how do you remove limescale from tiles and windows?

steph83

The best method is to soak a cotton cloth or microfibre cloth in vinegar or citric acid, then rub it on surfaces affected by limescale, such as fittings. Leave it to work for some time or overnight, then rinse thoroughly with clean, cold water. Then dry everything with a clean cloth.

• Like 1

HomePro (and others) sell a good produce. A little pricy but it works:

HG limescale remover

The best way, of course, is to not let it build up in the first place. Which is why I wipe the shower after each use. (Two years and not limescale buildup. Clear glass.) Rather 3 minutes after each use than money, effort, and time to clean when it's bad. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arick said:

Be careful lots of these products with eat the grout in tiles and remove chrome and blacken your shower taps. 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hasn't with mine, i recall instructions saying leave on for 10 mins and wash off

Agree with arick. I had to ban my gf using Vixol to clean the shower floor tiles after having to regrout 3/4 times in the space of a few years.

47 minutes ago, CecilM said:

HomePro (and others) sell a good produce. A little pricy but it works:

HG limescale remover

The best way, of course, is to not let it build up in the first place. Which is why I wipe the shower after each use. (Two years and not limescale buildup. Clear glass.) Rather 3 minutes after each use than money, effort, and time to clean when it's bad. 

I admire your energy, wiping down after every shower. 

I take 10 minutes a couple of times a year to spray with a vinegar/water mix, let it soak for a little bit (depending on how bad it got), then rinse.  I take off the faucet tip end screen filters and soak them in straight vinegar for a couple of hours to keep them from clogging (after flushing the sand and other non-dissolvables inherent in any water system) 

Time required is less than an hour over the course of a year.  Plus some soaking time for the screens.  But then, I don't run women through my place that I need to impress.  If you do, your impeccable hygiene is a good thing.

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

did she read the instructions? how long did she leave the Vixol on for?

Read instructions :cheesy: This is a Thai woman we are talking about with a fetish for absolute cleanliness.........

And this was used twice a week.......

Edited by topt
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, impulse said:

I admire your energy, wiping down after every shower. 

I take 10 minutes a couple of times a year to spray with a vinegar/water mix, let it soak for a little bit (depending on how bad it got), then rinse.  I take off the faucet tip end screen filters and soak them in straight vinegar for a couple of hours to keep them from clogging (after flushing the sand and other non-dissolvables inherent in any water system) 

works every time  

cheap old  5% white vinegar and a water mix,,,,,     just don't let it sit on chrome fixtures too long

On 7/6/2024 at 6:31 AM, arick said:

Be careful lots of these products with eat the grout in tiles and remove chrome and blacken your shower taps. 

Some Vixol products contain 15 % hydrochloric acid and will eat the grout and discolour stainless steel.  

Read the label, you'll find it there.

2 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

Some Vixol products contain 15 % hydrochloric acid and will eat the grout and discolour stainless steel.  

Read the label, you'll find it there.

Strange that so don't use it every day and don't leave it on for too long, problem solved 👍