Stocking a large fish pond

IsaanT

Hi all, first post here.  Treat me gently please!

I have a recently-dug large pond on our land in Roi Et province.  It's a pleasant irregular shape but is about 73M x 30M at its extremeties, so about 2,000 sq metres.  It's 4M deep.

I have been advised by the nearby fish farm that we can stock it with giant catfish, carp, ruby fish and giant snakehead.  Apparently, he says they will all get on fine if there is sufficient food (I'm happy to buy it and feed them) and space.  These fish are just to populate the pond and keep it healthy.  I have separate plans to raise Tilapia for our table in a much smaller pond on a relative's nearby farm.

However, my research tells me that catfish can eat other fish and, possibly worse, snakeheads are highly predatory and will eat other fish and their own species.

What is the truth here?  Comments and advice welcomed.

In our pond we have Bla Dok, Walking Catfish, and Bla Nin, Nile Tilapia as well as Bla Maw, Jungle Perch, and Bla Chon, Snake head fish they all live together without any problems.

The Snake head will eat the young of other fish, but again never a problem for us ,always more young fish, fry, than thay can eat, and yes, your giant catfish Bla Chor-door, will eat other bigger fish, might not be a good idea to include them in your pond.

The walking cat fish will get out if the water level is high, we lose a few each year, the wife has put up some shad cloth in places just to deter them. 

Just in general, plan it carefully and consider all details like type of fish, size of fish, food, who will look after it, etc.

A couple of years ago a friend of my gf convinced her to have a pond and fish and feed them and later sell them.

The whole project was a long series of disasters. I don't remember many details and I don't want to think about it anymore, but it was amazing how many things can go wrong.

So, whatever you so, do it carefully.