Which size Colgate has a flip top?

JeffersLos

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

The product wasn't damaged. No tubes of toothpaste were harmed in any way.

If the company don't want people to open the boxes, they need to openly state on the packaging if the product has a flip top or screw on.

the box is part of the product. you opening it damages it. pretty simple.

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Wrong!!!

Products with opened boxes are returned to the company to be repackaged without loss of stock to the vendor!

not wrong. 7/11 after you damaging their product needs to have a staff member sort through your mess. using man hours which they are supposed to be using to do their job. 

then they have to call a truck to come pick up all the toothpaste you damaged. that costs money. they have to log it into a system. cost money. etc etc 

what did the toothpaste ever do to you :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Moved to The Pub!

I'm the exact opposite to our OP, I'd rather have the screw-top :whistling:

I find that the flip-top thingies get glooped up and then won't close properly thus requiring disassembly and maintenance using warm water and a toothbrush to remove the hardened product.

Of course this wastes some of the costly product.

Yes, same problem here. 

Anway, from my bathroom:

Colgate Herbal Detox 60g - flip top

Ordinary Colgate 75g - screw

Ordinary Colgate 100g - screw

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BKKKevin said:

I have a flip top cap for my Colgate Toothpaste that I bought 3 years ago (In the US) and religiously move from old to new tube... 

Yes, this is how to do it.

Unfortunately my helper threw out the old flip top even after I told him not to. Perhaps in revenge for killing his dog. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Anway, from my bathroom:

Colgate Herbal Detox 60g - flip top

Ordinary Colgate 75g - screw

Ordinary Colgate 100g - screw

Thank you. a 35 gram tube and 80 gram tube are on the way right now. 

Does the 60 gram flip top fit the ordinary Colgate tubes? Or are they different shape or styles of tubes? 

22 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Does the 60 gram flip top fit the ordinary Colgate tubes? Or are they different shape or styles of tubes? 

It fits on both of them,  i just tried. 

The 75g, I recently bought it at 7/11

The herbal detox one should be avalable at 7/11

The 100g one is probably from 7/11, too, not sure

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lorry said:

It fits on both of them,  i just tried. 

The 75g, I recently bought it at 7/11

The herbal detox one should be avalable at 7/11

The 100g one is probably from 7/11, too, not sure

Thank you very much. I will buy the 60 gram herbal detox tube if the 35 gram and 80 gram are screw on. I will show it to the staff at the 7-11 so they know about the products they sell.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

The last tube of Colgate I bought has a screw on top. It's very annoying compared to the flip top. I noticed this before and kept an old flip top, and screwed it on to a new screw on tube before. I told the helper to not throw it out when finished, to keep the flip top, so it can be put on to another screw on one should it happen again. It happened again. But the helper had thrown it it. Only to annoy me I'm sure. 

I asked the staff in the 7-11, but they didn't know or pretended not to care. I started opening the boxes but they physically stopped me. 

So now I need to buy a new flip top for my toothpaste. The 150 gram tube is screw top.

Which tubes of Colgate have a flip top? 

Why would you expect the staff at 7/11 to know what top is on which toothpaste in which sealed box. Would you buy an opened box of toothpaste?

There are 2 simple answers to your question

1   contact Colgate directly and they may know the answer

2 the easiest way is to keep the old flip top cap and simply replace it on the new tube.

Problem solved with no hassle.

You could have kept the old box or even taken a photo of it for the next time you buy a tube of toothpaste.

16 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Products with opened boxes are returned to the company to be repackaged without loss of stock to the vendor!

Where on earth did you get that nonsense from? It's a standard policy in the retail sector that if products such as this show any signs of having been tampered with, it is automatically destroyed. 

That is why the staff in 7-11 stopped you from opening the cartons and quite rightly so.

• Thumbs Up 1