Police Raid Uncovers Child Prostitution Ring in Bangkok Karaoke Bar

webfact

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I, along with probably many here, wonder where you get your information from.

Probably wishful thinking. If all Thai girls are the victim of abuse from a young age, then what he does (or wants to do) carries less guilt for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably wishful thinking. If all Thai girls are the victim of abuse from a young age, then what he does (or wants to do) carries less guilt for him.

True. If everyone else does it, it's okay. At least in the minds of someone who won't look at women, and girls, as people and not things to use.

25 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

At least in the minds of someone who won't look at women, and girls, as people and not things to use.

they good for making me a sammich and cleaning the house too !

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Clarification of whether the onset of menstruation, means someone has reached the age of consent.

Is that what you meant, or did you mean something else?

Nuts. Nobody said that. How's coming into your head? 🥴

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't agree. If a 15 year old girl knows how to have sex, understands what it is, feels like it's OK and says she has no problem with being a prositute, it's still illegal.

Besides, the girls in this case are being forced into doing it 

Trickery.png

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:26 AM, newbee2022 said:

You might call them children but for me they are young women knowing what they do and paid for.

However, if it's illegal.......🤔

They are children and it is illegal.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/15/2024 at 3:23 AM, webfact said:

establishment was using girls aged 15 to 16 for prostitution. The victims were coerced into this situation. One of the girls mentioned that her mother was ill, and she needed money for medical treatment.

From what I understand, the Thai law forbids sexually active 16yo girls to have sex with males above 18yo, legally, only boys school age can have sex with these girls.

School boys don't have money to give these girls to support their families. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JackGats said:

Trickery.png

Let's address just a couple of these.

What they say: Minors cannot consent   What they mean: We as a society have decided that adolescents under a certain age should not be allowed to have sex as they are considered too young to make an informed decision about something that can be harmful to them.

What they say: sex always harm the minor [not that they do say that].   What they mean: Having sex is very likely to cause either physical or mental harm to an adolescent below a certain age, due to what having sex does to the body and the mind, particularly where the other person is older.

What actually happens: Most of the time, age of consent laws protect adolescents from older people who want to exploit them for sex.

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There are no dots to connect. You took info from one article a refer to quoting another when asked. 

You asked me what in the world did 10 year old girls have to do with this, on a topic discussing underage girls and consent. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I'm not sure you understand the point even now. You find it debatable there was coercion. Do you think that would still be debatable if they were ten years old? The implied question was pretty simple, yet you seem to be having great difficulty addressing it. One might even suggest you are purposely trying to misdirect in order to evade the question.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, jacob29 said:

You asked me what in the world did 10 year old girls have to do with this, on a topic discussing underage girls and consent. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I'm not sure you understand the point even now. You find it debatable there was coercion. Do you think that would still be debatable if they were ten years old? The implied question was pretty simple, yet you seem to be having great difficulty addressing it. One might even suggest you are purposely trying to misdirect in order to evade the question.

10 year olds has still nothing to do with this, as it regards 15+. Regarding this matter, you can not compare 10 year olds with 15+ as the development during those years are 50% more of their former life. You are far out in the blue. A 15 year old has much more insight in what it means, the outcome and also more knowledge about consequences.

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Let's address just a couple of these.

What they say: Minors cannot consent   What they mean: We as a society have decided that adolescents under a certain age should not be allowed to have sex as they are considered too young to make an informed decision about something that can be harmful to them.

What they say: sex always harm the minor [not that they do say that].   What they mean: Having sex is very likely to cause either physical or mental harm to an adolescent below a certain age, due to what having sex does to the body and the mind, particularly where the other person is older.

What actually happens: Most of the time, age of consent laws protect adolescents from older people who want to exploit them for sex.

Relax bro, the powers that instill the fear of God in you are not reading this thread. You are not earning brownie points with them for regurgigating their hogwash.

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2024 at 6:49 AM, novacova said:

Good grief, delusional rationalism. It’s imperative that children focus on learning during the years of development without being distracted and corrupted by twisted creep perv adults. Why can’t folks such as yourself understand this? Is because that you’re part of the problem?

What learning? you are deluded - many of these youngsters have no school, no money - this ain't Europe!  the problem runs very deep

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

10 year olds has still nothing to do with this, as it regards 15+. Regarding this matter, you can not compare 10 year olds with 15+ as the development during those years are 50% more of their former life. You are far out in the blue. A 15 year old has much more insight in what it means, the outcome and also more knowledge about consequences.

That's true, but at 15 they still haven't the knowledge and intelligence to stop having sex, as this shows how many unintended pregnancies from 15-19 happen, and how many under 15 also..............https://www.thaipbsworld.com/teen-pregnancy-in-thailand-decreasing-but-the-issue-remains-complicated/

Edited by fredwiggy

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

That's true, but at 15 they still haven't the knowledge and intelligence to stop having sex, as this shows how many unintended pregnancies from 15-19 happen, and how many under 15 also..............https://www.thaipbsworld.com/teen-pregnancy-in-thailand-decreasing-but-the-issue-remains-complicated/

That´s sad to not have control at the age of 15+

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

What learning? you are deluded - many of these youngsters have no school, no money - this ain't Europe!  the problem runs very deep

You must be entrenched in the ghettos. All the kids in this neck of the woods attend school! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

All Children in Thailand are legally required to go to School 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

All Children in Thailand are legally required to go to School 

Oh really?  most of these girls are from Myanmar, and Cambodia and are Thai Yai with no ID and NO school fool - you need to research more

18 minutes ago, novacova said:

You must be entrenched in the ghettos. All the kids in this neck of the woods attend school! 

Oh really?  jeeze most are not THAI - get it?

4 hours ago, JackGats said:

Relax bro, the powers that instill the fear of God in you are not reading this thread. You are not earning brownie points with them for regurgigating their hogwash.

I'm just explaining how it works since you don't seem to be able to understand it.  I'm not regurgitating anything.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s sad to not have control at the age of 15+

Many people never have control. It's something learned in childhood, and if you have an absent father, only the mother can teach you unless you have another male family member around a lot. At 15 a girl is just beginning to become a young woman, and her brain is nowhere near developed enough to make a good rational decision as far as giving her most precious thing, her body, to anyone. This is why there are hundreds of thousands of unwanted pregnancies every year, with children that end up without fathers and sometimes mothers also, and the kids are left with grandma, who might not be in the position to be a full time caregiver and teach those girls the ways of the world, and what to expect from a man when she's older.