Taxi Drivers in Pattaya to Lose Jobs Following Gang Attack on Russian Man - video

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Wrong to attack him....but the reason for the attack should be at least explored.

I've never felt threatened by motorbike taxi guys.

I have... they can be a bit pushy in a large group. In my case they were blocking the way with their bikes and chairs. More lately I deal with the smaller groups of 3 or 4 and find them more easy going.  They will still be working from there in a week or two. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They justified their violent outburst by placing the blame on the Russian man, who they claimed had inappropriate behavior. According to the riders, the foreigner had parked near their base and replied with an obscene gesture when requested to move, leading to the physical confrontation.

Obviously, that should be no reason to beat up anybody.

But also obviously, nobody should be so stupid to expect they can provoke those guys and just walk away.

• Like 2

Back in the day (2010's), it was standard practice for business owners or the taxi stand mafia to subject your scooter tyre to instant deflation if you parked in "their" territory. I was a slow learner - after 3 flat tyres in a two week period, I figured it out.

Somewhat more subtle than giving a kicking to the offender.:coffee1:

52 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Pattaya should stop all the motorcycle taxis operating. Force them all to take criminal background checks and have special license for driving passengers. They should take full control over rates and services relating to foreigners there. Only then maybe the crime these taxis drivers commit, the overcharging, and the taxi gangs will end. If the city does not take control then they really do not care about tourist and foreigner safety. They should all be working together equally through the city to sponsor them.

I think you're majorly overestimating the number of non-corrupt people available to either desire such a thing or put it into action.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Did he do anything wrong? And why is he an idiot?

Let's say you see a group of bikers, and you have the chance to a) ignore them, b) respect them, or c) piss them off.

Which option do you think you should consider?

And which option would let others consider you are an idiot?

It's not really that difficult. 

new-project-2023-07-19t121212-267.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang

15 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Went back to using the baht bus system a few years back. or Bolt or Grab.

Motor cycle taxi riders are just a rip off now days also full time thugs.

The less of them the better.

Me too. On the BB route i get that for 10 baht. Further afield i use Bolt which is often the same price as a motorbike taxi.

• Thumbs Up 1

Very handy and cheap these motorcycle wins.

People on this forum like to bitch, complain and moan about things, especially Thai males who they are threatened by,  but I see them as a good thing about Thailand has, that we don’t have in the UK.

If you don’t like them, nobody is forcing you to use them, but they are a very cheap and convenient way to get around, especially during peak hour times with heavy traffic.

Life is good.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2