Khao San Road in a Frenzy as Authorities Crack Down on Laughing Gas

webfact

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

In general I really don't understand taking or consuming/inhaling any drugs.

What is wrong with someone not being able to enjoy life without? Is virtual reality or fantasy at last your lived reality?

Maybe I'm too old and know too much about drugs and their side effects or brain damages. 🙏

I don't think age has much to do with it. Some people including me at 70 are not averse to taking a drug to enhance pleasure in life. Weed in fairly small amounts is about all I require these days. I assume you are also a non drinker, because if not, you are being hypocritical saying that you don't understand people taking drugs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

What is wrong with someone not being able to enjoy life without? Is virtual reality or fantasy at last your lived reality?

Maybe I'm too old and know too much about drugs and their side effects or brain damages. 🙏

It sounds like you should be prescribed laughing gas.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

It sounds like you should be prescribed laughing gas.

38 minutes ago, Spock said:

I don't think age has much to do with it. Some people including me at 70 are not averse to taking a drug to enhance pleasure in life. Weed in fairly small amounts is about all I require these days. I assume you are also a non drinker, because if not, you are being hypocritical saying that you don't understand people taking drugs.

You're right. My brain functions are perfect because of no drugs (no alc). But I can see you're still able to write. Still.

No further comment 🙏

41 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

'Laughing Gas Officer? Not me. I just like whipped cream'

image.png.344d5bc0be5d9013c2fdd8121ee1dc75.png

One of my jobs as a kid was working in a restaurant, one of the bus boys had passed out in the walk in frig after sampling too many whipped cream cans.

3 hours ago, alanrchase said:

The sale of nitrous oxide is illegal in Thailand.

No it isn't. You can buy whippets of it online and in restaurant supply stores all over the country. You can but 6m3 tanks of it from gas supply companies or online. It make be illegal to sell it in balloons for the purpose of people inhaling it but N20 is definitely not illegal in Thailand.

3 hours ago, ricklev said:

The vendors are conveniently located within 100 meters of the police station making the crackdown easy. 

And they say it's still been going on since the last 'crackdown' in February. And it still took them four months to mount another 'crackdown'. In most other posts by Admin the police 'rush to the scene' 😄

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It doesn't matter. They just make it up as they go. Daily, another crackdown. The RTP. The crackdown crackpots.

the hub of crackdowns ? it's no laughing matter. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Another officer reinforced this viewpoint, noting that changing sales tactics to avoid detection will not absolve businesses from their responsibilities.

Selling openly on a crowded street is an interesting way to try to avoid detection 🙄

Who would want to chance this inhaling laughing gas

What does it do to the body?

Laughing gas, sold in metal canisters, is frequently used as a recreational drug. It is inhaled, often using a balloon.

The gas can make people relaxed, giggly, light-headed or dizzy.

It can also cause headaches and make some users anxious or paranoid; too much nitrous oxide can make a person faint or lose consciousness.

Intensive, frequent use of laughing gas can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which can cause neurological damage, according to a government report quoting several scientific studies.

The most common early symptoms of neurological damage are tingling and numbness in the hands or feet.

Other early symptoms of neurological damage caused by laughing gas include "skin crawling, and later, staggering, uncoordinated walk[ing], lower limb weakness, muscles stiffening or tightening, overactive or overresponsive bodily reflexes such as twitching, bladder/bowel complaints of incontinence or retention, and sexual dysfunction", according to the report.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Thanks Purd you just won me 100bt.

I bet my mate that by post no. 15 there would be at least one from a sanctimonious dopehead deflecting to the evils of alcohol.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, is their ONLY distraction from weed.

6 hours ago, ricklev said:

The vendors are conveniently located within 100 meters of the police station making the crackdown easy. 

yet they continued to sell it after they were previously busted months before.

Has to be the least anti-social recreational drug used in clubs.  Nowhere near as annoying as tobacco or vapes, and I guess less addictive than hard drugs.  Cheaper too.

And the people I saw inhaling the balloons in Khao San clubs last month didn't seem to exhibit any noticeable effects at all ..... it's probably a milder 'drug' than than the alcohol I was consuming.

