Am I really a handsome man?

14 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

I only get called 

" Handsome Man " in low season from May until October the rest of the year the ladies just completely ignore me 

Do Thai ladies use the word Handsome? I don't think so.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, hankypankee said:

Thai women often tell me I’m a handsome man. Do you think they really mean it? I don’t go to bars. Most of the women telling me this are just in normal places like shopping malls, 7-11s, and local stores or restaurants. Often it’s just out of nowhere. I’m just an average looking guy. Never considered myself handsome. And I am a bit shy, so I’m not the kind of guy who goes around chatting up a lot of women. So I don’t feel like I’m encouraging them to say this. Do you think they maybe they wanting me to approach them for a romantic relationship when they say this to me? I can’t really tell. 

Obviously the first thing is ATM. I have asked this question many times in 35 years. I do think they are attracted to some men more than others. I could tell you my reasons but people on here would just slag me off

16 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

หล่อ doesn't have a "r" in it.

There are lots of transliterations that have a non existent 'r' in them.  'T' also.  Such as Ratchaburi has no 't' in it.

18 hours ago, hankypankee said:

Thai women often tell me I’m a handsome man. Do you think they really mean it? I don’t go to bars. Most of the women telling me this are just in normal places like shopping malls, 7-11s, and local stores or restaurants. Often it’s just out of nowhere. I’m just an average looking guy. Never considered myself handsome. And I am a bit shy, so I’m not the kind of guy who goes around chatting up a lot of women. So I don’t feel like I’m encouraging them to say this. Do you think they maybe they wanting me to approach them for a romantic relationship when they say this to me? I can’t really tell. 

Really!? Thai women comes out of nowhere and just tell you that you are handsome. No, they are not! Sorry to burst your bubble, but that it not at all included in a behavioral pattern or cultural ways for a regular, not bar or massage working, Thai woman. I am pretty sure, what we have here is Thai women working in the shops where you buy things. Not like you sit drink a coffee and a Thai girl just shows up, and tell you your are handsome. The ones that tells you this, just wants you to keep on shopping or come back next time.

But, please by all means, approach them with your delusions and try your romantic whip. Just be prepared that they might have a bigger whip and knows how to use it. 

• Agree 1

Are you white, breathing, walking and have money.  Then, no matter what you are a hansum man.

For a lot of the women, I think it is their way of starting a conversation.

image.jpeg.5999a1cdc6fd279711afc0ef7556bcd1.jpeg

Edited by kingstonkid

19 hours ago, hankypankee said:

I think they mean it.

• Haha 1

I hear it all the time. With my flowning golden locks and cleanly defined musculature on my lean frame together with a perfectly sized and shaped Pole of Love I am referred to as Adonis in the West, so I would assume that Hansum Man is their equivalent.

I believe it yes, as I hear it from women of all ages. As I am now past 40 though, I'm guessing I will start to hear it less and less over time, especially if I get fat or lose my hair.

8 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I believe it yes, as I hear it from women of all ages. As I am now past 40 though, I'm guessing I will start to hear it less and less over time, especially if I get fat or lose my hair.

Now they start to call me papa😂😂😂

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Don't get too carried away.....we all look the same to Thai girls.

Are you saying that the average older farang, with the tattoos. big belly etc look the same to Thai girls as me? When I first came to Thailand I never frequented bars or Beach Road, I never even knew what a barfine was.

I did date plenty of girls, mainly office girls of market stall girls, and I would bet none of them would have dated the average guy over 50.

17 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

A couple of important points to note:

1 - Culture & threshold for compliments
Thai culture compared to Western culture means that people are much more willing / likely to give a compliment to strangers.  So back in the west, unless it's some cat calling US construction worker, it's very unlikely anyone would give a compliment to a stranger, but in Thailand it seems the norm, especially with Farang.  My son, who is 9 and half Thai, has had random strangers tell him that he's handsome etc in 7/11 or at the traffic lights since he was about 4 or 5.  With compliments being more the norm, it means that there's a lower standard required to illicit a comment compared to in the west (e.g. They'll compliment anyone who's decent looking, not just models).

2 - Different standards of Beauty
Within Thailand having a bridge on your nose and white / pale skin are considered very desirable features.  Comparatively no one really cares about either that much in the west because the majority of Caucasians have the same look.  So assuming you're Caucasian, you're already ahead of the curve and will be seen as handsome provided you're not overweight (If overweight, they'll call you cute instead lol) or wearing a nasty scowl across your face, then you'll probably be called handsome as a compliment, doesn't mean they're interested in jumping you though.

" because the majority of Caucasians have the same look."  nope

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

I hear it all the time. With my flowning golden locks and cleanly defined musculature on my lean frame together with a perfectly sized and shaped Pole of Love I am referred to as Adonis in the West, so I would assume that Hansum Man is their equivalent.

Ya  got   a   lot   of BS

New profile. Obviously a wind up. You are probably one of the idiots who post rubbish like Bob Smith or georgegeorgia or even Bignok under a different profile

Edited by jimn

Beuty is universal, however what individuals see in the blinc of an eye might differ out of many reasons. 

Thai tv beuty I do not see at all, I like dark Isaan girls, long black hair, dangerous black eyes, who can melt a hearth when they smile to you. Above 55 kg and 163cm, thats my preferences. 

I also like Nordic girls, Philippines, latin american, or maybe better say, I like girls who are above 55kg and 163cm. 

When my standards is met visually it more comes down to their personality and behaviour. 

What Thai girls see in a foreigner? Who is alot older, often double and triple their weight, becomes a mystery the day today. 

Well back to your question. Many women like to flirt, make you comfortable, joke with you, get attention, and maybe some of them want a man like you. 

You need to get some confidence, and do not think to much