Labour UK

8 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Now when Labor have a change to bring Brits back to EU why don't they do so?

Wait, even Rome wasn't built within one day. Give Starmer time. But sure, the majority would like to join the EU again. The last referendum is history.🤗

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Because its A  ONCE IN A GENERATION REFRENDUM ,

Rules can be broken for important partner country.

I bet if there's voting 80% of 26 will vote YES to welcome Brits.

29 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Rules can be broken for important partner country.

I bet if there's voting 80% of 26 will vote YES to welcome Brits.

The problem Labour have here is they will not be able to obtain victory in a referendum by just getting 34% of the vote share here as there is only 2 choices.   This makes it tricky for them as in a referendum everyones vote counts.   Labour have form for signing treaties with the EU without a mandate from the people so you may well get your wish anyway, such is the "democratic" system in the UK.  

I am fully expecting the UK to be once again in the single market and signed up to freedom of movement, probably paying even more into the EU trough, but with even less say than we did before within 5 years.   I do not expect that the people will get a say in this. 

On 7/5/2024 at 10:33 AM, newbee2022 said:

Hurrah !!!!!

Labour 410

Tories   131

Cameron, May, Truss, Boris, Sunak....after all these losers I hope for the better. 🤗

You do know that Labour captured less votes that in the last election when Corbyn was Labour leader.....and that Corbyn's total was the lowest votes Labour have had in any General election ever? And that the swing to Labour was only 1.7%....and that it is only the UK's totally undemocratic election that meant that Reform got over 4 million vote and 5 seats.....and that Lib Dems got under 4 million votes ands 71 seats. The people have no representation and Labour actually has no mandate despite a screaming headline win....no landslide at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The intelligent people of the UK have voted and thankyou for choosing the Labour party and British Greens 

Hopefully they will support the policies of not only more immigration but the need to educate and bring in non gender descriptions and the acceptance if transgender library reading in all schools .

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, retarius said:

You do know that Labour captured less votes that in the last election when Corbyn was Labour leader.....and that Corbyn's total was the lowest votes Labour have had in any General election ever? And that the swing to Labour was only 1.7%....and that it is only the UK's totally undemocratic election that meant that Reform got over 4 million vote and 5 seats.....and that Lib Dems got under 4 million votes ands 71 seats. The people have no representation and Labour actually has no mandate despite a screaming headline win....no landslide at all. 

I know but didn't set up neither laws nor rules

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The intelligent people of the UK have voted and thankyou for choosing the Labour party and British Greens 

Hopefully they will support the policies of not only more immigration but the need to educate and bring in non gender descriptions and the acceptance if transgender library reading in all schools .

Why do you think that Children and their exposure to transgender adults  in schools  is such an important issue ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I know but didn't set up neither laws nor rules

Actually if you read my post very carefully, nowhere in it did I even suggest, mention, allude to you being responsible for setting up the laws or rules. One is just a look at the data, which doesn't not support the breathlessly hyperbolic headlines. My other beef is with the UK calling itself a democratic country, a representative democratic country to distinguish it from  a real democracy.  The democracy on offer in the UK (and US) is bought and paid for by lobbyists, businesses and wealthy donors. Then Parliament's objectives are to service their masters, not to do what is best for Britain, not to make sure British citizens have a job, a home and have enough food.....they are there merely to make the rich richer. End of story.  

Edit, Nick Carter....I have you on ignore because I have found your comment to be inane and childish in the past.

Edited by retarius

1 minute ago, retarius said:

Actually if you read my post very carefully, nowhere in it did I even suggest, mention, allude to you being responsible for setting up the laws or rules. One is just a look at the data, which doesn't not support the breathlessly hyperbolic headlines. My other beef is with the UK calling itself a democratic country, a representative democratic country to distinguish it from  a real democracy.  The democracy on offer in the UK (and US) is bought and paid for by lobbyists, businesses and wealthy donors. Then Parliament's objectives are to service their masters, not to do what is best for Britain, not to make sure British citizens have a job, a home and have enough food.....they are there merely to make the rich richer. End of story.  

