Netherlands embassy Bangkok/Passport renewal

It's that time again for a passport renewal. Everything has changed as expected! Where does one go to get the appropriate passport photos which meet the meticulous criteria needed in Bangkok? There used to be a stand in front of the embassy but that seems to be long gone. Thanks.

Edited by pluto_manibo
mistype

6 hours ago, pluto_manibo said:

It's that time again for a passport renewal. Everything has changed as expected! Where does one go to get the appropriate passport photos which meet the meticulous criteria needed in Bangkok? There used to be a stand in front of the embassy but that seems to be long gone. Thanks.

google dutch embassy Bangkok and you will get all the information you need!!

33 minutes ago, RamblingOn said:

google dutch embassy Bangkok and you will get all the information you need!!

It doesn't have the "information you need" and it is obviously always the first line of action to search online. Thank you for your condescending comment. After twenty years on this forum, I wasn't aware of Google!

13 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

No, not about where to find a shop for passport photos, and that is what he ask.

Thank you!

Edited by pluto_manibo

Out of curiosity I studied the requirements for NL passport photo.

It's amazing that EU countries can not agree on a single standard.

Size NL and D is same 35*45 mm.

But NL wants the face height from chin to head-top max 30 mm.

Leaves a lot of empty space, no idea why.

Germans (D) want face up to 36 mm.

The official NL spec is for technical draftsman :biggrin:

But this example is good enough to show. Light and background as usual. Eyes centered, chin to head-top 29 mm (30 mm).

I think every photo studio should be able to do this.

nl_passport.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

It can be a total nightmare, especially if you are flying in and have to run around town to get the pictures redone several times. Yes, they have the requirements you must download(size, no filters, no retouching, type of file, face position, background color, no more than 400 dpi etc....). However in my experience, some Photo shops like to retouch or get it all wrong and you must go retake them. The little stand out front, 10 yrs ago, was great! I imagine some Photo shops in the area know all the specs and are used to the business and requirements needed from the embassy. Hence, my original question.

Edited by pluto_manibo

Anyway, for a new passport you have to go to the embassy. They need your fingerprints. At the Ambassy from the Netherlands, don't they take a digital picture yet? Are they so far behind the modern time? 10 years ago you needed a picture yourself, now ..... Not in my embassy.

Possible the shop at the embassy is gone because you don't need a picture yourself????

So an advice: ask first at the ambassy what you need to renew your passport. The questions are FREE and that is very important for a Hollander.

@easydoor

You still have to take  your own Picture, they don't make them at the Embassy. The brought picture is put into a scanner, and that machine says Yes / No. If No, you have to give them another picture

A Swiss friend of mine, got his new passport from when the Swiss Embassy visited Khon Kaen and even there they took his picture there and then, so what the Dutch Embassy is doing is ....... :whistling:

Edit: Here is the link, to book an appointment with them

https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Netherlands-Global-Online-Appointment_Zone1/AppScheduling/AppWelcome.aspx?P=Tg%2FSYPsRqwADJwz8N7fAvA3rUU3D6AhBV5iieyTNujc%3D

Edited by MJCM

19 hours ago, easydoor said:

Anyway, for a new passport you have to go to the embassy. They need your fingerprints. At the Ambassy from the Netherlands, don't they take a digital picture yet? Are they so far behind the modern time? 10 years ago you needed a picture yourself, now ..... Not in my embassy.

Possible the shop at the embassy is gone because you don't need a picture yourself????

So an advice: ask first at the ambassy what you need to renew your passport. The questions are FREE and that is very important for a Hollander.

You do need a picture and the embassy won't make one.

• Thanks 1