Foreigner and Thai woman get into heated argument on BTS (video)

A post breaking the rules has been removed.

Rule 13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open  forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can  email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy and account suspensions.You will not block  communication from moderators or Admin.

Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated, and any such action will be sanctioned.

There is no excuse for abuse.

28 minutes ago, Reddavy said:

Typical yank loudmouth do they ever talk quietly??? You can hear them before you see them 😡 Would loved to have been on that train next to him. Instant karma bam goodnight. 

Spoken like a true RAG! 🙂

14 hours ago, radiochaser said:

"The foreign man, who spoke in an American accent but had the look of a Chinese man,"

What is that supposed to mean? Ever heard of a Chinese-American? 5% of the American population is of Asian descent (this probably includes Eurasians, though the vast majority remain "pure" Asians) and this percentage is growing fast.

Thais must be extremely ignorant if they aren't aware of the fact America is a multicultural country. In fact, in barely 5 years from now, Whites will no longer be an absolute majority any more (which is both sad and shocking) but this is happening in every western country. In just a few decades from now, claiming to be an American if you're white might attract some strange glances (I kid you not) that's the direction we're headed in.

So this man may be ethnically Chinese, but based on his accent and fluent use of the English language is very likely a native born American citizen.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Hmm Chinese with American accent ....maybe it was himJackie-Chan-040824-0360e99b61b1453bbb406b1b4fbf1dd8.jpg.bd18d36def92d9c61dce2731909dfac1.jpg

Err...he doesn't have an American accent and neither is he an American citizen to the best of my knowledge (or even if he is, his accent is still quite Chinese). 

Try again...

9 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Err...he doesn't have an American accent and neither is he an American citizen to the best of my knowledge (or even if he is, his accent is still quite Chinese). 

Try again...

whether he is an american citizen or not is irrelevant  so the "best of your knowledge" is neither here nor there,  where does it mention that the guy desrcibed in the OP is an  American citizen.?    It does not,  I'm from the UK.  When I hear Jackie Chan speak English I can clearly detect the American influence in his speech  mixed up with his natural chinese accent.  It would appear you are either tone deaf, hard of hearing, or just looking for an argument, probably all 3   Try again

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

What is that supposed to mean? Ever heard of a Chinese-American? 5% of the American population is of Asian descent (this probably includes Eurasians, though the vast majority remain "pure" Asians) and this percentage is growing fast.

Thais must be extremely ignorant if they aren't aware of the fact America is a multicultural country. In fact, in barely 5 years from now, Whites will no longer be an absolute majority any more (which is both sad and shocking) but this is happening in every western country. In just a few decades from now, claiming to be an American if you're white might attract some strange glances (I kid you not) that's the direction we're headed in.

So this man may be ethnically Chinese, but based on his accent and fluent use of the English language is very likely a native born American citizen.

Did you notice that I responded to this comment:
"

Geez...what an utter pric* and total embarrassment for foreigners. 

This piece of ignorant white thrash is just what gives us a bad name.

Apologies calm Thai lady. 

Where the commenter references "white trash"  

Did you read in the news report from where I quoted, "The foreign man, who spoke in an American accent but had the look of a Chinese man,"?

15 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Obviously you have never been to NYcity... they speak like that all the time... and his accent could easily have been Long Island

As UK, international it is, well, I just had waited for rhe next if I at all would use the BTS rush hour. Most likely not

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Try again...

100% American, from the north mid-west by his accent. Probably most likely not of Chinese descent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

As UK, international it is, well, I just had waited for rhe next if I at all would use the BTS rush hour. Most likely not

I just stay hundreds of kilometers away from that place.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Lorry said:

The most interesting thing is that Thais find this newsworthy. Tells you how petty they are,  and how much they like foreigners. 

A few years ago, when they had nothing to eat and no jobs because of COVID, they were very happy to get free lunchboxes and free drink water from the foreigners.

Now, barely 2 years later, they hate the same foreigners who feeded them and want them kicked out of the country.

