Using SIM card internet at home instead of normal internet package

AnotherOneHere

I have this SIM in my telephone lazada link (unlimited internet for 1 year for 2650 Baht) and it works great. Bu at the home I'm using a normal internet package from AIS for 650 Baht/month which has problems and is more expensive. And I want to switch to SIM internet event at my home. 

Can somebody recommend me some SIM router that is compatible with this SIM, with Thailand and where I don't run into some issues for misusing this SIM card? 

The router specs could vary considerably giving different outcomes.  When I was looking into it last year I went for the cheapest Chinese knock-off router and it worked, but having installed a couple more since then I know there's much more to it, and I still haven't really scratched the surface.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with details, but maybe read up on what channels your preferred mobile company uses, what channels each router supports and what you need for carrier aggregation.  Check also for signal coverage in your area, especially if you're out in the sticks somewhere.

Router example: https://www.tendacn.com/th/product/4g09.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tenda-4g09-ac1200-4g-cat6-router-wifi-4g-2ca-wireless-dual-band-i1140998609-s2650066767.html

Consider the NT Wireless Thunder SIM for home usage: https://wcsoss.totwbs.com/promotion Unlimited 'full speed' data for the home.

https://shopee.co.th/nt.official_shop Currently aren't showing the 12 month option.

You can buy a one month SIM to test at your location. If good, then you can order the 12 month version via Lazada/Shopee from another vendor.

16 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

I have this SIM in my telephone lazada link (unlimited internet for 1 year for 2650 Baht) and it works great. Bu at the home I'm using a normal internet package from AIS for 650 Baht/month which has problems and is more expensive. And I want to switch to SIM internet event at my home. 

Can somebody recommend me some SIM router that is compatible with this SIM, with Thailand and where I don't run into some issues for misusing this SIM card? 

You will find all available routers are compatible. They are the interface to the network. The SIM card is irrelevant for the interfacing as long as it is accepted by the network.

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

You will find all available routers are compatible. They are the interface to the network. The SIM card is irrelevant for the interfacing as long as it is accepted by the network.

This is not accurate. Some cheap routers won't cover all of the Bands in use and most certainly won't have the capability to combine bands.

For example, these are the bands available to TRUE: 

B1 (2100 MHz)

B3 (1800 MHz)

B8 (900 MHz)

B28 (700 MHz)

B40 (2300 MHz)

B40 (2300 MHz)

B40 (2300 MHz)

B41 (2500 MHz)

A good router can access them all. A cheap and nasty model might cover just B1 & B3.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

My TGF had a similar AIS internet on top package that also had problems,she contacted call centre complaining and they offered a new unlimited package for 1000thb for 6 months ,the new package works fine and is renewable.

Edited by norbra

12 minutes ago, norbra said:

My TGF had a similar AIS internet on top package that also had problems,she contacted call centre complaining and they offered a new unlimited package for 1000thb for 6 months ,the new package works fine and is renewable.

It would be best to outline exactly what was offered, rather than the oft quoted 'unlimited'.

16 minutes ago, norbra said:

Is that still home broadband or just 4G/5B mobile link. I to have an unhappy AIS broadband at home.

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Is that still home broadband or just 4G/5B mobile link. I to have an unhappy AIS broadband at home.

AIS sim with internet on top package for her 5G phone.

I have not seen it offered online it is a promotion for AIS customers only

Edited by norbra

1 minute ago, norbra said:

Same speed and unlimited downloads.

If there was a cap on downloads I would have included such detail

Same speed as what? We aren't mind readers here. Why not find out and post exactly what was offered? Easier for others to quote when necessary. You will find it within an SMS on her phone.

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Same speed as what? We aren't mind readers here. Why not find out and post exactly what was offered? Easier for others to quote when necessary. You will find it within an SMS on her phone.

I think it's 6mbps.

If the op contacts the call centre they will advise what is available to him.

I have a different 12call package from my tgf she cannot access some promotions that I am offered.

Edited by norbra

2 minutes ago, norbra said:

Why?

Because you have advised people that they can get unlimited data for six months with AIS for 1000 baht. Obviously, you did that to help. So should they just walk into the shop and state "give me six months of unlimited data for 1000 baht?"

