USA sleeping as Putin on World Wind tour meeting allies to garner support against the West

steven100

Is the US doing enough to show it's authority and commitment to peace and democracy worldwide  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 07/12/2024 at 05:00 AM

Vladimir Putin recent world wind planned meetings include Xi Ping,  Vietnam's To~Lam, North Korea's Kim Jong Un as well as India's Modi at the summit and in Moscow.

Putin has promised Vietnam it will manage and support a Nuclear program for the country,  as well as sending students to NK for summer camps over the holidays. 

Regional security was obviously discussed along with military aid and hardware for both Vietnam and India.

All going on over the past week,  and one must ask the question .....   is the US concerned that Putin is cosying up to all these allies.  

Many political leaders are stressing serious concern that the USA has lost it's grip and authority on stopping world conflicts. 

It does not appear to express it's commitment or policing of dangerous militants', cross border fighting, nuclear advancement, and shipping of military hardware illegally in light of sanctions.   

image.png.178271ca7c1b7529607502dcf621902b.png

https://us.yahoo.com/news/beijing-laughing-west-weakness-131135474.html

image.png.af00805c9a4b51b68b5369179af5e5a5.png

image.png.ad8294b1254dd6b0064eab9205f500a4.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/19/asia/vietnam-russia-putin-visit-intl-hnk/index.html

image.png.f2dae2895f34c1155761821fb326793c.png

https://us.yahoo.com/news/putin-kim-jong-un-getting-131702314.html

image.png.079cdfb3bbe80ad9ffbe4a5ad7b9d8d9.png

https://us.yahoo.com/news/putin-hails-multipolar-world-belarus-140956679.html

image.png.96c356dd41b05303762f793aa4b13f16.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/04/asia/modi-putin-russia-india-visit-intl/index.html

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

Typical right wing nonsense poll. Kind of like asking “are you still beating your wife?“. The world is much more complex than this simple poll implies, but that is the right wing's view of the world.

If Trump gets elected, he'll have a conference with all these autocrats in Mar Lago. After all, he does worship the ground they walk on, wanting to be one himself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Typical right wing nonsense poll. Kind of like asking “are you still beating your wife?“. The world is much more complex than this simple poll implies, but that is the right wing's view of the world.

If Trump gets elected, he'll have a conference with all these autocrats in Mar Lago. After all, he does worship the ground they walk on, wanting to be one himself.

sorry, I'm not right wing or left or anything .....  just asking what you think about the way things are handled.

I didn't ask for a debate on Trump or anything to do with the elections.

Lets keep the elections out of this topic for once....     it's a simple question...

• Like 2

Just now, novacova said:

The west led by the US appears to be on an economic, border control & warring suicidal mission. Makes one wonder what subverts are at play. 

To a certain extent I guess .....

The topic has zero to do with the elections or candidates,    I am just asking if folks think the US has let go of it's grip as the world power leader,   and  over the years I think they have let things slip somewhat.     just my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

sorry, I'm not right wing or left or anything .....  just asking what you think about the way things are handled.

I didn't ask for a debate on Trump or anything to do with the elections.

Lets keep the elections out of this topic for once....     it's a simple question...

The whole poll is about politics. And if you read between the lines, the US election. Hardly a simple question, except that however you answer it, it makes the democrats look bad.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The topic has zero to do with the elections or candidates,    I am just asking if folks think the US has let go of it's grip as the world power leader,   and  over the years I think they have let things slip somewhat.     just my opinion. 

The US is in too deep to let go, imagine the vacuum and instability that would ensue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, novacova said:

The US is in too deep to let go, imagine the vacuum and instability that would ensue.

hmmm ...  I agree on that,  they still are the world super power but over the years they seemed to have let others move ahead faster and advance further in many technological ways.  

an example is aircraft carriers .... China built the last one in 3-4years while the US takes 5-7 yrs .... and construction ... and other areas.   

but it has alot to do with labour costs, certification, material etc ....

Edited by steven100

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I would suggest that the US, rather than "let go/slip" has abused their power. sanctions everywhere, endless wars and destruction in their wake, you name it.  Meanwhile they seem unable to grasp that the world has changed since their rise to the uni-polar moment and fail to recognize the shifting sands.  In the old cold war days the US knew how to use soft power and tread more delicately using diplomacy.

