One Killed, Many Injured in Yala Car Bomb Attack

webfact

3 hours ago, edwarda909 said:

The article says the truck passed through a checkpoint. I don’t understand. What’s the point of having a checkpoint if they’re incompetent.

If you lived here, you'd see how much "checking" is actually done at checkpoints. Hint: not much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yala police detain suspect in car bomb attack outside flats

carbomb.jpg

Police detained a civil engineering assistant for questioning regarding a car bomb explosion outside the police flats in Bannang Sata, Yala. This incident took place yesterday morning, June 30.

Today, July 1, reports indicate that the Joint Special Operations Unit in Yala, along with local security agencies, has accelerated their investigative procedures to track down suspects linked to the car bomb attack outside the police flats.

The joint operation identified the vehicle used in the bombing as a government car belonging to a local administrative organisation. Further investigation revealed a suspect connected to the vehicle, suspected of being involved with violent groups in the area.

The suspect, identified as 27 year old Mustofa from Thanto, Yala, is a civil engineering assistant with the local administrative organisation.

Initial questioning of Mustofa revealed that he was the last person to use the vehicle. Following this, 45 year old Maropi from Narathiwat, contacted Mustofa, inquiring about the car keys. Mustofa reported that Maropi was the last person to leave the local administrative organisation premises.

Police are currently verifying information and tracking down Maropi to gather more details regarding the incident.

Region 4 Internal Security Operations Command instructed officials to communicate clearly and build understanding about their procedures. They emphasised the need for transparency, fairness, and adherence to human rights principles.

Recently, officials took Mustofa to the interrogation centre at the 41st Ranger Regiment Task Force for further questioning and investigation, reported KhaoSod.

The Internal Security Operations Command Region 4 also requested public cooperation to report any suspicious activity in the area, while also reminding the community that those supporting offenders, such as by hiding them, providing shelter, or supplying food, would face legal consequences under Section 189 of the Criminal Code, with penalties of up to two years in prison, a fine of up to 40,000 baht, or both.

By Ryan Turner

Image: ข่าวด่วนปาตานี/Facebook

Source: The Thaiger 2024-06-29

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Paraphrasing from https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/muslim-patani-longs-for-peace-freedom-in-thailand/1978644

Buddhist Kingdom of Siam took control of Muslim Kingdom of Patani's entire territory by force and divided it into Thai seven provinces. Thai ruler, King Chulalongkorn, broke the peace treaty with the provinces in 1901 and launched a military campaign. It ended in 1909 with the Anglo (aka Great Britain)-Siam treaty*, which paved the way for the Kingdom of Siam to annex the Muslim Sultanate into the southern region of Thailand. No referendum of the Muslim people. Very similar to the 2014 Russian invasion and occupation of Crimea including displacement of many Ukraine citizens with Russian citizens.

* Great Britain being motivated by a trade monopoly within the region in exchange for its treaty.

Prior to 1909 the Kingdom of Siam recognized the sovereignty of the Kingdom of Patani in exchange for tribute. Seems that wasn't enough for a colonizing Kingdom of Siam.

Sure, that is 100 % true, but it is also in the history books and new treaties have been made after. Like with many European countries as well from that time. Today, we try to live with the situations we have. After that, the Muslims of today, have no right or entitlement at all, because of one single little thing. They come to numerous of countries as refugees and get settlement packages. After that you see many of them running bars, pubs and restaurants in the nightlife business. Others start other businesses, or go into politics, and the economic infrastructure. Suddenly they were not so poor. That way, they manage to set-up segregated societies in about a hundred of the countries in the world. It´s a very dangerous and explosive situation, when you look at which countries and what religion that stands for most terrorist attacks as well as bombings all over the world. Many times funded from the businesses they set up.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MarcelV said:

If you lived here, you'd see how much "checking" is actually done at checkpoints. Hint: not much.

What a bloody shame. 

Too bad the authorities are not more vigilant. 

We need to catch these barbaric, evil, animals before they hurt others. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I lived down there for a couple of years while birding on the border. That was back when it was really bad. Helicopter gun ships patrolling the roads and countryside. Barricades every few hundred KM's .  Don't know what they were called but looked like tanks with a 50 cal. , but on wheels.  All over the highways. Razor wire around all the police stations. At first I was scared, but after I was on the border and talked to the Muslims about it. I went about my business as usual. Odd as it seems after living with them for a while I kinda got sympathetic to their cause. Luckily they were not targeting foreigners.   

I didn't agree with all the things they were doing, schools and such. Killing teacher and burning schools was horrible. And if a policeman or solder there it was very dangerous. 

I was accepted as a farang kinda of, and was invited to a few events that I kindly refused. I did not want to get to know them socially. 

I had a girlfriend from Issan at the time, but if I didn't there were a couple of the muslim women that I talked to and had a very good relation ship with. One of them their husband was murdered by the police and she had a small child. I almost asked her to live with me and marry me.. Crazy times.

I was there right after Taksin murdered hundreds of them.  That was also horrible and IMHO something he should pay for.

This might have something to do with Taksin being back. But, I really don't know. Seems kinda suspicious though.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

new treaties have been made after

Most of your story-telling is deflection and irrelevant to the situation in Thailand's South.

But there can be a successful peace if an oppressing nation like Thailand is willing.

Case in point:

The Philippines government faced a very similar situation with an indigenous Muslim population. Ironically, peace talks were aided by Muslim Malaysia who has been integral to all of Thailand's peace negotiations with Malay Muslims (they are not "Thai Muslims") of the Kingdom of Patani. Maybe you should question why Thailand has failed to achieve the same result. 

