Wise.com difficulties. Need new Foregn Exchange agency.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Using WISE since six years (January 2018). Can't tell exactly when I switched to app preferred (after website).

EUR from WISE account (Belgian IBAN) to Bangkok Bank.

Never "instant"/"in seconds" because I select purpose long term stay in Thailand.

Money usually arrives next day as international transfer (FTT).

Obviously context means very little.

You need to show me where I mentiond transfers.

9 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Wise identified my laptop as "suspicious" even though it's the same one I always use. They also misidentified the operating system as Windows 10. I did get the email they sent to verify the account. Then I found my bank's connection to Plaid had been cut. I managed to reconnect but the process was  a hassle. The transfer did come through in seconds however.

Maybe your IP address changed or maybe do you use a VPN

I use a VPN and I have to confirm connection in Wise App whenever I get connected to Wise PC

4 hours ago, NowNow said:

Only abrupt in your mind. 

If I had written "I say old chap, I've had experience with this blah blah blah..." you may have found offence elsewhere.

How you perceive my post is down to you.

In the event, I was referring to my experience with iPhones. I don't have experience with Android. 

It appears that for Android it appears that the process can involve creating a new Google account and then using a VPN with that. 

I think the reason for creating a new account is that Google only allows you to change the country once per annum.

Nobody has any experience with android. Androd belongs to google but is open source code and every phone manufacturer tailors the code to suit their device.

It cannot be said with any certainty that what happens on one phone will be the same on another.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

For WISE? No. And don't access with a VPN!

I had two problems in recent time with logging on.

The first one was due to the fact that I forgot to switch OFF the US VPN on the mobile.

So it was "suspicious" after years of logging on with Thai IP.

The second one was at my usual unsociable hour of about 5:30 AM.

This was indeed a problem at WISE as they showed on their status site.

https://status.wise.com/

(see June 12 and planned maintenance for tomorrow)

Apart from that I cross my fingers. No unusual problems.

Fee rise is always unwelcome but still moderate.

I don't know what that is but seems unrelated to WISE?

And you don't consider you have a problem with the laptop and/or network connection?

I am using a VPN both on my phone and my laptop and never had any problem with Wise

• Agree 1

OP - if you say Wise emails are not arriving, are you sure there's not a simple spelling error in the email address?

That would need to be correct for the verification process to work: i.e. you might need  to click a link in the email to verify.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

Is it so difficult for you to work out? The charge is for the transfer from the Thai Revolut to the K Bank. Have you got that now, wasn't too difficult was it?

Why so angry? Did someone pee in your beer? 

AFAIK there used to be a charge to convert from £ to THB. Has that changed? If not, then the charges are going to be a lot more than 49 baht.

Since I don't use WISE, I thought to ask you about the process. But that seems to have sent you into an apopletic frenzy.

56 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Many are recommending Remitly. I haven't tried them yet but intend to next time I need to transfer. Cheaper than Wise l believe.

I tried Remitly and it worked perfectly, money in Bkk Bank in seconds. But no good if you need the transfer to show as an International one for Immigration purposes.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:11 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Have you been able to log in on any other devices such as your phone?

I do not use an Iphone.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

My guess is that they have a different e-mail address for you. I mostly use just one, but one time I gave my other address to a site and forgot. I thought I was having the same problem as you but then remembered to check the other address and there was the reset from the site.

I had the same idea but the helpline staff ignored my suggestion, I suspect her technical knowledge was insufficient. I had occasion just after opening the account to correct my EMail address and I wonder if their system has reverted to this incorrect EMAil.. It may be significant that, after their upgrade last December, the payment notifications which I used to get stopped abruptly.

2 hours ago, Maybole said:

I do not use an Iphone.

Who cares? You are not the op, nor are you your person I responded to. 

But, in lieu of anyone else making a gargantuan boomer comment - if you want to get by, learn to get by. 

In your case [Maypole] semaphore is now also considered an outdated means of communication.

IF you have a AMERICAN BANK CARD, check with your bank to see how much your cost will be.  MY bank charges me between $3 and $5 for each transfer to Thailand - depending on transfer amount.  I get the  exchange rate that's shown on XE Currency converter almost 100% of the time.

Only ONE stop at bank, money deposited - transfered STRAIGHT to Thai bank account, do not touch money until POSTED IN YOUR THAI ACCOUNT.  I usually draw monies from banks ATM after the transfer - immediately available.

15 hours ago, NowNow said:

Why so angry? Did someone pee in your beer? 

AFAIK there used to be a charge to convert from £ to THB. Has that changed? If not, then the charges are going to be a lot more than 49 baht.

Since I don't use WISE, I thought to ask you about the process. But that seems to have sent you into an apopletic frenzy.

As I wouldn't drink beer if it were free, your assumption is somewhat misplaced.

Yes, there is a charge normally, for exchanging £ to THB, but, as I made clear in my previous post, I don't get charged for the exchange within the App. The only charge is the transfer of those BHT to the Thai Bank, which as stated, is between 45 and 49 THB each time. There is of course, a possibility I get privileged transactions, but if such is the case, I don't remember such an offer being made. 

Look up www.Revolut.com 

I have had zero problems with Wise. But then I always use the phone app. 

