Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi?

Hi

If you have a non-imm O visa with a 1 year extension based on marriage. Is it possible to get a re-entry permit? And, what's the process like of getting it at Suvarnabhumi airport? Would 3 hours before departure be enough? 

Edited by TPDH

Should be more than enough time.  The re-entry permit area in inside the immigration area on departures (far left).  It has recently been revamped with a small waiting area in case there are a few people at the same time.  I was with 3 people last week, 2 of whom needed a REP, took maybe 15 minutes and they were both done.  No preparation is required, they will do the photo and form for you.

8 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Hi

If you have a non-imm O visa with a 1 year extension based on marriage. Is it possible to get a re-entry permit? And, what's the process like of getting it at Suvarnabhumi airport? Would 3 hours before departure be enough? 

Yes, you can. I did it a week or so ago. Very easy and takes 10-15 minutes. Allow 30 minutes in case it is busy and you'll be fine. A family of four got there just before me but I was still out in 10 minutes.

Go through immigration Zone 2. After security, you come down the escalator and turn right, the desk is at the far end (before immigration), you can't miss it. If you  arrive with the form filled out and photos it is 1,000 for a single entry. But pay an extra 200 baht and they fill out the form and take the photos for you. Just give them your passport, write down your address and they do the rest - couldn't be easier.

They hand your passport and completed form back and tell you to walk to a window and place it in a tray. 10 minutes or so later they'll call your name out to go and get it, then you go to immigration counters as normal.

You can also get multi-entry reentry permits there but I forgot the price. I think 3,900 if you do all the form filling and photos and the same extra 200 baht if you want them to do it.

Edited by josephbloggs

1 minute ago, wmlc said:

The airport charges an extra 200 baht 

200b is optional service at both Bangkok airports.

I always do my own TM8 with photos etc. 

My many multi reentry cost 3800.

Up to you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Good summary.

The multi is 3800 and single 1000..

You can pay 1200 baht for a single and 4000baht for a multiple re-entry and not need any copies, photo, or form. the 200 baht is a "special processing fee" and you skate thru fast by doing it 

• Confused 1