Student Narrowly Escapes Sexual Assault Outside Residence

webfact

image.jpeg

A young female student narrowly avoided an attempted sexual assault near her residence yesterday afternoon. Her quick thinking and cries for help thwarted the assailant, who remains at large.

The incident took place in Samut Prakan, on Bang Sao Thong Road, and was captured by CCTV cameras. The video footage showed A, a third-year secondary school student, returning home around 4 pm.

As she walked toward her apartment building after taking a motorcycle taxi from school, an unknown man followed her.

The footage reveals the suspect, riding a motorcycle, following A into the alley leading to her building. He then parked at the front and quickly ascended the stairs to her floor.

A’s typical after-school routine involves returning home alone until her parents finish work. Unaware of being followed, she unlocked her door when the attacker made his move. He attempted to push her inside and groped her, demanding entry.

However, A bravely resisted and screamed for help, causing the assailant to flee. Her courageous actions helped her narrowly escape the sexual assault attempt.

A's father, at work during the incident, rushed home upon receiving a frantic call from his daughter. Upon arrival, he found her deeply shaken but uninjured, surrounded by supportive neighbours.

They promptly filed a complaint at Bang Sao Thong Police Station. Authorities are now actively searching for the suspect, described as a significant threat to public safety.

The police are using CCTV footage, which provides clear images of the attacker’s face, a distinctive tattoo on his left arm, and the red motorcycle with a yellow license plate he was riding.

A’s father has urged for swift police action to prevent further danger to the community. The investigation continues as police work to gather more evidence and apprehend the suspect.

TOP Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-21

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems to me like that guy left a clear postcard of himself. That guy is toast! I suggest they give the girls father 5 minutes with the guy in a closed room with no cameras.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The police are using CCTV footage, which provides clear images of the attacker’s face, a distinctive tattoo on his left arm, and the red motorcycle with a yellow license plate he was riding.

Someone will know who this monster is and grass him up.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

n an interview with ThaiRath, the victim said the incident happened at around 4am yesterday, June 20. She arrived at her room after school and had to stay alone until her parents returned from work.

Haha returning from school at 4am? Wonder where she really was. 

I do not see how this was attempted rape... Maybe breaking and entering. Maybe trying to coerce a minor into sexual acts. But if he never touched the girl as reported here. how is it attempted rape? 

With this type of profiling it means we can be arrested if we scratch our balls and tell a girl we would like sex together. True I am over reaching here but seriously, it could happen if that is all that is needed for an attempted rape charge. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

On 6/21/2024 at 12:59 PM, Gottfrid said:

Seems to me like that guy left a clear postcard of himself. That guy is toast! I suggest they give the girls father 5 minutes with the guy in a closed room with no cameras.

you seem to be the hero..why dont you go fix it..you have his pic......as you again seem to be a man of reason.....mmm toast!

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, john donson said:

my daughter reported to school, a suspect man near the exit doing exactly the same thing...  school did .... NOTHING

You're saying that your daughter reported exactly the same thing, i.e. the attempted sexual assault of another girl and forced entry to her accommodation, and the school and the police ignored it?  Really?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Haha returning from school at 4am? Wonder where she really was. 

I do not see how this was attempted rape... Maybe breaking and entering. Maybe trying to coerce a minor into sexual acts. But if he never touched the girl as reported here. how is it attempted rape? 

With this type of profiling it means we can be arrested if we scratch our balls and tell a girl we would like sex together. True I am over reaching here but seriously, it could happen if that is all that is needed for an attempted rape charge. 

he suspect approached her from behind, grabbed her breasts and pushed her into the room. The man kept asking her to have sex with him and she refused.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

well its case closed then!!!....or not...

What is your problem? Unhappy and grumpy?

When did I say it was case closed? I quoted from the news, because they mentioned a lot more than the person I quoted was posting.

Is that a big problem for you, or do you think you can get over it?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

you seem to be the hero..why dont you go fix it..you have his pic......as you again seem to be a man of reason.....mmm toast!

And again you go personal on the poster instead of commenting on the news or making a regular discussion. Are you stalking me, for any reason? Have I done something bad to you?

As I already know out of another stupid reply you did to me, that you know they have already found him. Then I was not so wrong, I guess. Or what do you think, Mr Grumpy?

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

He followed her to her room, groped her and tried to force her into the room.  He only stopped because she screamed.  You don't have to be successful in a crime to be charged with attempting it.

Also, @thesetat2013, how would coercing a minor into sexual acts be different to rape anyway?

One would think some form of physical contact would be needed to be construed as attempted rape or rape. I did not read about his groping her. If so then one would think the police did not need to investigate further and charge him accordingly. 

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

In an interview with ThaiRath, the victim said the incident happened at around 4am yesterday, June 20. She arrived at her room after school and had to stay alone until her parents returned from work.

4 AM ?   it was 4 PM   

• Like 1