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 7/1/2024 at 4:46 AM, Georgealbert said:

The explosion claimed the life of Mrs. Rokiyah Sarana, a 45-year-old religious teacher from Kampong La Lae Mosque

The idiots killed one of their own

This poor woman was riding her bicycle and got blown up. 

So sad 😟

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not at all any story-telling deflection. Also it is very relevant and crucial to ending the terrorist Muslims from breaking the Thai law. Now I will lay it out for you. Everything will show a clear pattern, that Muslims will turn to violence and killing in all aspects of life they are not given authority and right of way.

What Indonesia did, was giving in to terrorists and their demands. I will take it as you condone such things. Same thing would be if Denmark went into Sweden and started bombing parts of the South, as it once belonged to them. In your opinion, then Sweden should just negotiate and agree to lose a part of the country as it is today.

After that we have the Russia - Ukraine situation. Here you just mean that Ukraine should surrender and give up whatever Russia wants from their land.

How do we do with Muslims going to France and bomb office buildings just because someone made a cartoon they do not like? What do we do with Muslims bombing the disco in Indonesia? Give them the entertainment rights for the country? 

Last, we have the 9-11 bombings of the Twin Towers? Do they also own a piece of land in US?

Everywhere they show up, they come together and try to take a piece of the country for themselves. To do that, they always use violence and are killing a lot of innocent people.

That´s what the Philippines gave into. That´s what the Philippines condone by letting terrorism lead to an agreement. That´s also what you agree to by posting your reply.

You just wait and see, that the agreement in the Philippines will not stand long. Soon they will ask for more, and then the whole terror and killing part will start again. It´s just to read history to understand that.

Wherever, in the modern world, anyone tries to use violence and terror leading to innocent people suffering and getting killed, we must be vigilant and stand our ground. Push them back. Make a strong mark, that this is not the way to go.

Excellent post Gottfrid; anyone with an IQ approaching double digits can see what years of appeasement to Islam has done. It has simply emboldened them, and cost hundreds more innocent lives 

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
Misspelling of Gottfrid
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not at all any story-telling deflection. Also it is very relevant and crucial to ending the terrorist Muslims from breaking the Thai law. Now I will lay it out for you. Everything will show a clear pattern, that Muslims will turn to violence and killing in all aspects of life they are not given authority and right of way.

What Indonesia did, was giving in to terrorists and their demands. I will take it as you condone such things. Same thing would be if Denmark went into Sweden and started bombing parts of the South, as it once belonged to them. In your opinion, then Sweden should just negotiate and agree to lose a part of the country as it is today.

After that we have the Russia - Ukraine situation. Here you just mean that Ukraine should surrender and give up whatever Russia wants from their land.

How do we do with Muslims going to France and bomb office buildings just because someone made a cartoon they do not like? What do we do with Muslims bombing the disco in Indonesia? Give them the entertainment rights for the country? 

Last, we have the 9-11 bombings of the Twin Towers? Do they also own a piece of land in US?

Everywhere they show up, they come together and try to take a piece of the country for themselves. To do that, they always use violence and are killing a lot of innocent people.

That´s what the Philippines gave into. That´s what the Philippines condone by letting terrorism lead to an agreement. That´s also what you agree to by posting your reply.

You just wait and see, that the agreement in the Philippines will not stand long. Soon they will ask for more, and then the whole terror and killing part will start again. It´s just to read history to understand that.

Wherever, in the modern world, anyone tries to use violence and terror leading to innocent people suffering and getting killed, we must be vigilant and stand our ground. Push them back. Make a strong mark, that this is not the way to go.

Where do they get their motivation from- their terrorist prophet who spread his daft made up religion by the sword after defeating the Meccans when he broke a 10 year peace treaty after 2 years. In the following centuries Islam spread by invasion and they conquered over 40 countries, yet today have the nerve to cry about Israel being 'stolen' land. The fake prophet is quoted in Bukhari as saying 'I was made victorious with terror'.

Edited by proton
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, proton said:

Where do they get their motivation from- their terrorist prophet who spread his daft made up religion by the sword after defeating the Meccans when he broke a 10 year peace treaty after 2 years. In the following centuries Islam spread by invasion and they conquered over 40 countries, yet today have the nerve to cry about Israel being 'stolen' land. The fake prophet is quoted in Bukhari as saying 'I was made victorious with terror'.

Exactly! We can not give in to such ways of thinking. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, MalcolmB said:

When was the last time they attacked a Christian country?

Vietnam, Laos, Korea, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq 

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq

Religion also surfaced as an issue when Mr Bush and Tony Blair were reported to have prayed together in 2002 at his ranch at Crawford, Texas - the summit at which the invasion of Iraq was agreed in principle. Mr Blair has consistently refused to admit or deny the claim.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Religious nutters must be stopped.

Seriously? When was the last time the US was attacked BY a 'Christian' country/group? Their 'overt' wars were responses to either attacks (1 by a Shinto/Buddhist nation in 1941, and 2 by an Islamic group in 2001) or where they were called in to 'protect' an ally (S Korea, S Vietnam, etc.), even those you could argue these situations were engineered for strategic reasons. Talk about covert wars, then you get into largely Christian Latin America. 

The point is that the US has never attacked another country with the primary or even secondary intent of imposing Christianity on it. When Bush said that he was doing God's work, he naively meant that he thought he could bring peace and stability (not Christianity) to the region.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1