The Rise and Fall of Alex Jones: From Conspiracies to Courtrooms

Social Media

11 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Re-read your words "his contribution to their pain is so insignificant".

Shame on you.

Yes, I would say that hurty words (even if they are untrue, hurtful, slanderous and defamatory lies) is insignificant in comparison to actually being responsible for the death of someones child.  You disagree with that premise? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, connda said:

Conspiracy Theory defined:  Any substantive fact that doesn't fit the "commonly accepted narrative" or the "current status quo" or lies outside The Overton Window, and is promoted by state actors and main-stream media stakeholders alike to benefit both parties in their "Public-Private Partnerships" (government / corporate) at the expense of the commoners and "little people" who are kept in the dark and fed 🐂💩 like the good mushrooms that they are expected to be.  However given sufficient amounts of time (years / months / weeks) the facts can no longer be suppressed and those facts finally see the light of day at which point the MSM simply ignores them as they can no longer deny the veracity of the evidence, but they also refuse to acknowledge them either.  Well, other than to defame those who were pointing out the realities in the first place - "Conspiracy Theorists!!!"  It's a very effective ad-hominid attack among those who are willfully blind and prefer the comfort of the continuity bias of lies and untruths over cold-hard factual information which rips the mask off of the status quo and bends it over a stump.

Yeah - Alex Jones is a blow-hard and I can't really stand listening to him - but - a lot of those conspiracy theories he has touted over the years have proven to be conspiracy fact.  Like the old saying goes, "You get the most flak when you're directly over the target." 

:angry: "You're a Conspiracy Theorist!!! Ha ha ha Grrrrr!"

My experience has been that the people most prone to use that term are generally some of the dullest tacks in the box.
The willfully ignorant and people at the low end of the IQ spectrum don't particularly bother me any more than do growling soi dogs. 

So the definition of a ‘Conspiracy Theory’ is itself ‘a conspiracy theory’.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are there so many Americans who want to listen to him and who want to buy his products?

What tells us a lot about that strange country. 

In reality there is not such a larger percentage of crackpots that believe the Infowars or similar BS.  They just get a lot of airtime on the highlight reels because they're so far down the rabbit hole and beggar belief.

However between the extremists on the far right political, social and cultural spectrum lies a very significant section of the American public that have been effectively marshaled by the Republican party.  The Republicans are experts at identifying and exploiting weaknesses in the judgement of many Americans.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I detest Alex Jones, he's a poisonous, mentally disturbed town clown. 

However, the village idiots that constantly comment on this vile fool are just as bad. 

There's something wrong with your head if you wake in the morning eager to continually post on threads about this guy. 

Get a life.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Words have consequences, it’s rather pleasing to see the consequences

The consequences are out of all proportion...you really think Alex Jones has 1.5 billion dollars ?

I ask again  who is paying billions of dollars for the beheaded babies lies  of just a few short months ago ?

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So you put liar and hate monger Alex Jones up there along side Mohandas Gandhi?!

I am not comparing Alex Jones to Gandhi

simply saying the words of Gandhi  should apply to everyone...whether you agree with what Alex says or not is not the point   we must defend his/everyone's right to speak their mind  even if you/he/they are in a minority of one.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

The consequences are out of all proportion...you really think Alex Jones has 1.5 billion dollars ?

I ask again  who is paying billions of dollars for the beheaded babies lies  of just a few short months ago ?

I am not comparing Alex Jones to Gandhi

simply saying the words of Gandhi  should apply to everyone...whether you agree with what Alex says or not is not the point   we must defend his/everyone's right to speak their mind  even if you/he/they are in a minority of one.

Your beheaded baby fixation is whataboutary.

There is no right to defame people and lie. Sure anyone can do it, but there are consequences. 

Alex Jones is getting some of those consequences.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And he monetized the lies and mongering he directed at the grieving families.

Pay-back came calling…. Ker-ching!

