Thai houses privacy

Hi folks I’m looking around for places to move to but noticed many housing here seem to have no orivacy

below are examples where there’s no walls between ur neighbours

can they peekaboo me while I’m washing my undies??

also I can imagine  some would  be smoking their  ciggies and weeds and having some Thai parties having their feast on the floor.

I don’t think I could tolerate living in a condition like tgat

Anyone live in this style of houses and how’s it? 

I don’t like condos cause u can hear all the foot stomps door slamming and sliding chair noises all day I’ll have a heart attack living in condo

image.thumb.jpeg.89ba978e31dab8163cd5b21cc04ac3b9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5daea43e98021978fd2f4be543ff69cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4031a84bf424296e8b87f7a049d2080e.jpeg

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Buy a house with a bit more land around your house if you want more privacy.

You can even build a wall around it.

new law that farang can own land? loooooooooooooooool

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hi folks I’m looking around for places to move to but noticed many housing here seem to have no orivacy

below are examples where there’s no walls between ur neighbours

can they peekaboo me while I’m washing my undies??

also I can imagine  some would  be smoking their  ciggies and weeds and having some Thai parties having their feast on the floor.

I don’t think I could tolerate living in a condition like tgat

Anyone live in this style of houses and how’s it? 

I don’t like condos cause u can hear all the foot stomps door slamming and sliding chair noises all day I’ll have a heart attack living in condo

image.thumb.jpeg.89ba978e31dab8163cd5b21cc04ac3b9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5daea43e98021978fd2f4be543ff69cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4031a84bf424296e8b87f7a049d2080e.jpeg

Thats odd. The same image used in the developer's sales brochure had a Mercedes Benz in the carport.😋

1 hour ago, newnative said:

We have a pool villa on the Darkside and we have complete privacy.  Our land plot is about 110 square wah.  We have a wall surrounding the property and a solid giant door and a solid sliding carport gate the same height as the wall.  The main thng is to pick a house that has single-story houses around it--no second floor to look down into your property, no second story windows next door that you have to look at from your property.  

i know what ya mean, my cousin got this deatched houses, but oh god i couldnt relax having a drink outside of his proprtty like i get the feeling someone is peeping from the 2nd floor windows all around the block. 

jesus i cant understand (dont want to) why ppl buy this sort of proprty, i actually was peeping from the second floor, watching the smooth lady hanging her laundry. i get a sense of domination, and i can feel that she can feel someone is watching her.  this is creeepy

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never bothered me, Thais have their gardens at the front of the house, western people hide at the back of their house. I Think the Thais have it right, and we're the secretive ones.

oh dear who is hat horny looking lady on ur photo? i wish i got a neighbour like that and i wouldnt mind be watched 

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

It is indeed very creepy , you  would be well advised to  refrain from any further public admissions regarding your "peeping" activities and the feelings of domination that you enjoy whilst indulging in this practice.  I think there is a strong chance that unless you get the help you  need , one day this thread might be used in evidence against you.  Maybe get some help before its too late eh?

Ok, let me know how your therapy goes.

Edited by JimTripper

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Ok, let me know how your therapy goes.

I'm not the one peeping at others or paranoid that others are watching me. No therapy required

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Another part of it is you may have a problem with thai's. It's much more annoying to have them around when you want privacy because they don't value it

Very wise point. I've found if I have problems with neighbors (noise, feelings of needing privacy etc...) that it helps to know them. Having a person you're friendly with being able to look into your house is much different than a random stranger. 

Having said that I hate those Thai houses anyways and most of them are like that. You could be next to 100 rai of open land and Thai's will be clustered all together in some little housing project.  If I was the OP I would move way outside the city and save yourself the trauma. It's harder to find rentals so most people do the easy thing and go to the city but it doesn't have to be that way.

18 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm not the one peeping at others or paranoid that others are watching me. No therapy required

You never look out your window? Not everybody wants to live in a cave.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Very wise point. I've found if I have problems with neighbors (noise, feelings of needing privacy etc...) that it helps to know them. Having a person you're friendly with being able to look into your house is much different than a random stranger. 

Having said that I hate those Thai houses anyways and most of them are like that. You could be next to 100 rai of open land and Thai's will be clustered all together in some little housing project.  If I was the OP I would move way outside the city and save yourself the trauma. It's harder to find rentals so most people do the easy thing and go to the city but it doesn't have to be that way.

Definately, Thailand is congregation city. They don't like being alone. That's why they find solo expats showing up here so strange as they present as people who have no friends or family or left them behind.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That's why they find solo expats showing up here so strange as they present as people who have no friends or family or left them behind.

And that is normally exactly what they are,  not that there is anything wrong with that

On 7/12/2024 at 10:43 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

You are correct about the stomping and banging, and dropping of coins on the floor of the floor above you.

Especially if you get some Big Fat Slob of a guy who walks on his heels, back and forth, at all hours...back and forth, back and forth.

This is really NO WAY to live.

And, yes, the stress can get high enough to cause cardiac arrest, ....maybe.

So, I would NEVER again live in a Thai condo.

You see, the regulations for the thickness of the concrete slab, between floors, is actually not thick enough.

I guess they do this to save money....obviously.

This is true of residential buildings in other countries in Asia, too, such as China.

So, what you need to do is to either find a commercial building with super thick concrete flooring, IDK...maybe like 14 inches or something, or you need to move out to a single dwelling, or maybe like the townhouse in your photo.

The reason for the very thick flooring in commercial buildings is that some companies require floors that will hold a lot of weight (i guess).

But, condo buildings are not the same.  And, vibration is easily transmitted from one floor throughout the building if you just tap the concrete with a hammer.

Nobody should live like that, unless they are either completely deaf, or completely daft!

If you choose a townhouse, especially one like 3-levels/3-floors-3-story, then you will have plenty of room, and be very comfortable.

Just makes sure that you know who your neighbors might be.

For example, I found one, in the recent past, which had the two connecting units on either side used just for warehousing and storing items that were not often used.

So that kind of setup would have been ideal.

But, even better is to find a single dwelling, an unattached house, where you have enough land around the house, and enclosed within a wall, with a gate.

But, even then, if you do not choose the right location, you will have aircraft overhead, roosters at all hours, and Music Festivals blasting until after 12 midnight.

Then, also, if you have young people near you, then you will have that Thump Thump Thud Thud base all day at unexpected times.

It has taken me many moves to finally find a house where I can get some uninterrupted sleep at night, every night, except the nights when I post comments on TV.

Quiet nights and quiet days are precocious to me, here in Thailand.

Places like I have now are scarcer than roosters teeth.

If you find a place like this, then this can add years to your life, I would imagine.

Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/12/2024 at 1:41 PM, john donson said:

new law that farang can own land? loooooooooooooooool

You can if you invest about 40 million in the country (like gvt bonds) and jump through a few hoops.