Police bust Bangkok karaoke bar for running prostitution ring

snoop1130

2 hours ago, itsari said:

As I said before , in many european countries that tale you gave would not leave you without being prosecuted for soliciting sexual services in the situation the men were found in a suspected brothel as described in the Bangkok bar .

Assuming that the legal aspects of any drinking/alcohol laws were being complied with, drinking in a brothel in Norway is not illegal,  neither is it considered soliciting.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, and then you show that you have no record of such activities as well as you deny the accusation that is built without any proof. After that you are free to go. In other words, not illegal to drink with prostitutes as long as nothing else can be proven.

Most caught in a situation like the men in the Bangkok bar would pay any fine to avoid further problems in the event of a prosecution that the individual pleads not guilty too in a country that makes soliciting prostitutes illegal.

You misunderstood the implications from that type of prosecution. Loss of employment, divorce proceedings and more.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems that neither do you, itsari, regarding soliciting.

I understand the background to the soliciting of prostitutes, the Nordic idea is to put the responsibility of soliciting on the customer rather than the provider. 

Don't show your ignorance 

30 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It's not the drinking that's illegal, it's the bar girl prostitutes and bar fines that makes them a 'take away brothel', the food is consumed elsewhere, that's the small difference. Whatever, I see no harm in either 'institution' as long as it's a case of legal age consensual pussy prying.

Neither working in a beer bar, nor the bar accepting a bar fine for their staff leaving work, is illegal.

21 minutes ago, itsari said:
37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Drinking in a karaoke bar is not illegal, what would the men be arrested for?

From the way I read the report is that the men were drinking with the prostitutes in the floor above  the bar. 

Drinking with the staff in a karaoke bar, regardless of on which the floor, is not illegal.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Drinking with the staff in a karaoke bar, regardless of on which the floor, is not illegal.

You seem to be ignoring what the article explaining.

They found many rooms with mattresses on the floor with condoms etc in each room .

Can you read !

That is not the normal equipment for serving a drink

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, itsari said:

Most caught in a situation like the men in the Bangkok bar would pay any fine to avoid further problems in the event of a prosecution that the individual pleads not guilty too in a country that makes soliciting prostitutes illegal.

You misunderstood the implications from that type of prosecution. Loss of employment, divorce proceedings and more.

Now you're going off on a deflecting, speculative tangent after your "drinking with karaoke staff is soliciting" theory has been debunked.

2 minutes ago, itsari said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They found many rooms with mattresses on the floor with condoms etc in each room .

Can you read !

Can you read English?   It is you who is ignoring the article as nowhere does it describe men using those rooms for that purpose in the raid...that those items were on the premises does not make the drinkers guilty of anything.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Now you're going off on a deflecting, speculative tangent after your "drinking with karaoke staff is soliciting" theory has been debunked.

I am debunking nothing, I am quoting what is written in the article.

Ground floor is a bar and the floors above are many rooms with mattresses and condoms found in the vicinity that the police say is a brothel.

That is where they found the men talking with the accused prostitutes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, itsari said:

I am quoting what is written in the article.

Ground floor is a bar and the floors above are many rooms with mattresses and condoms found in the vicinity that the police say is a brothel.

That is where they found the men talking with the accused prostitutes

No, you are not quoting the article!  Please copy here the quote from the OP that specifically states that "the men talking with accused prostitutes" were doing so in the upstairs rooms with mattresses and condoms.   Even if the OP did state that (and it doesn't), solely drinking in a room that has a mattress and condoms is not illegal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, itsari said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What "prejudice"?

You are constantly writing answers in a prejudice way.

I am afraid you are In most cases wrong . 

What "prejudiced way"...prejudiced against what?  Specifically, what have I posted that is incorrect?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

Color me surprised.  Don't they all? 

This is part of the Thai underground sex-scene for Thai patrons which the farangs who clamor about those awful "Sex-Pats" don't grasp because they have never lived in predominately Thai community doing the stuff that Thai men do.  Got to get out of your gated communities and go slumming Thai-style.  It's an interesting sub-culture and rather fun - well, back in the day.  Too old to really care now.  :wink:  Been there, done that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, itsari said:

Can you read !

Not an upscale establishment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, itsari said:
25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I am debunking nothing, I am quoting what is written in the article.

That is where they found the men talking with the accused prostitutes.

Thank you for proving my point..I know you were not debunking anything, it was your interpretation of the law and the OP that I was debunking!

It was not reported that the men were found in the upstairs rooms, if it was please copy and paste it as a quote here.  Even if they were in those rooms, unless they were involved in some illegal sexual activity, they were doing nothing else illegal.

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you for proving my point..I know you were not debunking anything, it was your interpretation of the law and the OP that I was debunking!

It was not reported that the men were found in the upstairs rooms, if it was please copy and paste it as a quote here.  Even if they were in those rooms, unless they were involved in some illegal sexual activity, they were doing nothing else illegal.

I have been told by the learned superiority that I am bickering, have you not been told the same?

I will comply with them , good afternoon Lou

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In many countries in Europe the prosecuter only needs to show intent.

Responsibility is with the customer and not the receiver .

1 hour ago, itsari said:

So, then if I run my own business and are single, all is good, right? 😂

Just now, Gottfrid said:

So, then if I run my own business and are single, all is good, right? 😂

Up to the individual if the person wishes to risk fighting his innocence and fear for the consequences of being found guilty. 

Not a pleasant outcome married , single or living together with a partner