Who is monetizing the weapons responsible for the actual deaths of the children?  Who profits from this?  Do you think they bear zero responsibility for their deaths compared to Alex Jones and his use of hurty words after the event?  If not what do you think their reparations should be for this compared to the sum that Alex Jones is charged with for using hurty words?  

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Who is monetizing the weapons responsible for the actual deaths of the children?  Who profits from this?  Do you think they bear zero responsibility for their deaths compared to Alex Jones and his use of hurty words after the event?  If not what do you think their reparations should be for this compared to the sum that Alex Jones is charged with for using hurty words?  

Somebody else who thinks whataboutary is a valid argument.

Not even good whataboutary, Alex Jones was a vociferous in his opposition to gun control laws.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your beheaded baby fixation is whataboutary.

You have no answer to my question ?  it is not  "whataboutary"   it is a direct comparison.

seeing as you either don't know or are wilfully ignorant I'll tell you who is paying billions  for the beheaded baby lies  it's the American taxpayer.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

You have no answer to my question ?  it is not  "whataboutary"   it is a direct comparison.

seeing as you either don't know or are wilfully ignorant I'll tell you who is paying billions  for the beheaded baby lies  it's the American taxpayer.

No it’s whataboutary.

If it were a civil suit in a U.S. court you might claim some level of legitimate comparison.

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

The Fascist state rises, yet few are able to recognize it.

They welcome it with open arms  as if it will save them...from those naughty hurty words of the likes of Trump and Jones :cheesy:

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So what have learned to day?

We have learned that you do not support free speech..and most likely would support a fascist dictatorship  as long as it aligns with your views and you are not the one being persecuted at the time.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The tortures of a troubled mind on full display.

The tortures of a brainwashed mind on display.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, johng said:

We have learned that you do not support free speech..and most likely would support a fascist dictatorship  as long as it aligns with your views and you are not the one being persecuted at the time.

The tortures of a brainwashed mind on display.

I absolutely support free speech.

And the right of people to take legal action against those who defame them or direct hatred towards them.

Freedom to speak and responsibility for what is spoken. 

I’ll assume your allegation that I ‘would most likely support a fascist regime’ is an emotional out burst.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Go to his website and watch  you want a direct link  "do your own research"

His words may or may not have been "painful"  but he himself did not put anyone in danger..he did not kill anyone or go to their homes  that was all other persons  not Alex Jones.

Interesting defensive argument. "incitement" is a descriptive word that is applied to a multitude of sad outcomes. Sandy Hook, Jan6th, etc.

Who is ultimately liable for "incitement" ? The dweeb who acts or the individual who directs the dweeb?

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, James105 said:

It was really just a question to see if you have any sense of perspective whatsoever.  Since you dodged the question I am going to assume not.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

You should be defending Alex Jones too  for his right to speak his mind  if you don't then yes they will be coming for you next  no matter how much you defend "them"  "they"  will turn on you and persecute you too...but by then there will be no one left to defend you.

Again: who are ‘they’, and why would ‘they’ be coming for me? I would really like to know. Please explain it to me in small words so a simple soul like me can understand it.

And do you really not see the difference between freedom of speech and hate speech, incitement, slander, libel? You can not just say anything, you know.

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Your attempt to set up a straw man is inept. "hurt feelings" are not grounds for bringing a lawsuit. Slander and libel are. Alex Jones blatantly slandered the parents of those schoolchildren.

yes he did. i agree with what you are saying. however another posted called for him to be beaten down with baseball bats. 

i hope you are against that. 

13 hours ago, Tug said:

That’s one rabid dog there in my personal opinion I’m not allowed to say what should happen to him,but I will say it involves baseball bats and sandy hook elementary school dads and moms………

nice coy call to violence. what a hypocrite you are. 

and before you froth away at the mouth. he lied and slandered yes. conspiracy yes. no i don't support his movement or anything associated with him. i find him to be a blowhard blabbering money grubbing fool.

i do however detest people who call for violence against others.

vile. 

• Haha 1