Russia and China in ascendance with many in the global south along for the ride.  New global institutions are being inexorably established and growing in influence.  For example, the rise of BRICS and the SCO, many Nations are clamoring to join, and the shift from US dominance is impossible to ignore.

The Uni-polar moment is gone.  The sooner the west recognizes this and moves to act accordingly the better.   I'm not holding my breath, things will get worse before they have any chance of getting better.

Edited by expat_4_life

1 minute ago, expat_4_life said:

I would suggest that the US, rather than "let go/slip" has abused their power. sanctions everywhere, endless wars, you name it.  Meanwhile they seem unable to grasp that the world has changed since their rise to the uni-polar moment and fail to recognize the shifting sands.  In the old cold war days the US knew how to use soft power and tread more delicately using diplomacy.

Russia and China in ascendance with many in the global south along for the ride.  New global institutions are being inexorably established and growing in influence.  For example, the rise of BRICS and the SCO, many are clamoring to join, and the shift from US dominance is impossible to ignore.

The Uni-polar moment is gone.  The sooner the west recognizes this and moves to act accordingly the better.   I'm not holding my breath, things will get worse before they have any chance of getting better.

Russia is doomed.

Hardly in ascendance.

• Sad 1

Some people, myself included think that this is an excellent thing. The world needs peacemakers to stand up to US and NATO and especially to NATO expansion. I cannot understand the people who say US is a force for good when you look at the damage they have done across the globe in the past 35 years. Just look at the data and compare the number of wars US has started or provoked vs the number started or provoked by Russia and China together. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Russia is doomed.

Hardly in ascendance.

Pretty weak, Russia has new allies notably China.  Has Russia collapsed under the weight of western sanctions yet, or is it any day now?  According the the World Bank Russian GDP is forecast to grow.

How exactly is Russia doomed?  Is it economically, politically, or is the west going to conquer Russia?

• Agree 1

I think the poll assumes too much.

Since when are Russia, China, and NK “rouge nations”?  Do they deserve that characterization simply because they don’t kowtow to the U.S. oligarchy? 

The world isn’t so simple these days, as the unipolar world fades away. And yet the propaganda continues, fueled by Neocon nuts.  Neither the US nor the other Western powers are in a position to control the world’s eight billion people.  Trying to control the world is a path to bankruptcy as we are now witnessing.  How many trillion dollars have been wasted over the last few decades?  What has been accomplished?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:

Pretty weak, Russia has new allies notably China.  Has Russia collapsed under the weight of western sanctions yet, or is it any day now?  According the the World Bank Russian GDP is forecast to grow.

How exactly is Russia doomed?  Is it economically, politically, or is the west going to conquer Russia?

You're hilarious!

Russia's economy is in the toilet.

China isn't Russia's friend!

China is on the path to making Russia it's biyatch.

Have you been paying attention?

China gets energy from Russia at absurdly low prices. They are exploiting the war and they have the long view that they deserve to reclaim Manchuria and that includes Vladivostok. 

Russia is now a pariah state in the civilized world.

Even if they withdrew fully from Ukraine tomorrow sanctions would stay in effect indefinitely until Russia proved they had given up their barbarism. 

Russia spends about 35 percent of their budget on war.

That means less and less for the long suffering Russian people.

Pensioners typically make about 150 dollars a month.

Remember pro Putin troll Tucker Carlson's grocery basket which he was getting so hard about -- over 100 dollars just for that.

Their infrastructure is crumbling.

A million or two of their best and brightest have fled the country and don't wish to ever return because they realize the damage that Putin has done will last generations.

Skilled people needed at home have become very scarce.

Ukraine almost daily takes out new oil refineries, they can ship it out unrefined to enablers China and India but they have less and less capacity to refine it.

Russia's best friend now? NORTH KOREA. The most horrible country in the world.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

Some people, myself included think that this is an excellent thing. The world needs peacemakers to stand up to US and NATO and especially to NATO expansion. I cannot understand the people who say US is a force for good when you look at the damage they have done across the globe in the past 35 years. Just look at the data and compare the number of wars US has started or provoked vs the number started or provoked by Russia and China together. 

absolute nonsense ....   you need the US to stand up to the bullies like Putin or your gone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1