Thai Mascot Worker Punched Unconscious by Foreigner; Attacker Sought

webfact

Generally , a little empathy for the man or boy in the mascot costume ...

Being a mascot definitely is a s hit job . Comes right after " party entertainer " .

It started with a handshake that hurt already ... why did he feel the need to punch ?

People from different countries have different mindsets and values in life ... but nobody should become violent , even he might think that it is funny ...

It is not .

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

CCTV screenshot

In an unexpected turn of events, a Thai mascot worker was assaulted by a foreigner, leaving him unconscious. The incident has sparked a widespread social media campaign to identify and apprehend the assailant.

The unfortunate event occurred on 3rd July, when a Facebook user recounted his harrowing experience, seeking assistance in locating the foreigner responsible for the attack.

The victim, donning a green mascot costume, detailed the incident: “I need everyone’s help. I don’t know the attacker’s name, nationality, or anything else. Please share his picture to help find him.

I was in my mascot costume when a foreign man approached me for a handshake. As I extended my hand, he squeezed it painfully, prompting me to cry out and withdraw. Suddenly, he punched me in the face, right where my eyes align with the costume’s mask, reported Matichon.

I fell to the ground and lost consciousness for a brief moment. Despite wearing a padded suit, the force of the blow and fall caused some minor injuries. It was only thanks to the staff members that I managed to get up, although I was too dazed to pursue the attacker.

Having worked as a mascot for nearly a decade, this incident shook me profoundly. I am now seeking justice and an apology from the assailant. Please share my story widely. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.”

Sharing further details, the mascot worker explained, “For those wondering why I didn’t fight back, I blacked out. Even if I had retaliated, imagine the headlines: ‘Mascot punches tourist.’ It would be a disaster.”

The social media plea aims to mobilize public support to identify the attacker and ensure the mascot worker receives the justice he deserves. The incident is a stark reminder of the unpredictable dangers faced by workers even in seemingly safe, everyday roles.

image.jpeg

CCTV screenshot

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

That’s why you put sexy women into costumes and not sissy men who can’t handle a firm handshake….

don’t believe he briefly lost consciousness and couldn’t get up w/o help and then says he couldn’t chase after him in some silly outfit

And what was he going to do if he caught him? The guy would have floored him again 

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think that this kind of thing is going to diminish anytime soon because Thailand seems to be attracting a lower and lower quality element as time passes. Quantity over quality is never a good idea unless you're selling $2 items at a swap meet. I wonder if the authorities will ever figure that out, I think it's just over their heads. 

Yep, this. The hordes of "quality" tourists flooding Thailand isn't doing Thais any favors. They need to wake up and realize they need tourists with money and manners, not low cost masses.

As for this story, without discounting that the guy is an ***hole, the punch itself does not look strong or able to knock someone out. More likely is that the mascot is exaggerating in an attempt to get monetary compensation. Because foreigners = 🏧.

19 hours ago, soalbundy said:

punched him right in the smiley, I don't know, it's my evil sense of humour but I burst out laughing when I read it. Just a friendly mascot getting in your face then wham! The mascot guy probably wasn't really hurt, from the photo it looks more like a jab than a punch but for the mascot guy this could be a nice little earner.

Could someone please explain, what exactly is a mascot?

• Agree 1

Just now, NoshowJones said:

Could someone please explain, what exactly is a mascot?

someone dressing up in a, usually stupid looking, costume to advertise a product or team. Think Micky mouse or Pluto costume in Disney land. That would be worth watching, Micky mouse getting punched in the face and kicked in the b0ll0cks while prancing about like an idiot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's the flip side of the story?  I've been approached by those absolutely useless mascots who, rather resilient, kept insisting in taking its brochures or listened to what he had to say. 
If a product needs a mascot, then it is kindergarten-level. Irrespective of that, those mascots should be more background without "forcing" catalogues, brochures or even folders onto passing-by visitors of an exhibition. 

Equally irrespective of course it is a no-no to physically attack each other, but as said ....... there is a flip side. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Find it hard to believe someone would just king hit for no reason , other than a handshake. Mascot might be hiding few details 

Only took one post for the first reading between the lines and guess beyond the context comment to come out. Well done on being the first Doubting Thomas to put the blame on the mascot.

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

It was most likely playful horseplay gone terribly wrong. The guy simply misjudged the amount of protection the costume padding provided.  His companion appears to be smiling which suggests that it was done playfully. The stance the guy took when delivering the punch (he does not appear to have put his full body into the punch) does not suggest that his intention was to injure the guy either. Poor choice for a horseplay target, but my guess is that's about it.

The guys ran off?No it was intentionally hurting some one.!