NEVER FEED A SNAKE BECAUSE WHEN IT SEE AN OPPORTUNITY IT WILL KILL YOU!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

You are a guest in THEIR country. Learn their language and their culture.

A guest is treated better than a non-guest.  Why should you learn their language if you are a guest?

I don't think you know what the word "guest" means.

• Haha 1

at the end of the day ,, if they were not ignorant and selfish and moved so others could get on the train, this would not have even  happened.. so blame the ignorant woman. how many other times does she block the entrance but the thai are too polite to say something,,, maybe now , she and the other ignorant's, will think twice because they stop others getting on the train. But yea, the F bomb is a rude word.. but hey, it got the message across to the ignorant people who choose to think about themselves and not those who need to get on the train .. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

I'm from the US and "Get the f$uck out of the way" is not something anyone would say unless ready to get into a brawl. Even with that in 

Texas where I am from if you called him on it and he took a swing, he might get shot.

Right down the street from me there was a guy that was gassing up and got into an argument with the guy next to him. He thought he would be a bad a$$ and pulled a gun. The other guy pulled his first and killed him dead on the spot. No charges.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

A few years ago, when they had nothing to eat and no jobs because of COVID, they were very happy to get free lunchboxes and free drink water from the foreigners.

Now, barely 2 years later, they hate the same foreigners who feeded them and want them kicked out of the country.

NEVER FEED A SNAKE BECAUSE WHEN IT SEE AN OPPORTUNITY IT WILL KILL YOU!!!!

Seriously, what you crying about? Because you gave some poor people water, they bit your hand off? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So we should all be running round like little bitches accepting any $h1t that is thrown at us by Thais until we simply can't accept anymore and then politely leave.?  Eternally grateful that we were ever allowed to come here in the first place?     

Absolutely not, however we all know or should know, how to respond to situations in a polite manner.Then again maybe some of us do not.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Owiee said:

Absolutely not, however we all know or should know, how to respond to situations in a polite manner.Then again maybe some of us do not.

He should've told the cutie to go forth and multiply.

16 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

He said he did ask in Thai first, but nobody moved to let them on

Some of us actually contribute to this society.

I'd rather throw a viper down my shirtfront than study them any more.

I used to really like it here before I learned the language and culture.

No wonder!

She confronted him aggressively and disrespectfully while recording. 

You know what they say,,,,Dont like it, GO HOME!

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

A guest is treated better than a non-guest.  Why should you learn their language if you are a guest?

I don't think you know what the word "guest" means.

Why should we learn their Language???????????? Are you really that sad??????

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Why should we learn their Language???????????? Are you really that sad??????

I learned their language to intermediate level. I can even read a bit.

Largely a waste of time, to be honest.

So many better things I could do with my time here that would benefit me more: exercise, read novels,  do chores, work a side job, do my hobby, spend time with loved ones, watch TV, go for a massage, relax, take a nap, etc etc

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Haha 1

Siam BTS Station is one of the few with a center platform, so regular commuters know that if you stand near the entrance door as you enter the carriage, you'll be standing on the side away from the door at (almost) every other station on your journey.

It makes for a more comfortable journey and you'll not have to keep moving as people leave the train at the next stations.

Normal people would just say 'excuse me' (which works in any language) and move into the train .... or wait for the next one in 3 minutes.

8 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I learned their language to intermediate level. I can even read a bit.

Largely a waste of time, to be honest.

So many better things I could do with my time here that would benefit me more: exercise, read novels,  do chores, work a side job, do my hobby, spend time with loved ones, watch TV, go for a massage, relax, take a nap, etc etc

Reality check: you speak and understand 0 Thai.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, phetphet said:

I wonder if he would have said "Get the f*** out of the way" if it was some 6'4" muscle bound, bald, tattooed guy instead of a Thai woman.  I doubt it.

Not only him, all who support him in here so boldly too will act very humble.

• Like 2