Non-O visa will expire on September -> Extension of stay based on retirement

I got a non-o visa based on marriage (one year multi) from Savannakhet last year.

Now it is about to expire. I am planning to apply extension of stay based on retirement.

Because I don't have enough funds I need to use agent in Pattaya.

How does this "change" happen? How the proctgoes goes? How much it will cost, I have a Bangkok Bank account (opened in Chiang Mai, if it means something). How many weeks before should I contact agent before my current visa expires?

Thanks for your help in advance!

18 minutes ago, ReinDeerMan said:

How does this "change" happen? How the proctgoes goes? How much it will cost, I have a Bangkok Bank account (opened in Chiang Mai, if it means something). How many weeks before should I contact agent before my current visa expires?

Best to chat with agent. 

Most use LINE or just ring one.

Start with Maneerat Soi 13/2

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, ReinDeerMan said:

Do you really not have sufficient funds for a marriage extension instead of a retirement one?

Or accumulate them through an interim 60-day extension for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife?

10 hours ago, ReinDeerMan said:

I got a non-o visa based on marriage (one year multi) from Savannakhet last year.

Now it is about to expire. I am planning to apply extension of stay based on retirement.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Where the account was opened doesn't matter - you have an acceptable bank for agent service.  You should go see them ASAP, if your permitted-stay is "about to expire."  Be aware, you can leave and return up to the "enter-before" date on the visa, and you get another 90-days on-entry.

As this is your first extension from a "Visa" from a consulate abroad, and that "Visa" is for Thai-Marriage, I am not sure if extending it for "retirement" will be an issue.  It could be a problem if NOT using an agent, but the agent can tell you if their service makes that problem go away (may cost extra, or not).

15 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

As this is your first extension from a "Visa" from a consulate abroad, and that "Visa" is for Thai-Marriage, I am not sure if extending it for "retirement" will be an issue

Good pick up. 

The first extension needs to be based on marriage and don't think agent can obtain extension based on retirement.

Suggest he do as you mentioned and bounce to obtain another 90 day stamp.

After that an agent may suggest he exit and reenter visa exempt to "start over" with non O based on retirement.

Plan @OJAS suggested earlier worth consideration