20 hours ago, bob smith said:

where else would you go?

My top 5 list at the moment is as follows:

1. Cambodia

2. Laos

3. Phils

4. Barbados

5. Gibraltar

how about you lot? do you have a plan B or are you in it for the duration, no matter what?

bob.

Gibraltar is a good choice for you I suppose. You can sit with the others on the top of the rock😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Gibraltar is a good choice for you I suppose. You can sit with the others on the top of the rock😂

excellent free healthcare, high quality of life, nice weather, english speaking, no 90 day reports or annual visa extensions. 

better than Thailand?

there's every possibility! 

bob.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

excellent free healthcare, high quality of life, nice weather, english speaking, no 90 day reports or annual visa extensions. 

better than Thailand?

there's every possibility! 

bob.

You've never been there and don't know who sits on the rock😂

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Ah, the infamous "where else would you go?" post. I see your top 5 list is as groundbreaking as a rock, and twice as thrilling. 

1. Cambodia: Because who doesn't enjoy a good mosquito bite collection?

2. Laos: Where the WiFi is as fast as your grandma's knitting.

3. Phils: The land where karaoke dreams (and nightmares) come true.

4. Barbados: For when you want to live in a postcard and avoid real life.

5. Gibraltar: Because visiting a big rock with more monkeys than people is obviously a must.

Plan B? Oh, I think we’re all set with Plan A: avoiding your travel advice. 😜

Me, I'm going to the next post.

What's so great about Thailand, then?

It is not a utopia, in case you didn't know!

bob.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bob smith said:

Dan. If I have said it once then I have said it a million times - if you don't like my threads then don't comment on them!

You know where the block button is, i'm sure..

bob.

No need to block you.  just pointing out how much bs you post. If you don't like the truth being commented then don't post bs. Its a public forum and goes both ways 

16 minutes ago, bob smith said:

What's so great about Thailand, then?

It is not a utopia, in case you didn't know!

bob.

You're free to REALLY leave any time since you can't find anything you like here and constantly complain. You've supposedly all ready cashed out all your massive real-estate holding so its a easy trip to the airport

57 minutes ago, BE88 said:

You're right about near Malaysia, no one has experience with Malaysia?

Check out their retirement visa situation.  I haven't looked it up in a while, so this may have changed.  It's not just the amount of $$$ you have in the (their) bank, but also you are required to spend so much per month.  According to some quick math I could afford to live in one of the cheaper Mediterranean places at the spending they require, and even less in South America.  But you get 3 months stamped in at the border (depends on nationality) and I never got the the third-degree for too many stamps in the passport. 

I liked Penang, but only in the funky old town -type areas.  Lived there a bit 00s-2010s.  Haven't been there lately.

Also Malaysia and Indonesia have the worst plumbing in the world, or maybe all the plumbers in Malaysia are Indonesian.  :omfg:  Unlike other SEA countries prohibiting foreigners from working Malaysia imports labor. 

I took a stopover for a few weeks in South Africa, really liked the place.  And it's a beautiful place when you get out of the townships.  Yeah, I'm white, was braced for the worst, but in general the people are nice.  It's ones that aren't nice are the problem.  I recall reading newspaper articles reporting crime incidents that blatantly admitted there are details that were too grisly to report.  I recall a story of a Chinese "boss" who rolled up into a township to collect his protection money in a gold Merc.  He and his goons were dismembered right there in public for all to see.  If they think dismemberment is tame enough to mention you can only imagine what too grisly implied.  I also think things will get worse before they get better over there, so I passed on the idea maintaining longevity.  Too bad.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Check out their retirement visa situation.  I haven't looked it up in a while, so this may have changed.  It's not just the amount of $$$ you have in the (their) bank, but also you are required to spend so much per month.  According to some quick math I could afford to live in one of the cheaper Mediterranean places at the spending they require, and even less in South America.  But you get 3 months stamped in at the border (depends on nationality) and I never got the the third-degree for too many stamps in the passport. 

I liked Penang, but only in the funky old town -type areas.  Lived there a bit 00s-2010s.  Haven't been there lately.

Also Malaysia and Indonesia have the worst plumbing in the world, or maybe all the plumbers in Malaysia are Indonesian.  :omfg:  Unlike other SEA countries prohibiting foreigners from working Malaysia imports labor. 

I took a stopover for a few weeks in South Africa, really liked the place.  And it's a beautiful place when you get out of the townships.  Yeah, I'm white, was braced for the worst, but in general the people are nice.  It's ones that aren't nice are the problem.  I recall reading newspaper articles reporting crime incidents that blatantly admitted there are details that were too grisly to report.  I recall a story of a Chinese "boss" who rolled up into a township to collect his protection money in a gold Merc.  He and his goons were dismembered right there in public for all to see.  If they think dismemberment is tame enough to mention you can only imagine what too grisly implied.  I also think things will get worse before they get better over there, so I passed on the idea maintaining longevity.  Too bad.

Following the failure of the first MM2H version due to the excessively high demands of investors and minimum income, the demands have now been lowered without any limit of a minimum income and also of a very low mandatory deposit to about 390.000 THB for aged 50 years and above. With these new benefits, Malaysia will have to be evaluated more carefully

(a) RM50,000 for aged 50 years and above; and

(b) RM150,000 for aged below 50 years.

However, MM2H participant are required to maintain the balanced of Fixed Deposit until they terminate their participation from Programme as per below:

(a) RM 100,000 for aged 50 years and above; and

(b) RM 150,000 for aged below 50 years.

https://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main-services/malaysia-my-second-home-mmh2-en/

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2024 at 11:24 AM, Dan O said:

Bob how many times have you posted this drivel?  You claimed you left for good the last time cashed in your HUGE financial portfolio overnight and  supposedly left for good but then you were back in 1 week. 

He never left. That's if he's here , He makes us believe he is in Los .

Khun Bob can post whatever he likes But it will be something pulled out of his Hat.