Details matter.

Just now, NowNow said:

Because you have advised people that they can get unlimited data for six months with AIS for 1000 baht. Obviously, you did that to help. So should they just walk into the shop and state "give me six months of unlimited data for 1000 baht?"

Details matter.

In my experience walking into a AIS shop and asking about current promotions pertaining to your package is usually beneficial.

You get to choose what suits your needs

1 minute ago, norbra said:

In my experience walking into a AIS shop and asking about current promotions pertaining to your package is usually beneficial.

You get to choose what suits your needs

I want the six month unlimited package for 1000 baht. They don't know what I'm talking about. Can you publish the exact details for me to show them?

18 minutes ago, norbra said:

I think it's 6mbps.

If the op contacts the call centre they will advise what is available to him.

I have a different 12call package from my tgf she cannot access some promotions that I am offered.

AIS.png.7f0aa6638c1ee71797f984d79686659b.png

Is all they know of. If you can quote the exact package that would be helpful.

Why is it that you are so resistant to doing so?

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

I want the six month unlimited package for 1000 baht. They don't know what I'm talking about. Can you publish the exact details for me to show them?

I was not privy to the 1 hour telephone conversation, maybe she was offered a discount due to the problems she had been having over a long period.

Just now, norbra said:

I was not privy to the 1 hour telephone conversation, maybe she was offered a discount due to the problems she had been having over a long period.

It will be on an SMS on her phone. She can tell you exactly what it states. Thanks for your help.

6 minutes ago, norbra said:

What ever is on her phone is her private business,sorry

Why not just admit that you have no idea what she has, instead of just making things up and leading people on a wild goose chase?

It's totally inconsiderate and off-topic to boot. But if it were at least useful info...

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why not just admit that you have no idea what she has, instead of just making things up and leading people on a wild goose chase?

It's totally inconsiderate and off-topic to boot. But if it were at least useful info...

If you look at my first post you will find it was directed to the op,suggesting he call the call centre re updating his package and a cheaper option could be available.

If you had followed this suggestion instead of being lazy you would be fully informed of options available to you

18 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

What is the downside to this setup? It certainly appears cheaper than installing broadband and the speed "seems' fast. What am I missing? Why would anyone have broadband instead of this setup? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should cancel my broadband and go this route.

Thank you.

I cancelled broadband 4 years ago and have been using AIS ,DTAC and NT sims in my phone and they have been very reliable and as a bonus you don't need to go looking for wifi hotspots when away from home.

I have also used a sim router with the same success for 4 devices at home,but now have 2 phones 2 sim cards , home devices ,TV,laptop,2nd phone and PC connect to hotspot on my phone,no problem.

AIS sim 15mbps 70gbpm

DTAC 30mbps unlimited data

NT Thunder UpTo 30mbps at my home unlimited data

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Just get a gl-inet travel router. It connects to the hotspot on your phone and provides internet at your house when you're at home. If you're happy with the speed on your phone this would be ok. It's worked fine for me for years.

25 minutes ago, norbra said:

If you look at my first post you will find it was directed to the op,suggesting he call the call centre re updating his package and a cheaper option could be available.

If you had followed this suggestion instead of being lazy you would be fully informed of options available to you

I looked at your first post. It is totally off-topic and all it's contents erroneous. You obviously did not comprehend what was written in the first place. The OP doesn't have any problems with his Unlimited 15 Mbps Truemove H package, so there was no need for you to enter with a story about a 'similar AIS package' (which in reality bears little or no similarity at all).

Is the AIS package you mentioned 15Mbps? No, not even close. So in fact you are recommending that he obtains a slower package of perhaps 6 Mbps....if that is the package your wife has now....doubtful.

But that might not have mattered if you had provided useful information to all. But in reality, it is totally vague, with not even a single detail confirmed. Only refusals to actually check what she has.

Edited by NowNow
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

What is the downside to this setup? It certainly appears cheaper than installing broadband and the speed "seems' fast. What am I missing? Why would anyone have broadband instead of this setup? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should cancel my broadband and go this route.

Thank you.

The downside is that it's a lot slower. Perhaps 15 Mbps compared to at least 300 Mbps. But it's quick, convenient and portable.

• Like 1