But for people do have problems, maybe the issue is that they are using the web app on a PC, which is less secure so Wise is throwing more security measures up. 

I realize some of you are concerned that someone will hack your phone or something. This basically ain’t gonna happen. Your phone is the most secure way to do anything, particularly if you have an iPhone. 

6 hours ago, edwardflory said:

IF you have a AMERICAN BANK CARD, check with your bank to see how much your cost will be.  MY bank charges me between $3 and $5 for each transfer to Thailand - depending on transfer amount.  

Are you using a debit card issued by a US bank?  How do you use it to transfer to Thailand?

I ask because I used to do a "cash advance" at a Bangkok bank teller using my US debit card, but now BBL bank has stopped providing that service.

7 hours ago, Surasak said:

As I wouldn't drink beer if it were free, your assumption is somewhat misplaced.

Yes, there is a charge normally, for exchanging £ to THB, but, as I made clear in my previous post, I don't get charged for the exchange within the App. The only charge is the transfer of those BHT to the Thai Bank, which as stated, is between 45 and 49 THB each time. There is of course, a possibility I get privileged transactions, but if such is the case, I don't remember such an offer being made. 

Look up www.Revolut.com 

The charge may be hidden within the exchange rate. So you need to compare the rate you are offered with the mid-market rate at the time. I cannot do that, as I don't have a Revolut account. Hence me asking you.

• Agree 1

"""Are you using a debit card issued by a US bank?  How do you use it to transfer to Thailand? """

I use a US DEBIT CARD at KRUNGSRI BANK. 

I take to teller at a MAIN BRANCH, to run my card...do NOT use service desk...( SOME SMALL BRANCHES DONT KNOW HOW TO DO ) and transfer STRAIGHT INTO my bank account - don't touch the money. Usually takes around 4 minutes with paperwork. Then I use the banks ATM to withdraw cash.

What I like most, I have deposited, withdrawed at ANY Krungsri without charge in Sattahip, Pattaya, BKK and  Korat.

I have used OTHER banks ATM's at no charge in Sattahip, Pattaya, BKK and Korat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

"""Are you using a debit card issued by a US bank?  How do you use it to transfer to Thailand? """

I use a US DEBIT CARD at KRUNGSRI BANK. 

I take to teller at a MAIN BRANCH, to run my card...do NOT use service desk...( SOME SMALL BRANCHES DONT KNOW HOW TO DO ) and transfer STRAIGHT INTO my bank account - don't touch the money. Usually takes around 4 minutes with paperwork. Then I use the banks ATM to withdraw cash.

What I like most, I have deposited, withdrawed at ANY Krungsri without charge in Sattahip, Pattaya, BKK and  Korat.

I have used OTHER banks ATM's at no charge in Sattahip, Pattaya, BKK and Korat.

Years ago another poster mentioned that there was another Thai bank that will do "cash advance" using a debit card.  I didn't pay much attention because Bangkok (BBL) bank was doing them also and had no fee at all.  I did probably 20 cash advances at BBL bank when we were building our house.  Now BBL bank has stopped so I'm happy that you mentioned that you are using Krungsri Bank.  I'll go there tomorrow and see if they'll give me an account and let me do a cash advance to fund it.  If they do, I'll say goodbye to BBL bank.

The Krungsri bank branches I have used run your card as a merchant purchase, NOT a cash advance per looking at my US Bank statement.

I got to a TELLER, take my  US debit card, PP, THAI bank book, a slip of paper with XX,XXXbt  DEPOSIT written on it. They copy PP and Card, you sign the copies, sign the DEPOSIT paperwork / receipt, teller adds info on computer,  senior teller approves transaction.  Done

I usually do a 30,000 ATM withdraw at banks ATM for pocket change.    Easy process. 

Occasionally the card is declined and I get a fraud alert on my mobile within 15 seconds of card swipe, clear it, and continue with transfer. If declined the tellers WHO know me, continue with bank paperwork.

36 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

The Krungsri bank branches I have used run your card as a merchant purchase, NOT a cash advance per looking at my US Bank statement.

I got to a TELLER, take my  US debit card, PP, THAI bank book, a slip of paper with XX,XXXbt  DEPOSIT written on it. They copy PP and Card, you sign the copies, sign the DEPOSIT paperwork / receipt, teller adds info on computer,  senior teller approves transaction.  Done

The BBL tellers followed the same procedure.  The entry in my US account shows "Visa cash advance".  I have a much higher limit on that type of transaction than I do on purchases or ATM withdrawals.

How much does Krungsri charge for a cash advance at the teller?

Edited by gamb00ler

22 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

How much does Krungsri charge for a cash advance at the teller?

My DEBIT CARD TRANSACTION RECEIPT shows the EXACT amount that I requested, no added charges - SAME in my bank book, EXACT amount requested, no added charges.

Again on my US BANK STATEMENT transaction shows as a MERCHANT PURCHASE...NOT...a cash advance.

Around 10 years ago, at a DIFFERENT BANK in Pattaya, $800USD showed as a cash advance ( on US BANK STATEMENT ) AND a ??? service charge- I don't remember 100% the service charge, think it was 400bt, I DO remember area where the bank was located