I wouldn't call US  a real democracy, neither UK. If you need sponsors to finance your campaign you'll need to give something back. So you'll never be free in any decisions. Even in a relatively new democracy as Germany allies tried to avoid all the mistakes that was done in Anglo-Saxon laws. But there are still some flaws when it comes to the influence of lobbyists/money. How to avoid? I don't know.

(Actually I don't like your rude reply) Period.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why do you think that Children and their exposure to transgender adults  in schools  is such an important issue ?

Why? 

To STOP the hate against transgender people that's why 💜

It educates children about transgender people ,instead of listening to those homophobic rants by Christian groups 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why? 

It educates children about transgender people ,instead of listening to those homophobic rants by Christian groups 

Which Christian groups give homophobic rants in Schools ?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Why? 

I understand you.

Did you ever think about it why 100 or 200 years ago we didn't have many transgenders? Where are they come all of sudden? Like mushrooms after the rain? 

Do you have any explanation?😳

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I am indeed blessed with a vision that you don't seem to possess....

True, I live here and now. And I'm not interested in our Nostradamus' visions here.😂

9 hours ago, James105 said:

I am fully expecting the UK to be once again in the single market and signed up to freedom of movement, probably paying even more into the EU trough, but with even less say than we did before within 5 years.   I do not expect that the people will get a say in this. 

Your expectations are unrealistic. Not to mention logistically impossible in a 5 year time frame. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, retarius said:

You do know that Labour captured less votes that in the last election when Corbyn was Labour leader.....and that Corbyn's total was the lowest votes Labour have had in any General election ever? And that the swing to Labour was only 1.7%....and that it is only the UK's totally undemocratic election that meant that Reform got over 4 million vote and 5 seats.....and that Lib Dems got under 4 million votes ands 71 seats.

It was an entirely democratic election. Everyone knew the system before the election, as we have been using it for 74 years. The majority of those years were under a Conservative government who opposed any change. I assume the people who voted Tory before defecting to Reform knew this. Odd, too, that those Reform supporters never mentioned it until after the election. And the ire directed at the Liberals - the only party to consistently campaign to change the system - is risible.

9 hours ago, retarius said:

and Labour actually has no mandate

You might not like the system but Labour won the election in the same way every other party has won the election since 1950. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I understand you.

Did you ever think about it why 100 or 200 years ago we didn't have many transgenders? Where are they come all of sudden? Like mushrooms after the rain? 

It's now "acceptable" to come out and ...... encouraged ,that's why 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I understand you.

People just got on with it back then, they didn't fell the need to tell everyone about it and then try to convince everyone else that they should try it as well 

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

People just got on with it back then, they didn't fell the need to tell everyone about it and then try to convince everyone else that they should try it as well 

Well, yes. They would have also risked prison time and being brutally murdered. The latter, of course, still happens in the UK (and elsewhere).

Which part of the UK are you from? I have never, not once, had a trans person try to convince me to be trans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickwick said:

Well, yes. They would have also risked prison time and being brutally murdered. The latter, of course, still happens in the UK (and elsewhere).

Which part of the UK are you from? I have never, not once, had a trans person try to convince me to be trans.

Well please try it.

Look I'm going to be honest I wore pink nail polish to work last year when we had a new young audit manager who decided  mopping the stairwells should be timed

,instead of 4 hours he said it could be done it in 15 minutes 

I decided to wear my nail polish and accuse the C of transphobia, never saw him again 😂

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

It's now "acceptable" to come out and ...... encouraged ,that's why 

And you think it's ok to choose your gender once a year.....as in Germany I read? I'd say it's just a hype and fashionable to be different 🙏

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

And you think it's ok to choose your gender once a year.....as in Germany I read? I'd say it's just a hype and fashionable to be different

You are taking one part of the law and misrepresenting the whole. The law is not about choosing your gender every year, that's frankly ridiculous. It's an attempt to try and stop people - who are not transgender - trying to make a mockery of the system.

You can absolutely choose to voice concern against self-determination gender policies - no-one, except a minority of radical activists, is denying there are valid concerns - but the desperate need to misrepresent things on this thread indicates a lack of serious thought and a lot of individual prejudice.

• Agree 1