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Has to be the least anti-social recreational drug used in clubs.  Nowhere near as annoying as tobacco or vapes, and I guess less addictive than hard drugs.  Cheaper too.

And the people I saw inhaling the balloons in Khao San clubs last month didn't seem to exhibit any noticeable effects at all ..... it's probably a milder 'drug' than than the alcohol I was consuming.

Yes, it is milder than alcohol, as long as you don't breathe it in pure enough form to asphyxiate yourself. Besides the cartridges made for aerosol whipping cream, It's primarily used as a mild dental anesthetic with sedative properties, although not in Thailand. It's also used in hot rods as a power boosting agent, as well as a rocket fuel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Who would want to chance this inhaling laughing gas

What does it do to the body?

Laughing gas, sold in metal canisters, is frequently used as a recreational drug. It is inhaled, often using a balloon.

The gas can make people relaxed, giggly, light-headed or dizzy.

It can also cause headaches and make some users anxious or paranoid; too much nitrous oxide can make a person faint or lose consciousness.

Intensive, frequent use of laughing gas can lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which can cause neurological damage, according to a government report quoting several scientific studies.

The most common early symptoms of neurological damage are tingling and numbness in the hands or feet.

Other early symptoms of neurological damage caused by laughing gas include "skin crawling, and later, staggering, uncoordinated walk[ing], lower limb weakness, muscles stiffening or tightening, overactive or overresponsive bodily reflexes such as twitching, bladder/bowel complaints of incontinence or retention, and sexual dysfunction", according to the report.

It's relatively harmless in the form used in bars. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_(medication)

5 hours ago, Guitar God said:

No it isn't. You can buy whippets of it online and in restaurant supply stores all over the country. You can but 6m3 tanks of it from gas supply companies or online. It make be illegal to sell it in balloons for the purpose of people inhaling it but N20 is definitely not illegal in Thailand.

Whippets used for whipped cream require a permit to legally be sold. It is illegal for them to be sold and used as a recreational drug, however commonly they may be actually used. If someone buys legal food grade nitrous whippets and serves them for intoxicating purposes in a bar they are breaking the law. Here's what you didn't bother to read: "Nitrous oxide is a prohibited substance under the Narcotics Act, and those engaged in the production and distribution of such substances without proper authorization face imprisonment for up to five years and fines not exceeding 10,000 Baht.". It's primary use in other countries is as a dental anesthetic/sedative. It's not used for that anywhere in Thailand. So before you next embarrass yourself with baseless comments you might want to take a minute to look things up. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Whippets used for whipped cream require a permit to legally be sold. It is illegal for them to be sold and used as a recreational drug, however commonly they may be actually used. If someone buys legal food grade nitrous whippets and serves them for intoxicating purposes in a bar they are breaking the law. Here's what you didn't bother to read: "Nitrous oxide is a prohibited substance under the Narcotics Act, and those engaged in the production and distribution of such substances without proper authorization face imprisonment for up to five years and fines not exceeding 10,000 Baht.". It's primary use in other countries is as a dental anesthetic/sedative. It's not used for that anywhere in Thailand. So before you next embarrass yourself with baseless comments you might want to take a minute to look things up. 

YARN | I say whip it | Devo - Whip It | Video clips by quotes | 67d3a76d | 紗

21 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Do you drink alcohol. I bet you do! It is just the usual do what I say don't do what I do hypocrisy 

Posted (edited)

This crime is not funny! 

If the cops don't do something about it, then this crime will balloon out of control.   

Everyone will then laugh at the cops.   

The cops need to whip it now!  

Edited by radiochaser

On 6/7/2024 at 4:14 PM, steven100 said:

yes ...  they don't want anyone laughing 

They used to laugh without gas, now they're smoking dope getting paranoia and need to blow up balloons and suck nitrous oxide, it's crazy, now bungee jumping without a cord is returning to Pattaya, it's sad maybe the airlines could offer special fares and free jumping lessons, sorry to be sinicle but It's a fast increasing sport again. 

• Like 1