bob smith

where else would you go?

My top 5 list at the moment is as follows:

1. Cambodia

2. Laos

3. Phils

4. Barbados

5. Gibraltar

how about you lot? do you have a plan B or are you in it for the duration, no matter what?

bob.

Edited by bob smith

18 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Definitely pi. Definitely. In fact even no poo it’s on table 

How are the schools in the Philippines? What is the tuition language English or Tagalog? I could only move to an English speaking country but AU and NZ would require at least double of my income to resettle.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

Maybe a totally stupid question but does a British citizen need a residency visa for Gibraltar? Or can they just turn up with a passport? Islands are usually ultra expensive for houses and cost of living....is Gib the same? 

just turn up.

like anywhere, it's not what you know it's who you know.

I know a few people that live there.

They like it.

Healthcare is brilliant and, of course, free at the point of use for Brits.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

One reason I store my (paid for RV & vehicle) back in the states....

I could happily explore the US & Canada state by state for a long time....

I had almost convinced myself to sell them during the last trip but decided it's a good safe harbor to keep in place.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

how about you lot? do you have a plan B or are you in it for the duration, no matter what?

Unlike a lot of other daft people on here , I still own my home in the UK and would simply return back to the UK earlier than expected. Tenant might be a bit miffed !

My plan has always been to live here until I am 67, (7 years away), and then return the UK, sell my idiotically priced 2-bed ex-council house in the south east on the Thames and move up north somewhere (4-5 bed house) and still have 100,000£K to finance the wife's visa with my other 3 pensions also. 

That done we would just visit for holidays , etc.

Course if she pops her clogs early I might well sample the fruits of the other countries before I shrug off this mortal coil !

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

The proverbial poop is hitting the fan everywhere. 

Cost of living is increasing just about everywhere.  Wages are stagnating. 

The USA are worried about the next elected president... as is the rest of the world. 

Ukraine is hanging on by its teeth against the Russian bear. 

Conflict in Gaza continues

Corruption is rife in the Land of Smiles

However it's probably better here than there! 

Right you are. 

48 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Unlike a lot of other daft people on here , I still own my home in the UK and would simply return back to the UK earlier than expected. Tenant might be a bit miffed !

My plan has always been to live here until I am 67, (7 years away), and then return the UK, sell my idiotically priced 2-bed ex-council house in the south east on the Thames and move up north somewhere (4-5 bed house) and still have 100,000£K to finance the wife's visa with my other 3 pensions also. 

That done we would just visit for holidays , etc.

Course if she pops her clogs early I might well sample the fruits of the other countries before I shrug off this mortal coil !

Same here, we leaving Thailand now so she can have a future in Europe and build up her pensions rights, and have dual citizenship. I'm still good to work myself for another 15 years maybe 20, and have better opportunities to build a new company back home, than making money in Thailand. 

The farm will make her parents enough for their needs, while they take care of our things there. 

Germany and some other Nato countries prepare for war in 10 years!? 

Where do you want to be?