Foreigner fined for threatening Thai cyclist with dogs

webfact

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...if you are on his beach".

Mario does not have a beach that is "his".

and here you are again arguing bull<deleted> semantics when you know the true meaning and intent of a statement.

Do you hold an actual opinion on the matter, or would you just prefer to spend the day bickering over individual words? 

"...and here you are again arguing bull<deleted>..."

And here you are again, referring to nothing more than an accurate observation as "arguing". 

"Do you hold an actual opinion on the matter, or would you just prefer to spend the day bickering over individual words?"

Do you hold an actual position on this forum that authorises you to decide how other members should post or to interrogate them?

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, n00dle said:

You had better hope you are never perceived worthy of such attention. 

I would never attack an elderly Thai person with a pack of dogs, so nothing to worry about.

This punk had it coming to him.

It was in all the other news anyway. Only Aseannow protects the perps.

i was inspired by Julian Assange

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MalcolmB said:

I would never attack an elderly Thai person with a pack of dogs, so nothing to worry about.

This punk had it coming to him.

It was in all the other news anyway. Only Aseannow protects the perps.

i was inspired by Julian Assange

The douche nozzles on Asean Now win again. enough for me for while.   

Edited by n00dle
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, schultzlivgthai said:

I few laced pork balls would work 

As horrific as it is...  this is what some people are left resorting to taking matters into their own hands as authorities often do nothing in response to complaints about aggressive animals. 

In the past, I've been on too many beaches in Thailand with aggressive dogs and have concern for my son's safety and end up leaving.

I've also been at restaurants where dog were around and we had to get the staff to shoo the dogs away - they often start to get aggressive when competing for the possibility of food scraps... 

At one restaurant we had a group of young kids playing and the owners dog was nearby - I asked the owner to take the dog away, but she didn't want to until I told her the whole table (of about 16 people) would leave if they didn't... 

The dog may have been friendly, but as the kids were playing and running around in the sand, the dog was attracted to the commotion - I could easily perceive a situation where one of the kids is bitten.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're (probably) just as "boring and lifeless" as you accuse the rest of us 

No second prizes mate. 😂

Facebook 👀

Ha ha 

That seems to be a suggestion that you think that you've won first prize!  Ha ha!   There's no prizes here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Oh did it not? it certainly seems Mr Thakorn was hoping to achieve something similar.  The man was fined for his actions, yet the complainant demanded more. 

Mr. Thakorn expressed his concern to the news team, emphasizing his desire for the police to thoroughly investigate Mr. Matio's background.

Why shouldn't he pursue this further given how lightly the farang was dealt with by the law? I would be pissed off too at 6 dogs being released upon me by this entitled Belgian guy.

Edited by Spock
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Against crazy farangs with with packs of dogs?

That is different story ^^^ In such case someone has to play "Doctor" and send those mutts to "the rainbow".

So many recipes are available on the Internet! From quick and painless to some "doggy doing break-dance"

whatever you fancy

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

It's not cheap but I think you're exaggerating a little there?

I got bit on Samui before and the total bill for treatment on the day including tetanus, 1st Rabipur and optional immune globular (13000B) directly into the wound came to around 25000B and that was at the Bangkok Samui.  I didn't like the way I was treated whilst they were waiting for my insurance to authorise payment, so never went back and got the remaining 4 shots of Rabipur for about 800-1000B from local clinics and smaller hospitals.  Had I gone to them in the first place, the initial bill would have been a hell of a lot cheaper but as my insurance was paying and I was a bit naive about the BS, I didn't really care.

Perhaps a bit, my initial first day costs following a dog bite from soi 7 was over the 20k, direct injections plus cleaning.

I could have shopped around a bit but after reading a few articles on rabies went to where I know.

After that first trip was each of the series shots for both rabies and tetanus, doctor fee plus shot cost I think around 1k a pop.

So base cost maybe closer to 30k, but then you have transport time costs so for me was close to 50k cost an expensive lesson that using jedi force to calm a dog down is very foolish or downright stupid.

It was a partial street dog, so fed and a regular at street store. I did not go after costs from them but I suspect if they understood they had liability it might make them think twice about encouraging the dogs to be there.

In the posters case, nobody should live in fear when walking or cycling along a beach, owner of place in my view has responsibility

• Like 2