taking a few beer yesterday. Today I don´t. I also work everyday for about 8-10 hours. Why would you have problem with me and my intake of beer? I am fully grown up, so I am pretty sure I can handle my life without a self proclaimed extra daddy.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why would I stop alcohol immediately? Because you see the same people drinking everyday from window watching in your condo? I was taking a few beer yesterday. Today I don´t. I also work everyday for about 8-10 hours. Why would you have problem with me and my intake of beer? I am fully grown up, so I am pretty sure I can handle my life without a self proclaimed extra daddy.

Because different parts of society may not agree with it and you could offend them eg people of the Muslim religion 

I had to apologise recently to a big english lady whose young kids were swimming near me in the Arcadia beach resort .

She came over to me to tell me I must move over to the other pool as it's not appropriate for a older man to be near her children.

Unfortunately they swam near me first and kept swimming near me , but I immediately apologised to her and left the pool and one must be careful not to offend others 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Because different parts of society may not agree with it and you could offend them eg people of the Muslim religion 

I had to apologise recently to a big english lady whose young kids were swimming near me in the Arcadia beach resort .

She came over to me to tell me I must move over to the other pool as it's not appropriate for a older man to be near her children.

Unfortunately they swam near me but I immediately apologised to her and left the pool.

you should've told the fat cow to get stuffed and the muslims to mind their own business.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately they swam near me but I immediately apologised to her and left the pool.

Are you for real? Should i stop drink my beers, just because the Muslim society will not approve? They lost their right to approve anything I do, by creating terrorist networks and cells all over the world, and killing innocent people wherever they go. As well as setting up their own Sharia laws in other countries and asks to be respected. Really? Do you think such people can make me stop drink beer?

After that, you moved from a pool to another, just because some mother told you that it was not appropriate to swim with her children. Yeah, it can be two things here. Either she was right and you made advances, or she was a fat British cow that should just sit down and shut up. However, you on the other hand, just accepted your faith and walked away with the tail between your legs.